Was griffith's torture necessary?

DoM

I'm a llama!
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
I just remember the look of horror on Guts and Judeau's faces when they took the iron mask off Griffith. If GUTS had a look of horror, imagine what Griffith's face must have looked like. You just get the feeling that the torturer ( and I think it was even mentioned in the anime and manga) loved disfiguring someone so young and pretty.

After they got Griffith out of the prison, we can, sometimes, see his face throught the mask and it doesn't seem bad.. ???

The_Fetus_Ninja

Lets go, bub!
Charlotte, Miyu and Kimchan basically covered the main points.

I also think that even though Griffith was a respected Commander and a nobleman (through appointment not birth) he was discriminated against because of his common birth. The king felt betrayed because he raised Griffith to such a high position from nothing basically. (In the kings mind)

I think it had to happen. It was fate. His torture, his weakness (after being tortured for a year), then his transformation to "GOD" status as Femto. These experiences had to occur as part of his journey to become a GODHAND.

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Besides his obvious actions Griffith was seen as a commoner even after all he had accomplished, the nobles saw him and the Hawks as usurper's unfit for the roles they had been given. I think it was a combination of both of these aspects that lead to the brutal nature of his torture. Griffith was feared by more than just the enemies he met on the battlefield, obviously. That and the fact the king was a sick bastard, and had his perfect "flower" corrupted, which he then corrupted further.

I was actually glad Griffith got knocked down a couple notches for the moment. I don't think there's one moment in the Manga where I have felt sympathy for him.

(Runs for cover from the Griffith fan club) ;D

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
I can can with some degree of certainity that the torturer prob did not make griff eat lots of rice, make him drink lots of water and then jump on his belly. Heard that was done by the japanese in WW 2.

And I don't want to think what could of been done with griff testies. That guy was pretty creepy..

initialdproject

I'm stalking you....
acculay be incinuating(sp?) that he was creepy was slightly sexual, and cause Griff is "good looking" he might be doing something other then smash.....

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
initialdproject said:
acculay be incinuating(sp?) that he was creepy was slightly sexual, and cause Griff is "good looking" he might be doing something other then smash.....

Well, you certainly couldn't rule out the possibility of Griffith suffering from physical and sexual torture. I know that the torturer really admired how beautiful Griffith's body was, but I don't think it was purely sexual. I think he was partly enamoured with Griffith because he never was able to torture and physical destroy someone who was so beautiful and physically perfect. His job was to destroy the beauty and perfection Griffith embodied. Though it wouldn't surprise me if he took advantage of Griffith, that wasn't his primary job . . . so smash is a pretty good summary of what may have happened.

skeletonmf

Imprisoned for crimes too hideous to be named.
keep in mind this takes place in a dark age where even the most liberal kings would throw you in a dungeon for disobeying them. especially if you screwed his 16 year old daughter. it is pretty necessary to the story though. you can only summon the godhand when youre desperate or dying. if griffth hadnt been broken so badly, there would have been no reason to use the behelit.

what i find unnecessary is how if you screwed a 16 year old these days, they call you a rapist and throw you in jail where you get raped by inmates. but hey, that's just me.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
initialdproject said:
And I don't want to think what could of been done with griff testies. That guy was pretty creepy..

Well it could have been nailed to a tree and then griff is forced to walk around it...

*hint volume 14 hint*

somethin i just thought of,

i dont think it was said here earlier,

but people are tryin to compare griffith to the anti-christ,

that made me think and come up with an interesting thought for this thread,

sorry if this was posted earlier, ive been too busy to look,

but to become femto with the egg of the king, he needed to be tortured,

kinda how to become the savior of mankind, Jesus had to be nailed on the cross,

just an interesting thought,

i wonder if that was what miura did, just kinda put those together but made griffiths torture for the bad of mankind, instead of good,

just a thought

- c :)

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
what i find unnecessary is how if you screwed a 16 year old these days, they call you a rapist and throw you in jail where you get raped by inmates. but hey, that's just me.

It's called poetic justice. ;)

10-4 said:
somethin i just thought of,

i dont think it was said here earlier,

but people are tryin to compare griffith to the anti-christ,

that made me think and come up with an interesting thought for this thread,

sorry if this was posted earlier, ive been too busy to look,

but to become femto with the egg of the king, he needed to be tortured,

kinda how to become the savior of mankind, Jesus had to be nailed on the cross,

just an interesting thought,

i wonder if that was what miura did, just kinda put those together but made griffiths torture for the bad of mankind, instead of good,

just a thought

- c :)

I can see the parallel to it.

if that is the parallel i wonder if he is gonna flip it around in the end?

that would throw about 100% of the readers off their seat,

making griffith the actual, "goodguy" to save the world,

that would be historical, not like everything else in berserk isnt,

just extra historical ;D

- c

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Griffith may have lost anything dangling or not vital for him to live. So that would probably include the testicals, but in the long shot it doesnt matter. Griffith IS femto...

how did femto grow a new one if griffith is femto?

Well when he gave in he was transformed into femto, and you could probably guess that all the damage inflicted to him was repaired.And yes, he was probably givin a new dick, how else would he rape Caska?

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
skeletonmf said:

Well the age of sexual consent in my state is 16, so ha.

Top Bottom