WIP Commisioned Headlong berserk armor kit.

grendelrt said:
Shouldnt of been a recast, came in a headlong bag with headlong instructions :/

Evidence #1: The DS should come in 3 parts. The one included is already assembled and then cast.
Evidence #2: All parts have double mold lines; one barely noticable (from the original cast) and one one more prominent from the recasting process.
Evidence #3: the instruction was a poor photo copy.

Trust me .. I've seen worse (let me hear you say "ZOOOOODD") and it'll be a walk in the park. :guts:

As for the pose; I am aware of which scene it derives from, but it still looks silly and stiff on its own and that was why I discussed a posible alteration with the commisioner (grendelrt).

And of course; thank you for your support :serpico:

Joa said:
Evidence #1: The DS should come in 3 parts. The one included is already assembled and then cast.
Evidence #2: All parts have double mold lines; one barely noticable (from the original cast) and one one more prominent from the recasting process.
Evidence #3: the instruction was a poor photo copy.

Trust me .. I've seen worse (let me hear you say "ZOOOOODD") and it'll be a walk in the park. :guts:

As for the pose; I am aware of which scene it derives from, but it still looks silly and stiff on its own and that was why I discussed a posible alteration with the commisioner (grendelrt).

And of course; thank you for your support  :serpico:

DOH! Oh well, if it was, I am sure you will make it perty ;) Just sucks, since I paid 90 bucks for it on Yahoo Japan.

Edit: Actually I was wrong I got this one from a private seller. I got the dynamic looking Zodd kit from YJ.

grendelrt said:
DOH! Oh well, if it was, I am sure you will make it perty ;) Just sucks, since I paid 90 bucks for it on Yahoo Japan.

Edit: Actually I was wrong I got this one from a private seller. I got the dynamic looking Zodd kit from YJ.

LOL :carcus:

And I really hope you'll let me sink my teeth into that one... :guts:

Joa said:
LOL  :carcus:

And I really hope you'll let me sink my teeth into that one... :guts:

Thats just about guaranteed considering your previous work :serpico: On a shitty related note, my Guts Horseriding statue came and has a crack the entire length of the cape :judo: :judo:

Grovel said:
That really is shitty.  :(
Is it very bad or not too noticeable?

Its pretty bad, when I first saw it, I thought i was a silver line across the cape. Then I realized it was a crack, when I try to push up on the cape from underneath it starts to close the gap. I am going to try and glue it, but I think the last peice holding it together will probably snap the more I push up on it. Its the first statue from AOW that has come broken, it really sucks it had to be this one (why not the guts with croc base instead :serpico:).

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Joa can turn a pile of garbage into a meal fit for kings. There should be no worry or doubt in anyones mind. I can vouch for him as he turned a horrid Zodd kit into a masterpiece (not that he needs any vouching). I do apologize, Derek, as Caska's new home would have to be on my shelf if she were to be sold :carcus:
But seriously, that is a wonderful kit and I love seeing it perched on your shelf Joa.

Man, I'm late with this project!
I hope my sincerest apologies are accepted by the commissioner... :judo:

Well, along with some other projects (like wedding planning) I'm back in the hobby room.

Today I finished sculpting in the shoulder joints:

shoulder_joints.JPG

C'mon, Joa, wedding plans??? That's no excuse. Berserk commissions are much more important. And you can tell Catta I said that! :zodd: Hehe, no seriously, congrats! :serpico:

Can't wait to see more!

Woo hoo its back on! Berserk > Weddings and new homes :serpico: Congrats on the wedding, just remember these words, "Whatever you want Dear" or the shortened version, "Yes Dear".

grendelrt said:
Woo hoo its back on! Berserk > Weddings and new homes :serpico: Congrats on the wedding, just remember these words, "Whatever you want Dear" or the shortened version, "Yes Dear".

LOL!!! :guts:
And thanks!

Some of you may have followed my current Evangelion build up over at GKJ.
I felt I just HAD TO do something for myself just to get into the *flow* again after the long absence from the hobby room, but now I'm back on track with Guts:

Made the basic layout for the placement on the base and pinned him securely for priming later today:

bas_layout.JPG

And here's a neat lil' turnaround of that:

base_turnaround.gif

More to come... rapidly :zodd:

Nice Joa, that 360 degree screen shot is cool too. I like the adjustments on the shoulders and body. For anyone who doesnt know what the original looks like, here is a pic from BerserkStatues of the original stance.

frontarmor.jpg
bas_layout.JPG

I have a Question.

As you can see in the DK paint up pic by J.Allred, the *suit* under the armour is painted gloss black.
I'd like to think of it as chain mail, but it isn't really sculpted that way.
Also, in the scans grendelrt sent me way back (see below), the cape is portrayed as rather living .. Should I treat it the same way as the suit parts?
Should I paint them (or it) flat black with brownish highlights or treat it more like a slimy entity..¿

Any and all inputs on this is highly appreciated.

-----------------
edit; added the scans in Q:

berserk_01.JPG
berserk_02.JPG

-----------------
edit; I also like Skink's re-paint of the kneeling AOW berserker statue VERY much, and I was thinking of going this way in the end: http://photo.xuite.net/skink/514435

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Joa said:
As you can see in the DK paint up pic by J.Allred, the *suit* under the armour is painted gloss black.

The outer part is some kind of black fabric. There might be chain mail under it, but if so it's not visible. The parts that cover the arms can be formed by some sort of liquid when the armor is activated. Anyway it's black.

Joa said:
Also, in the scans grendelrt sent me way back, the cape is portrayed as rather living

Might look so in a few panels because of the action, but it's just a normal cape. It's also black so I guess you could make it the same color than the rest. Not sure about brown highlights though, it's jet black in the manga. But I understand that doesn't make for a great paint job, so it's up to you.

Re: HELP NEEDED april 28th pg2 - WIP Commisioned Headlong berserk armor kit.

Yeah I would agree with Aaz as far as what is portrayed in the manga (who wouldn't :guts:). Although I understand that painting everything black wouldn't be the best idea. I would think staying with a dark/black theme would be the best but don't constrict yourself to only using black. I trust your eye for colors, just don't send over a purple and green Guts, cause then I would have no choice but to send the Berserk brigade after you :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos

I usually go for a deep blue when I'm coloring Gut's cape, but mostly because I like the color and it doesn't detract from whatever the subject matter is in the picture.

However in that scene Guts did just explode from the inside of an apostle. Perhaps some blood? (just thinking out loud)

CnC said:
I usually go for a deep blue when I'm coloring Guts cape, but mostly because I like the color and it doesn't detract from whatever the subject matter is in the picture.

However in that scene Guts did just explode from the inside of an apostle. Perhaps some blood? (just thinking out loud)

OH OH I EXPECT BLOOD!!! Good point!

grendelrt said:

The kit is primed pitch black and I am currently masking off the areas Not to be painted with metals (tedious and very boring = no pics).
As for bloody .. I will go along Skink's build up with blood dripping from within the armor rather than Gutts being drenched in it...

grendelrt said:

LOL, you sound like me before a Berserk commission too. Everything gets so exciting :guts:

Joa said:
The kit is primed pitch black and I am currently masking off the areas Not to be painted with metals (tedious and very boring = no pics).
As for bloody .. I will go along Skink's build up with blood dripping from within the armor rather than Guts being drenched in it...

Can't wait to see what you do with the blood Joa! Skink's is a great reference. Perhaps, when I get my next Berserker kit painted, I'll use his as a reference too. Or who knows, maybe yours. =)))

Surprise ....

Ok, so I had to dig about 5-6 pages back to find this thread.... :judo:

A huge apology to the commissioner this has taken so long, but I'll be able to ship in a week! :guts:

DSC06440_.JPG

Humbrol polished steel applied to the flat black figure, then polished:

I totally forgot to take pics during the painting process, but here is where I finished tonight:

Left to do; finish the flames + some weathering on the base and figure + fixing details I may have overlooked.

Disgusting!!!! Disgustingly AWESOME! I love how you painted him Joa. And those flames actually look pretty damn good. Never would have thought flames could look good painted!

I have a feeling you're going to be getting some more commission requests from the board members after you finish this one!

cucu4coco

Who dat?!
Honestly, I'm hating right now! :guts: I wish I had half of your skill. Then, I could build my own stuff instead of buying. An amazing job!!! :isidro:

Top Bottom