Trolls

Lliugusamui

around the corner
that my point ... even though the name puck refers to willo, it isn't
it is berserk
thus a kelpie of berserk isnt a kelpie from legends ...

Guillaume said:
you know according to many legends, Puck ( will-o-the-wisp ) are very bad intentioned ; the pooka ( same origin ... ) in ireland is very mean : /
Well, "Puck" is the _name_ of a character, not the creature he is (an Elf or fairy in Berserk), while a "kelpie" is a specific creature, you know.
So, even if Miura adapted his own kelpie (which he did, I don't think kelpies were ever mentioned having a frog/toad-like mane), he kept the fact that it's _not_ a "good creature". Just ask Serpico...
Also, check this: "Puck can also be benevolent however. He is often described as a friend of the poor, oppressed and lovers and as such associated with the Robins Hood and Goodfellow."
So it's not as obvious, as it is with the kelpie.

Guillaume said:
that my point ... even though the name puck refers to willo, it isn't
it is berserk
thus a kelpie of berserk isnt a kelpie from legends ...
But I _was_ talking about the "mythical" kelpie, not Miura's version...
Namayias seemed like he wanted to know what kind of "mythical" creature a kelpie is.
Read his quote again:
namayias said:
I don't know much about some mythical creatures, but I seemed to get the impression the kelpie was sort of a good creature.
But I may be wrong.

Guillaume said:
okay ... anyway i feel that any argumentation with you won't go anywhere
Huh ? ^^;
Well, that was kind of an argumentation of yours... -__-;

I was just being logical here, explaining my point as it seems you misunderstood it at first. I'm sorry if it hurt you, there was absolutely no offense meant.
Nevertheless, I think I'm open-minded enough to accept any justified criticism. But, this last one of yours wasn't really fair or justified... -_-

P

psymont

Olivier Hague said:
Psymont said:
puck seems more like a pixie or fairy to me ....
He's a Pisky.

he calls himself a fairy in my translation, and as a fantasy fan, "pisky" is a foreign word to me .... did u mean pixie? .... if not, where does the origin of the "pisky" originate? .... ???

Chris said:
Also, check this: "Puck can also be benevolent however. He is often described as a friend of the poor, oppressed and lovers and as such associated with the Robins Hood and Goodfellow."
So it's not as obvious, as it is with the kelpie.
I can't remember which volume this was, but when Puck was describing Elfhelm he imagined himself stealing from a wizard and the wizard trying to swat him. So maybe he is still a trickster, but not that bad. Also when farneze couldn't see him he kept messing with her so she would think it was Gattsu.

Chris said:
But I _was_ talking about the "mythical" kelpie, not Miura's version...
Namayias seemed like he wanted to know what kind of "mythical" creature a kelpie is.
Read his quote again:
namayias said:
I don't know much about some mythical creatures, but I seemed to get the impression the kelpie was sort of a good creature.
But I may be wrong.
yep, thats pretty much what I was looking for.

Psymont said:
he calls himself a fairy in my translation
He's referred to as a "Yôsei" (which is a generic word for creatures like elves, gnomes, trolls, leprechauns, etc), an "Elf", and a "Pisky". "Pisky" appears to be the most precise definition of what he is exactly.
as a fantasy fan, "pisky" is a foreign word to me .... did u mean pixie? ....
Same thing. There are different variations of the word, and in "Berserk", Miura used "Pisky".

puella

Berserk forever

maroweapon.jpg

I've missed it

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ShinHell9 said:
I wonder how many times i was hauged on that topic "damn beherits!"

It's spelled hagued (from Olivier Hagué), Kimchan already brough this to your attention.

Top Bottom