what was the first anime you watched?

Akira, Ninja Scroll, Berserk, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Nausicaa of the valley of the wind, Lain, Flame of Recca, and now i'm waiting for my friend to bring me back my cd's of Kenshin to start watching the 95 episodes and the OVAs and movies.. he only have the 25 firsts episodes.. i got the other ones.. but i can't start watching it from episode 25 !!

I saw them in this order i think.. there's probably some missing in my list.. i spent nights in college watching anime :p

GreatDoobieMan

I CANT FEEL MY FACE!
i think my frist was ether Vampire Hunter D or robot carnival, but what realy got me in to anime was ether Macross or evangelion, yeah i think it was evangelion mostly!

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Man, a lotta you guys started later than I would expect. All the stuff you started watching didn't come out for another 10 years :p

Franz said:
Man, a lotta you guys started later than I would expect. All the stuff you started watching didn't come out for another 10 years :p

I've been watching anime since I was 4 I faintly remember Transformers and one Transformer turning into a cassete and that noise that they make when they transform.

On a related note http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/475/475640p1.html :eek:

D

dragonminipulator

the first anime i really watched and got into was gundam, but if you count transformers then that was a long time ago i was watching them.

Membrax

Some beast eating its heart in the desert
My 1st anime - I mean non kiddy stuff - was Cowboy Bebop, the first episode (about the red eyes drug). I remember it was only a part of it, but when I saw the dramatic and touching end I really had shivers. "OMG that's sooo beautiful, what the hell is that ??!!" I thought ^_^ And that's how I became strongly anime-addicted...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Hokuto No Ken tv series, somewhere around 1988-9, Doraemon, Saint Seiya, i hated takaya speed racer, and yes, voltron and vultus, devilman and baghi, and nausicaa, and galaxy, ulysess, cpt. future...

*manical flashback over*

aah, those were the days...

SKuLL LaRD

i AM nut skulLord.net!!!!!
THE FIRST ANIME I SAW WAS ON ACCIDENT IT WAS ANGEL OF DARKNESS I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT THE BIBLE BUT THE BIBLE NEVER MADE ME TOUCH MY PANTS PLACE WHICH IS AS BIG AS ASIA!!1111! ANYWAYS I DID NOT LEARN ANYTJHING!!!11??//?

O

Ozmo

Does Moomin/Muumi count? It was produced in Japan you know. ;)

Barring that, it was probably Record of Lodoss War that I saw at a friend's place. I was pretty much into Fantasy setting stuff back then (heck, the only reason I was at his place was the he was being the GM for the RPG we were playing ;D ) and it was easy for me to get hooked. Ironically I saw the first 1/4 of Berserk episode one like 3 times several weeks apart before and after I finally finished the first episode I was convinced it was some crappy über-violence series with no plot that I'd never like a bit. Equally ironic is that I was introduced to the manga by the Hawks, who I have little love for anymore.

incognitoX

you fail me
I'm not sure if it'd really counts seeing as how it was probably butchered when dubbed but I have an old tape of Tekkaman (Teknoman) from when I was a kid.

Otherwise Record of Lodoss War and Akira (saw them on Sci Fi Channel on saturday mornings back in the day)

Top Bottom