which love do you prefer in berserk?

puella

Berserk forever
Re: :DRe: which love do you prefer in berserk?

Yeah I think almost everyone goes through that sweet innocent puppy love during those younger years.

I definitely wouldnt want Luca and Jerome's romantic situation.  :D :D
really? I think Luca and Jerome's love is also quite interesting.
At first, Luca didn't believe Jerome and would think he was just a horny noble man. Luca might think love was just a luxurious thing.
but it's been changed later!
woudn't it be nice?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Re:  :DRe: which love do you prefer in berserk?

really? I think Luca and Jerome's love is also quite interesting.
At first, Luca didn't believe Jerome and would think he was just a horny noble man. Luca might think love was just a luxurious thing.
but it's been changed later!
woudn't it be nice?

Yes thats always nice. I talking about the risk of prostitution in general. It would be horrying to find out the girl/guy you love so much is infected with something thats incurable. You know what I mean? And you can forget about having children. How tragically sad is that?!

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Since for them is a work, prostitutes generally take more precaution than other people and, in fact, the speading of diseases today,contrary to popular belief, is more rilevant among not mercenary rapport, also because everyone think that such a nice girl or guy has to be okay.

Of course at that time there were less means of prevention than today, but Luka to me seems on the safe side, if such exists.

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Since for them is a work, prostitutes generally take more precaution than other people and, in fact, the speading of diseases today,contrary to popular belief, is more rilevant among not mercenary rapport, also because everyone think that such a nice girl or guy has to be okay.

And how would you know that, Roberto? ;)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
1) Judeau and Caska.

For Judeau's love was so immense and for another reason:
Judeau missed to tell Caska about his feelings not because he didn't have the courage, but for he was somehow anticipating the love between Guts and Caska, that had yet still to come. His level of respect for both of them was very high, that's why he didn't interfere.
What was important for Judeau in the first place was that Caska was happy.
He gave up the possibility of realizing a part of his own dream and personal luck for it. In the end, he even gave up his life for her.

2) Guts and Caska.

Caska hated Guts in the beginning, because Griffith treated him in a way she always wanted to be treated ever since she met Griffith.
Guts appeared in her life and took away her dream, for Guts was the kind of person Griffith was searching for. Guts mentioned to reach in one day what Caska couldn"t reach in years: To be the Sword of Griffith, to help him reach his ultimate goal, his dream.
Guts didn't even know or care about it at all. This is why Caska's feelings were hurt.

Later then, when Caska was realizing that fighting at the side of Griffith wasn't what she was dreaming about anymore, when she was realizing that she couldn't find the sense of her existence in this kind of "one-directional love" and Guts finally walked away to find his own dream, she already knew she actually wanted Guts to stay with her, but STILL wouldn't admit it. Caska didn't like the thought that she was changing.

Guts needed to walk away and leave her behind to make the love between the two of them possible, that is what makesthe relationship between the two of them especially interesting to me.

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Good, the relationship that I more like is with certainty of Gatts and Caska, this yes is the real love. The love of Joaquin for Nina (that cheap prostitute did not deserve)also is special, for whom it never made it left to love it.

Other types of love are: Serpico and Farnese, that I find that it is the call fraternal love on the part of serpico, I I do not find that it loves it of the same skill that gatts loves caska.

Griffith for Gatts - I believe that the love of Griffith for gatts must be deeper of the one than a simple friendship, but Gatts does not feel, Griffith the same made it to move, that I only find that Gatts feels admiration for it and not that it is gotten passionate by Griffith.

Rickert and Érica - They are friends or have something more?

Farnese and Gatts - Still I do not know on the feelings of her for he , will be love of man and woman or admiration? ???

Markaveli63

I don't love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Oltobaz said:
What about Donovan and Guts??
A relation based only on sex can never work out...

I like the Guts/Casca relationship very much, but I liked it better when Casca was still 'normal' (I only read up to vol. 19, so don't bother).

And yes, Casca/Judeau was beautifull too...

T

temporary

I beg to differ, eros must come about first in order to understand agape my friend.

Me and Caska, I love dark hair ;D. Seriously though, I have enjoyed watching the stubborn fiesty love of Guts and Caska. They always tried to one-up each other, until the eclipse of course. I guess I just enjoyed watching them try to pretend to wanna kill each other, then BOOM!, they are in love. Quite interesting I always thought :).

- C

Farnese and Serpico

Its just so twisted and so wrong and so restrained. You can almost feel the tension, in their earlier appearances. It just adds this new life to the series I think.

S

Some Guy

Guts and Griffith- A very interesting relationship.  Guts was the only man Griffith (and possibly only thing) Griffith ended up caring about more than his ambition.  The first such incident I can recall is when Griffith feared he'd kill Guts during their second duel.

Yet that love turned to frustration when he unexpectedly left and bested him in the duel and sought to sooth his tortured soul with the King's daughter.   Then he shifted toward hate and rivalry when his ambition tamporarily fell to pieces during his year in the tortured confinement. Presently it seems that since he sold his humanity to the Godhand he had lost his feelings toward Guts ( as stated on the Hill of Swords) and now cares for nothing but his dream, his ambition.

Guts started to show that he truely cared for Griffith around the time he slayed some 100 mercenaries and camed to the conclusion that he was the only member of the Hawks that didn't have dream of his own--he only survived battlefield after battlefield by swinging his sword without a true aim in life, something he assumed Griffith wanted of him in order to become a true friend.

When he left the Hawks he slowly began to realize that the other members of the Band had a strong impression on him and were irreplacable in his heart and that maybe shoulnd't have left just to meet Griffiths standards of friendship (despite how strongly he felt about him), though he didn't return until he learned of what had happened to them since his departure

Once he returned It soon became apparent to him that Casca was a very important person in his life and learned that she felt the same way about him, but apparently he hasn't forgotten Griffith's words and decided that once the Hawks were rebuilt he would leave again to pursue a dream of experiencing life through his sword and honing his skills to the utmost.  It was only until after rescuing Griffith and settling down in camp to recouperate that he finally realizes that he can't leave the Hawks (especially Casca) and that that he needs them and they need him.

Guts really cared for Griffith, enough to abandon the Hawks to pursue his friendship through his own dream.  Yet Griffith didn't truely care for the Hawks as friends as Guts did, just pawns in his grand scheme (though arguably he may have had some compassion for Casca).  And this is what seemed to dissolved their relationship all but permanently, Since during the Eclipse, Guts got to witness what Griffith truely thought of the Hawks as they were all sacrificed in a frightful bloodbath, and Griffith brutally rape Casca as Guts was forced to watch helplessly (and the fact Guts himself was expected to die along with them).

And since then Guts has been haunted by his own dark emotions through his "Beast" to pay back Griffith the massacre of his former comrades and physical and mental scars he was left with.  After witnessing his rebirth into "human" form did he realize that this man was once his closest friend (as posted earlier), though the illusion was shattered during their meeting on the Hill of Swords and Griffith showed no remorse whatsoever for his actions and their meeting was just to prove to that Griffith had no more feelings toward Guts.  Also the realization that Griffith used the name "Band of the Hawk" for his new apostle army seemed like a mockery to the atrocities he had committed.

To me it becomes somewhat clear that Guts shows no love for Griffith currently.  He is no longer the the Griffith he once knew and cared for and is now his greatest enemy.  Casca is the closest person to him right now and it will most likely stay that way.  To Griffith it seems that Guts is no longer as influential to him (and his dream) as during his pervious years, and is now nothing more that a pebble in his path to supreme ambition.

Top Bottom