Will Guts ever be rid of the Beast?

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
Aazealh said:
Why would his other feelings be "fake" or illusionary? People aren't just all black or all white. When Guts feels a sense of belonging with his friends, there's no reason to doubt its truthfulness. It's not something you can force into existence. And so far, what little positive things Guts has in his life have sufficed to keep the Beast of Darkness at bay, even if barely. It recognized it and (for now) submitted itself. So no, I wouldn't say so.

Ok. Yes people are both good and evil, but for "true engine" I was meaning the will(or desires) that is stronger than other good feelings and that move something.
I have made the example of the Idea of Evil, that is created from the dark desires of man. Thus I was asking if his dark side is stronger than is good one.

For illusonary I was meaning if they are like the religion of Farnese..she had prayed and she convinced herself to be "close to God", when we know that it was a pretext to hurt people and so to unleash her dark desires.

To make a stupid example, if someone wants to lose weight and he doesn't eat sweets, he's suppressing his true desires to eat fatty things.

Anyway they are just doubts and though, I'm not sure I'm right.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Ok. Yes people are both good and evil, but for "true engine" I was meaning the will(or desires) that is stronger than other good feelings and that move something.

What is Guts doing right now? Is he on his way to kill Griffith or is he on his way to have Casca cured? Then you know what part is stronger.

Marik said:
For illusonary I was meaning if they are like the religion of Farnese..she had prayed and she convinced herself to be "close to God", when we know that it was a pretext to hurt people and so to unleash her dark desires.

That's really not a good analogy, and your explanation of why Farnese clung to her faith shows a deep misunderstanding of her character and motives.

Marik said:
To make a stupid example, if someone wants to lose weight and he doesn't eat sweets, he's suppressing his true desires to eat fatty things.

That means his desire to be slim is stronger than his desire to eat sweets. There's no true or false desires here.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
What is Guts doing right now? Is he on his way to kill Griffith or is he on his way to have Casca cured? Then you know what part is stronger.

That means his desire to be slim is stronger than his desire to eat sweets. There's no true or false desires here.

Ok.

Aazealh said:
That's really not a good analogy, and your explanation of why Farnese clung to her faith shows a deep misunderstanding of her character and motives.

Ok maybe it's not the best analogy, but I was referring to her sentence after Albion "my faith was impure"(and she thing to the Guts' breast). She say that sometimes gave vent to her desires.
So I wasn't considering of course the whole character of Farnese and their motives. But just that passage, where an action hides another one, apart from the motives.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
Ok maybe it's not the best analogy, but I was referring to her sentence after Albion "my faith was impure"(and she thing to the Guts' breast). She say that sometimes gave vent to her desires.
So I wasn't considering of course the whole character of Farnese and their motives. But just that passage, where an action hides another one, apart from the motives.

Yeah but that's still eclipsing the larger picture of her running from her fears that she mentions right above the panel in question (which is itself little more than a side note). The fact her faith wasn't sincere doesn't affect this point. And here's what this scene ends with:

Farnese-afraid.jpg

I rest my case. It's just not a good comparison here. Not at all.

Daijyashin

Aazealh said:
Yeah but that's still eclipsing the larger picture of her running from her fears that she mentions right above the panel in question (which is itself little more than a side note). The fact her faith wasn't sincere doesn't affect this point. And here's what this scene ends with:

Farnese-afraid.jpg

I rest my case. It's just not a good comparison here. Not at all.

Yes, that's right, but I doesn't put under discussion this point, I was just underlining the fact she had dark desires apart from this. She says sometimes, that doesn't implies she was a torture machine.
We know that regardless her attempt to be "close" to God, operating as inquisitor she doesn't get rid of her fears(so with the tower down she has to cover up again).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Marik said:
I was just underlining the fact she had dark desires apart from this

Which I believe is completely irrelevant to the point. It's anecdotal and doesn't parallel the relationship between Guts' feelings for his friends/lover and the Beast of Darkness within his mind at all.

Top Bottom