VHD Bloodlust

***SPOILERS***

I just saw this and I'm not too impressed. The voice acting was not that good and D's Left Hand is by far the worst and he doesn't shut up. In the first one I liked the Left Hand because he was subtle but in Bloodlust he almost takes D's spotlight. The animation was great though, I will give it that. I was hoping for a drawn out fight between D and Count Meier but there was only a non-fatal sword wound and a staring contest. :/ The bounty hunter group was cool, especially Grove, who fights with his spirit, but Leila was just annoying and unconvincing. The leader looks like his crossbow was influenced by a certain Guts. ;)

It was a little better than the first because of the animation and the fact that the Vampire "villain" wasn't just praying on a human for fun, but I don't think it lives up to the hype.

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
It was a little better than the first because of the animation and the fact that the Vampire "villain" wasn't just praying on a human for fun, but I don't think it lives up to the hype.

Aw, sorry you didn't like it... I really liked it though ^__^

As far as movies go it had just enough plot and action to keep me very entertained. I thought the hand was funny - oh well to each their own ^_-

Ckrisz

Brooklyn Representah
I got to see this on the big screen in NYC. I agree with crazyCelt ... the animation was top-notch and some of the best I've seen. However, the story left a lot to be desired. It helped round out the funky world of Vampire Hunter D, but I didn't really like the Left Hand in this one, either, because he seemed a lot more obnoxious and lot less funny. Grove was cool, but they just didn't spend the time to develop the characters enough. Leila was okay, but they didn't draw on her emotions enough or outline enough of a compelling backstory for her. I did, however, like Meier, and the ending fit very well.

I found VHD to be surprisingly tame as far as the whole horror angle was concerned (though this was fine by me) but the action sequences were also not particularly inspired. A movie llike VHD lives and dies by them, and they just didn't measure up.

Auto80T-Prime

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Is the dvd being released here going to be bilingual? Because I heard a rumor that the dub would only be released here in the states? Please tell me that that's not true...

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I got to see this on the big screen in NYC. I agree with crazyCelt ... the animation was top-notch and some of the best I've seen. However, the story left a lot to be desired.

That's typically the word of mouth I hear on it. :(

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
Alright, I’m confused. I just downloaded VHD Bloodlust off of streamload and it was in English with Japanese subtitles… that just doesn’t seem right for anime. Is it supposed to be like that? Is there a Japanese language version w/ subs? Please let me know…

Alright, I’m confused. I just downloaded VHD Bloodlust off of streamload and it was in English with Japanese subtitles… that just doesn’t seem right for anime. Is it supposed to be like that?
Yes.
Is there a Japanese language version w/ subs?
There is a Japanese language version as well.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Alright, I’m confused. I just downloaded VHD Bloodlust off of streamload and it was in English with Japanese subtitles… that just doesn’t seem right for anime. Is it supposed to be like that? Is there a Japanese language version w/ subs? Please let me know…

Well the audio track was recorded in english first. VHD was for the most part made to please the western audience. Pretty much the movie was made for us U.S. fans. Just like the New Fushigi Yuugi story that's coming out (or is out). Sure the story ended but it's huge in the U.S. Might as well make money right? The US is getting a stronger voice in the anime community.

Top Bottom