What was your reaction when you first read the Eclipse and the events afterward

Hello skullknight.net Mvdestiny here again, how was your day, hope it went well.

Anyways the question is how did y'all feel when Griffith's eclipse occurred. The brutal and cruel deaths of the Band of the Falcon we loved, them going to the vortex of souls aka hell, Guts losing his eye and arm, the rape of Casca and Guts having to watch, Griffith not giving a damn about what he did, Casca losing her memory and Guts having to struggle those years against demonkind. So yeah I wanna see your opinions from that time you first saw the Eclipse and if y'all moved on from it.

I was around 15 I believe, I watched it in the anime first, I remember feeling depressed, angry, I even cried a bit. Then I learned that there is more, that this isnt the end, and I learned that Guts and Casca survive(the 1997 anime doesnt make it clear). So yeah, lots of emotions, it really impacted me and I dont think ive ever seen something as cruel since. :guts:

Attachments

• ZuPuck.png
    ZuPuck.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 5

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yeah im not sure as to why they dont show skullknight or show how guts escaped

The Skull Knight is never introduced in the anime, so him showing up suddenly would not make things much clearer. Rather, not revealing what happened (beyond the fact Guts somehow survived) meant people would be compelled to try and find out, therefore buying the manga. A most effective strategy that was a total success.

The Skull Knight is never introduced in the anime, so him showing up suddenly would not make things much clearer. Rather, not revealing what happened (beyond the fact Guts somehow survived) meant people would be compelled to try and find out, therefore buying the manga. A most effective strategy that was a total success.
Mystery kinda works well too, u dont expect the eclipse if u see very little of the demonic or rather inhumans

Mystery kinda works well too, u dont expect the eclipse if u see very little of the demonic or rather inhumans
The eclipse had been hinted at already by zodd but he made it sound very confusing,could've just said so yeah pretty much that silver haired dude is gonna sacrifice you and your friends to ugly ass demons so he can claim godhood what horror would that be tho betrayal comes like a thief in the night unexpected.

Parkus

Keep pushing no matter what
how did y'all feel when Griffith's eclipse occurred. The brutal and cruel deaths of the Band of the Falcon we loved, them going to the vortex of souls aka hell, Guts losing his eye and arm, the rape of Casca and Guts having to watch, Griffith not giving a damn about what he did, Casca losing her memory and Guts having to struggle those years against demonkind. So yeah I wanna see your opinions from that time you first saw the Eclipse and if y'all moved on from it.
I obviously already knew something was gonna happen because of volumes 1-3 but I never imagined something as brutal as the Eclipse, everything was so unexpected to me seeing every person in the hawks getting devoured and killed only for them to get their souls dragged to hell. I already knew Griffith did a lot of horrible stuff before but this is beyond what I imagined, and for him to go so far by taunting Guts by raping Casca for leaving him just fueled my hatred for him even more.

When SkullKnight saved both Casca and Guts I was a little happy(but still very sad) knowing Guts didn't lose everyone(excluding Rickert since he wasn't apart of it). But the fact the story didn't tell us Casca was regressed to a child-like state and not able to remember Guts or Rickert made it shocking for me since we all thought we would have seen them together able to comfort each other and stuff.

Top Bottom