What first statue do you recommend me?

Hi im new here. Im pretty new to model collecting. Ive got some questions.

Im looking for the best quality and the most awsome. Which do you think I should get first?

Guts: Attack Form, Episode of Birth Feast, Magun and Armored Berserk

I know they are hard to find but i just want to get a idea of which I should put higher on my priority list. Sorry that im really indecisive.

Guts

Black Swordsman
Zodd 3 from art-of-war, for the simple reason that it's unique and only 500 made; it also mean that in the event of future sell, it might worth alot of $$$

Don't mind about what statue will cost a lot of money in the future. If you are a real fan, it is not important.

So, if I have to advise you, I would say (according what I have seen from my own eyes) :

-the first Berserker armor (best pose ever with the cape)
-Berserker on rock ("& fire dragon") (second best pose ever)
-Femto rebirth (powerful statue)
-Guts & Slan diorama (a pure beauty)
-Zodd II (or the first with wings)
-Zodd Senma (if you have the money and like Zodd's character)
-Skullknight
-Skullknight on horse
-Gurunberd

Concerning the Guts, I really love Bloody Magun, Episode of the Birth Feast, Attack Form and Lost Children

You have also the Griffith and Guts on horse 1/15 scaled (golden age forever)

bobstarbi said:
Hey kenji i love your collection. You got any tips for displaying statues? :carcus:

I don't understand the word "tips" in the sentence (I am French, sorry)

Anyway, try to find some pictures of each statue to choose what statue you would prefer (berserkstatues.com, Derek's website, is perfect for this) ;)

Trust me. I have spent loads of time on that awsome website but it dosent help me! They just make me want to get them even more!

bobstarbi said:
Trust me. I have spent loads of time on that awsome website but it dosent help me! They just make me want to get them even more!

:guts: haha, I also know that ;)
But only you can make the choice. Art of War produced strong statues and overall, I think they do a great job (be careful : there are few mistakes such as the Darka or Guts Berserker Exclusive 2).
If you have a favorite character, it would probably help you.

Guts

Black Swordsman
now that skullknight on horse finally appear in 1/10 scale, this definitely should be your number one priority. :SK:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'd recommend you start off with a cool Guts statue. Possibly the Birth Feast or Magun statue. Just avoid the often cheaply priced Guts Maken, Guts has pox in that statue. :guts:
Check this, not too bad!
http://cgi.ebay.com/BERSERK-GUTS-BLACK-SWORDSMAN-MAGUN-Statue-ART-OF-WAR-JP_W0QQitemZ300115610222QQihZ020QQcategoryZ99992QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
A tad pricey, and the box is a little beat up. Make your choice, I'd definitely start off my collection with a Guts statue. And to quote the seller, "If you are BERSERK fan, it is very worth to get."

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah, that's one of the best, in my opinion. It'd be a great statue to start out with and the price is a little high, but not too bad. I've seen some going for much more.

Yeah i was thinking of getting a Magun. I saw a new one go on ebay for $200 which i could have got but ive decided i want to get a Bloody Limited Edition one. It will be harder to fun but thats half the fun! :guts: I'm thinkin of getting a cabinet soon. I know most people have the Detolf one from Ikea but i want to ask you guys what you think of this one http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10103&storeId=7&langId=-20&productId=32227

bobstarbi said:
Yeah i was thinking of getting a Magun. I saw a new one go on ebay for $200 which i could have got but ive decided i want to get a Bloody Limited Edition one. It will be harder to fun but thats half the fun! :guts: I'm thinkin of getting a cabinet soon. I know most people have the Detolf one from Ikea but i want to ask you guys what you think of this one http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10103&storeId=7&langId=-20&productId=32227

Hey there! Yes, the Magun is an excellent choice. Good luck on your search. A bloody one went for $500 a few weeks ago. That's really steep! You can definitely get one for cheaper than that.

About your display case, I've never seen that one before, but it looks pretty cool. One thing though, is that even though it's quite a bit wider, there seems to be a lot of wasted vertical space. In general, Berserk statues are only 8-10 inches tall (minus the Zodds and everything). So, you might find the shelves in the case to be too far apart, even if they are adjustable. If you can get additional shelves for that case, then that would be really cool. Otherwise, you might want to consider something else.

PS, statues/figures look best on glass shelves I think. The shelves on that case above look to be steel.

DirectDK said:
Hey there! Yes, the Magun is an excellent choice. Good luck on your search. A bloody one went for $500 a few weeks ago. That's really steep! You can definitely get one for cheaper than that.

About your display case, I've never seen that one before, but it looks pretty cool. One thing though, is that even though it's quite a bit wider, there seems to be a lot of wasted vertical space. In general, Berserk statues are only 8-10 inches tall (minus the Zodds and everything). So, you might find the shelves in the case to be too far apart, even if they are adjustable. If you can get additional shelves for that case, then that would be really cool. Otherwise, you might want to consider something else.

PS, statues/figures look best on glass shelves I think. The shelves on that case above look to be steel.

Well maybe the reason why it was $500 was that it was a completely new magun. I thought of the same problems about the cabinet as you DK. I was thinkin of using the cabinet to store other stuff aswell.

Found much better cabinet. Pricy though http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6131344.htm

Help choosing a statue

Hi. I made a topic awhile ago about choosing my statue but i could never find the one i wanted. Now i need help again for my first berserk statue :serpico:.

Well here are my options

Gutts-Birth Feast/Berserker
Zodd-Zodd Senma/ Transformed Zodd 2
Skullknight-Horse riding 1 or 2 (Can't Decide)
Femto-Femto

Might not be able to afford some of the more expensive ones :judo:

I would like to hear everybodys opinions. Especially people who own one of these themselves and have seen them first hand. Thank you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Help choosing a statue

bobstarbi said:
Hi. I made a topic awhile ago about choosing my statue but i could never find the one i wanted. Now i need help again for my first berserk statue :serpico:.

That's cool but I think I'm going to merge this thread with the older one since they're really about the same thing, it'll be more convenient that way.

bobstarbi said:
Guts-Birth Feast/Berserker
Femto-Femto

The old SK on Horse, the classic Femto and Zodd II are all great statues that you can't go wrong with. They're definitely among AOW's best products. I don't have Zodd "Senma", and personally I'm not a huge fan of it. It's the best "human Zodd" they have, but it's a tad too bloody for my taste. Overall still one of the best among their recent statues, so if you like it you can go ahead. In fact the only one I wouldn't recommend is Birth Feast. I don't think it's all that good, the face sucks, head is too small, the pose is fine but nothing special. The "Armored Berserk" is a much, muuuuch better choice IMHO. Another that you can buy without worry.

Well, that wasn't very helpful, I guess in the end it's really just up to whichever you like the most. :guts:

Hey. Thanks for the reply Aaz. Do you know how much the armoured berserker sells for usually? Oh yeah fogot to mention im going for the bloody limited edition btw :ganishka:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
bobstarbi said:
Hey. Thanks for the reply Aaz. Do you know how much the armoured berserker sells for usually? Oh yeah fogot to mention im going for the bloody limited edition btw :ganishka:

Well, I can't tell you exactly as I don't follow these auctions much in general, not to mention that prices always vary, but I think you should expect at least $500, and should be ready to fork up to $650 in case other people are a minimum interested.

Re: Help choosing a statue

bobstarbi said:
Guts-Birth Feast/Berserker
Femto-Femto

Argh ! Very hard to tell.
Those statues are pure wonderful pieces that won't disapoint you.

Senma is still available on Art of War website and I really wanted to say that it is definately worth buying.
Don't focus on art of war photographies, the blood work is more subtile and beautiful in real. My first impression when I saw it on the website (in the pre order session) was the same as Aazealh ("too much blood for me"). But when I saw it from my own eyes, it was a totally another experience. I just love the blood on Zodd's body.

Anayway, Zodd II is for me the best transformed Zodd statue (... by far).
It is for you to judge what character you want to begin with (I think a Guts or a Zodd is a good idea)

bobstarbi said:
Aaz in what way is the Guts' face in Birth Feast suck?

I will agree with Aazealh in that the face may not be 100% accurate, but this is one awesome statue in my opinion. I picked up the battle damaged pvc version as my first Berserk figure, and now have the resin statue - it is one of my favourites. Go and get one NOW! :guts:

Top Bottom