The Passion of Christ

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I'm just trying to gauge it a little, still kind of unsure about it. It seems that most people who have seen it are already in some way a believer in the story. My best bet would probably be to wait and see. ::)

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Watched it today at Galactor's beneficence. I only shed tears twice. Once, when a condemned man shows compassion for someone when he could have been cursing everybody indiscriminately. The other instance were tears of joy at watching Satan scream in rage and suffering. You have no idea how much I want to see that bastard suffer.

Is it possible the grotesque baby Satan's holding is the Beast spoken of in the Revelation of John?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Psymont said:
i couldnt stay awake .... it was so boring ....

the ending was so predictable . . ::)

Hmmm, the people sitting next to me seemed to love the movie. Like the whipping part they couldn't stop laughing. :-\

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
Y'know, whether you believe in the subject matter or not, I just don't get how anyone could not feel anything for Mary as she ran towards Jesus when he fell while carrying the cross. Even as a guy, that broke my heart.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Starscream said:
Y'know, whether you believe in the subject matter or not, I just don't get how anyone could not feel anything for Mary as she ran towards Jesus when he fell while carrying the cross. Even as a guy, that broke my heart.

Lotta haters out there. I still haven't seen the damn thing because everyone I was going to go with turned into a stupid piece of shit at the last second and changed their minds (lines, times, laziness, lame excuses). Now I'm swamped with school crap so the earliest I can catch it is Thursday.

-Griffith

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Nobody mentioned to me the Devil was in the movie! That's it, I'm sold. I must goto my Lord.

I saw a clip of Big J having his hand nailed to the cross and I must admit, it made me winch a bit. Still, I won't be able to see this movie until it comes out... none of my friends care about history...

Bastards.

Well I saw the movie and have a few complaints.

There were scenes that just seemed way to out of place, a lot of the ways in which the movie was filmed was just annoying and just seemed excessive and this ISN'T including any part in which Jesus is mistreated in anyways.

Speaking on the matter of Jesus' treatment....he was beaten enough to kill him four times and again, this coming from a friend who is a medical student as well. I just thought while the beatings were graphic and maybe proper to express the scene, it's just impossible for a man to live through all of it. He would have been knocked out. X. x

I judged the movie being just that, a movie. From a religious aspect I suppose it is a great movie? But for me it was excessive and even I am a huge gore movie fan. It just seems that for something that is supposed to be historically accurate (at least by Mel Gibson's opinion) it was too much. I still enjoyed the movie despite the loud sobs of those next to me.. :-\

ixupi said:
Well I saw the movie and have a few complaints.

There were scenes that just seemed way to out of place, a lot of the ways in which the movie was filmed was just annoying and just seemed excessive and this ISN'T including any part in which Jesus is mistreated in anyways.

It just seems that for something that is supposed to be historically accurate (at least by Mel Gibson's opinion) it was too much.

Well, I haven't saw the movie just the trailer and I allready have a complaint.
Why is Jesus a white european? He was from the middle east, right?

Back in the day Jesus would've probably been as brown as an afghan, but i suppose its easier to attract white people if he is shown as white himself. :p

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
xechnao said:
Well, I haven't saw the movie just the trailer and I allready have a complaint.
Why is Jesus a white european? He was from the middle east, right?

They probley made him white because Jews living in Israel are white.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
They probley made him white because Jews living in Israel are white.

Now, more white than marocians or tunisians but still not white european.
Anyway, I still expect back then jews of Israel should have been even more brown.

why is Jesus a white european?

hehehee

oh my friend, if you wanna see white,
see me!!

hes pretty dark,

but reguardless something some of you do not realize:

ITS A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!

geeze maurice louise

ahh shit, heheheee

it is a movie, a very good movie i might add,

but its not perfect, neither am i,
im far from it,

anyways, its ok, itll be alright, but when i think of myself,

so young but overblown,

take a look now as the boy is weakened,

watch him fade, watch him fade away,

take a bow as the boy is defeated, :-X

is this the way?

iholla

- c

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
There was an interesting program on the History channel last night on the passion of christ. People who think it is anti -semetic are clearly wrong. Its not a matter of opinion here. In the movie some jews shout that they want jesus to be crusified. Well that donest mean all jews wanted him dead becuase the apostles of jesus were all jewish there was no christian religion at that point. They just considered it another part of judeism. I dont think gibsons point of was to be anti semetic at all just to the point. Jesus was jewish himeslf. Yes jesus was not white but i think the actor that played the part of jesus was the right choice. Gibson tries to make it as historical as possible but i have not yet seen the movie so I am yet to comment how historical it was and how faithful.

Kakkoii_Guts said:
The bible describes Jesus to have skin of bronze. Definitely not white. ;)

The black panther or black power whatever you want to call it, was protesting at movie when it first started. Because the movie didn't have Jesus as black what I found funny is that they said that Jesus had brown skin so that mde him black ...okay because he had brown skin that makes him black? ??? I guess my friends who have brown skin are black also. ::)

This wasn't the first time I've heard about Jesus possibily being black. My 12th grade teacher talk about Jesus being black and some other stuff we were all confuse since we all known that Jesus is Jewish he didn't even make it clear as to why he said he was black and thought us black history. Oh and this was in computer repair class we just told him fucking teach us about computers , it's not even allowed to talk about religion in school. That teacher was a bit weird. :-\

Malf

Jesus was probably dark skined but from old pictures of him I think he was not white but not very dark. I know he was not black theres no way becuase i think it would mention it somwere that this African american looking messiah has come. Im sure people around that time were not exposed to very many blacks. Also one cannot really tell becuase the body of jesus has never been discovered. Who knows but i think jesus was a lightishy brown.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Malf said:
Jesus was probably dark skined but from old pictures of him I think he was not white but not very dark. I know he was not black theres no way becuase i think it would mention it somwere that this African american looking messiah has come. Im sure people around that time were not exposed to very many blacks. Also one cannot really tell becuase the body of jesus has never been discovered. Who knows but i think jesus was a lightishy brown.

I can agree with that. Being that he was from the Galilee area, it's unlikely he was as blond and blue eyed in many of the pictures and paintings he is depicted as. But I don't think he was 'black' per se either. I've seen Afro centric paintings and drawings of Jesus, from Haiti and Africa, and I think that people interpret how they would LIKE Christ to look like, according to their own ethnic background. Which means I'd have to go for an 'Asian' Jesus LOL.

Personally, I think he was tan, with dark hair.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
I thought James Caviezel (Jesus) really looked good for the part. I realize he is not as dark as people most likely were then, but he was not completely fair skinned. They gave him a nice tan and the eyes were awesome. When it showed him in full health and you could see his eyes, you could see that they were brown as were most eyes in that area at the time, but the brightness of the brown really stood out and added to his appearance. I really can't explain why I liked the eye color so much, but I really did.

Malf

I am not sure what kind of eye color he had. I belive he is my saviour so it may be possible for him to have blue eyes. Well what ever color they were I know that they were bright and full unsimilar to any other eyes.

All those pictures of what christ looks like in any christian picture are probably totally off. Scientific reserch and such determines that he probably looked like fairly dark person, maybe even moreso then an iraq person, but you have a belief for what visual image your saviour should look like in your mind to be more respectable and i would hate to ruin that image.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Sparnage said:
All those pictures of what christ looks like in any christian picture are probably totally off. Scientific reserch and such determines that he probably looked like fairly dark person, maybe even moreso then an iraq person, but you have a belief for what visual image your saviour should look like in your mind to be more respectable and i would hate to ruin that image.

Agreed. If he looked anything like the guy who played him in the movie...the groupies would be all over him. There'd be no way he could stay celibate :D or be divine ;)

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Like I said after I say the movie.

The reason the bible says no gays is because women AND men were all over him and he wasn't up for it.

Aconyro

REVENGE!
Sparnage said:
All those pictures of what christ looks like in any christian picture are probably totally off. Scientific reserch and such determines that he probably looked like fairly dark person, maybe even moreso then an iraq person
I have to agree with this. One must remember that he travelled a lot in a hot sunny place and therefore would most probably be darker than other people not lighter. Picture a caucasion that travels alot in the arabian area, they will get a good tan. Now picture someone of jewish background who already has some tan complexion and you get bronze. So he was most likely bronze. About his eye color it could have been brown, or blue, or flourescent green, or blonde (yes i mean blonde) for that matter. Eye color and skin color do not neccesarily correlate. And of course blonde and green would stand out. But most likely due to the Humbleness factor they were brown.

Top Bottom