What's the Best new Anime you've seen this year?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Well out of this year I have to say I've seen three series I like a lot. Initial D (All three stages), Saiyuki and Yami No Matsuei. I like All Three of them a lot. Excellent series all of them. I've seen others but those three series I see as the best I've seen this year. :)

And You?

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Re: What's the Best new Anime you've seen this yea

I saw this anime called speed racer awhile ago [joking] man was that alsome [joking], who's that one guy with the X on his mask ??? [shoot me]  manthat had a better story line then Berserk [why havn't you shot me yet?] and the animation is so alsome!!!!!!!

Sofus

I serve the God Hand

Choosing from the anime that's been airing this year I'd have to go with the tv series of X. Much better than the movie since it's 24 eps, it doesn't compromise the whole manga story into an hour and a half like the movie. Beautiful, clean art and cool characters combined with a story about the end of the world. Makes a winning concept, at least for me :)

Hellsing is pretty damn cool. The new Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is sweet too. FLCL and Noir are not to shabby either.....

puella

Berserk forever

p.s. wyld is sexyer then Void sofus
agree. Wild is one of the sexiest guys in the manga.
then who is the sexiest male character? emmm~
Serpico absolutely!! :-[

CnC

Ad Oculos

haven't seen too much in the way of new anime this year... so i'm gonna have to go with the Cowboy Bebop movie... i liked that

Sofus

I serve the God Hand

Hehe, yeah Hellsing rocks! Saw ep 6 and it finally seems like things are starting to move to put it mildly :)

And the new D movie certainly rocked as well, especially the art, maybe the most beautiful animated movie I've seen so far, and I've seen a lot (got well over 200 anime cds by now) :)
The story was a bit... up in the clouds, but I guess that's the way it should be, it certainly was dramatic

Kenoh-Sama

Hellsing is pretty damn cool. The new Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is sweet too. FLCL and Noir are not to shabby either.....

Hellsing huh? Cool. I'll definitly check it out!! He looks!!!

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro

don't know ???
Read or Die is really exciting for only 2 OVAs (can't wait for the next one!)
but I appreciate also Vandread 2 or Jungle Wa Istumo Hale Nochi Guu ( almost as crazy as FLCL)

I saw VHD: Bloodlust and pictures are beautiful (even better than Blood the last vampire) but I didn't have a crush on the story.

I'm always waiting for Sen to Chihiro, which is not already out in my country (delayed...... :( )

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun

Jeez, I cant even remember all of the new anime I’ve seen this year, but no matter what I’ve seen, I think Berserk takes the cake. ;D

R

Rufus

ok it snot new inf act its really old speed racer time but i sa wit this year so its new to me its legend of galatic heroes was really nice i saw it in a shitty theater at otakon 2001

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....

I think X tv, and Hellsing were damn cool...but they seem to be hanging by the coattails of some other phenomenon....X is based off the very popular manga, which isn't really a recent product at all; and Hellsing is a refreshing way to reharsh classic legends, along with several other works(the new D, Blood the Last vampire etc.). Don't get me wrong they are Great! I just think that as stand alone work, the best i have seen so far is Scryed, which have an interesting background of 'powers', and VERY tight story telling, as well as nice visuals. Just my worthless 2 cents ;D

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...

I hardly see any good Animes because I live in Austria.

However,if I get to see one once in a hundred years, I always compare it with Berserk so that my expectations are always way too high and eventually i get disappointed. :'( :)

yet i saw one I  liked :"Blood"was alittle bit confusing but had good style.

however i still hope that someday somehow the anime of berserk will be finished!(i know that miura hadn t been satisfied with it at all but it would be a great special)

Scryed is great, but the "alter" ability is a rip off the "stand" ability of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (...and perhaps that's a rip off something else, heh). But...I can't really put my finger on why it's so good. Everything about the show is simplistic, but they pace the show perfectly, have great humor, action, and characters.

Kenoh-Sama

Scryed is great, but the "alter" ability is a rip off the "stand" ability of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (...and perhaps that's a rip off something else, heh).  But...I can't really put my finger on why it's so good.  Everything about the show is simplistic, but they pace the show perfectly, have great humor, action, and characters.

Even Ah! My Goddess takes the Stand concept from JoJo. The AMG "Holy Bell" is it's equivelant.

Auto80T-Prime

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Although I've only seen the first two episodes, the best anime I've seen this year has been Furi Kuri. But, Initial D: Second Stage was pretty cool too..

Also, I've heard bits and pieces of Hellsing, anybody know where I could get it (besides downloading it, with my 56K modem that could take forever...), such as in fansubs or what not?

Just had to add, I change my vote from "Fruits Basket" to "Now and Then, Here and There."  Amazing show.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kenoh-sama - Yeah, I had noticed that.

Top Bottom