Watchmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aazealh said:
Quote from: Aazealh on July 30, 2009, 02:59:23 AM
Let's just say the movie ending is the solution for people too stupid to understand the story..
To think that everybody has to agree to what you think to be <choose_one:right,smart,awesome,DaRoflB0mb> is pure fallacy of composition.

Scorpio said:
You're... joking. Right? A hefty bit of sarcasm? Something zany to put people in their place? Do people even use GG anymore, let alone in a serious (people are taking it seriously at least) discussion? A wildcard to throw everyone for a loop? It's the only way to have what you've written make sense.

Sorry, gg norekthnx bye.

A serious discussion? are you kidding me there is a picture of Watchmen for Dummys used as a reply.

GG is my equivalent to the Giant Squid, used to cause fear and confusion in the hearts and minds of men.

P.S. I can't understand norekthnx unless it uses the standard L33t sp33k guidelines. I recommend using either the HI-LO variaton (I like to g33kly call it the SqUaRe_WaV3) or at the least use 0 instead of o.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
ELEKTRO said:
To think that everybody has to agree to what you think to be <choose_one:right,smart,awesome,DaRoflB0mb> is pure fallacy of composition.

My good faith replies have been largely ignored, which I don't mind because it proves my point that the fallacy here is that there's even a discussion.

ELEKTRO said:
A serious discussion? are you kidding me there is a picture of Watchmen for Dummys used as a reply.

I wanted to post something even an engineer could understand. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ELEKTRO said:

Hahaha, you don't actually understand what you're talking about, do you? Well, at least you didn't put as much effort into it as Denial did.

ELEKTRO said:

It's not like you warranted another form of reply.

ELEKTRO said:
GG is my equivalent to the Giant Squid, used to cause fear and confusion in the hearts and minds of men.

It's more like your poor, lazy attempt at having the last word without saying anything of value. Without even being relevant to what you were quoting in fact.

Griffith

Well, here we go, he'd gone under the boat, but I see him resurfacing, 'Quoting a post from "Re: Watchmen".'

I just hope it's one of mine. :judo: :ganishka:

Aazealh said:
Hahaha, you don't actually understand what you're talking about, do you?

I do , the question is do you understand what I am talking about?

Aazealh said:
It's more like your poor, lazy attempt at having the last word without saying anything of value. Without even being relevant to what you were quoting in fact.

Those are my thoughts exactly on the squid ending ;)

宮本 グリフィス said:
My good faith replies have been largely ignored, which I don't mind because it proves my point that the fallacy here is that there's even a discussion.

I wanted to post something even an engineer could understand. =)

Sorry for ignoring you but in mathematics and science useless information should always be discarded.

Griffith

ELEKTRO said:
Sorry for ignoring you but in mathematics and science useless information should always be discarded.

Well, that explains your fully reduced analysis of Watchmen. It's okay, I haven't met an engineer yet that could read deeper meaning in anything beyond stereo instructions. I don't blame you for not reading my bloviations either, since it took you at least a half hour just to type the preceding three sentence reply. =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ELEKTRO said:
I do , the question is do you understand what I am talking about?

You poor fool. Here's something closer to a fallacy of composition:

ELEKTRO is stupid.
ELEKTRO doesn't like the squid.
Therefore all people who don't like the squid are stupid.

But that's more of a faulty generalization. A true fallacy of composition is to draw a conclusion about a whole based on the features of its parts, but without providing any justification for the inference. I think I missed my vocation, I should have been a teacher for the mentally handicapped or something like that.

ELEKTRO said:
Those are my thoughts exactly on the squid ending ;)

Another poor, lazy attempt at having the last word without saying anything of value. Without even being relevant to what you were quoting in fact.

ELEKTRO said:

OH SNAP! ICEBURN!! :schierke: For someone taking so much pride in his mathematical skills, you're really not very good at logic.

Griffith

This is really this thread's destiny anyway, though like others he is pushing the limits of our "good poster policy." But then again, so am I here.

Anyway, stop reading this thread everybody and go read Watchmen, it's a comic, it's good, some say the best. Or go read my posts about it, they're good, some say the best. =)

P.S. Screw it, he's gone under the boat* again, so I'm locking the thread. If you can't even shitpost in less than an hour, you probably shouldn't post at all. Elektro, if you were actually crafting a real, worthwhile reply about Watchmen, PM it to me and I'll reopen, otherwise, this thread is done.

*For anyone curious, "going/gone under the boat" refers someone taking so long in the process of posting a reply that their "posting in" action disappears from the recent activity in the Who's Online feature. It's also an excellent time to lock a thread, so that when they finally post their masterpiece, all they get is message telling them the thread is locked! :ganishka:

Hmmmm, I think we need a saying for that too, like "dropping the net" or something? As in, "He's gone under the boat, so I'm dropping the net on him." =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom