Wishes to Art of War - (Request for statues, what scenes, who to make, etc.)

Well, if they made statues devoted to the entire cast of Kushans (like make it an edition of just those characters), like Ganishka (in regular form, fog form and giant form), Silat and the Tapasa and Daiba smoking his trademark pipe. Make them separate statues too. Maybe include the scene where the Tapasa are fighting Rakshas. On the giant Ganishka statue, you could put some miniature versions of Femto, Zodd, Rakshas and Skull Knight on top of him and have Daiba floating around him, like in the manga. Nah, I guess that one would be too complex. Ahhh the possibilities. I think I just had a silly fanboy moment, excuse me.

Aazealh said:
At this point I just wish other companies would get the rights to produce Berserk merchandise, if only so we could have a wider range of products available.

In the toy and collectible world typically licenses are for 2-3 years. That makes for several renewals for AoW over the years. Either the Miura camp is happy with what they are doing or there is no interest from other companies.

More than anything I'd like for AoW to keep making statues and have another company make some high end action figures.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Henry Spencer said:
On the giant Ganishka statue, you could put some miniature versions of Femto, Zodd, Rakshas and Skull Knight on top of him and have Daiba floating around him, like in the manga. Nah, I guess that one would be too complex. Ahhh the possibilities. I think I just had a silly fanboy moment, excuse me.

Haha, can you even imagine a 1/10 scale giant Ganishka statue?

what happened to the hokuto no ken license? thought there was buzz that AoW was going to start making some statues few months ago...

i was love to have a high quality kenshiro statue... if the face is good...

sorry if this is off topic...

yesmilord

千年王国
wenjamin said:
what happened to the hokuto no ken license? thought there was buzz that AoW was going to start making some statues few months ago...

i was love to have a high quality kenshiro statue... if the face is good...

sorry if this is off topic...

They did release the Raoh helmet a few months ago (I think it was a few months ago anyway). I believe they're still doing the statues, and AoW said they'd announce them when they were ready.

yesmilord said:
They did release the Raoh helmet a few months ago (I think it was a few months ago anyway). I believe they're still doing the statues, and AoW said they'd announce them when they were ready.

I really wish they make a Rei or Mamiya statue. They were a really nice couple for that short period of time. :sad:

Aazealh said:
Just so it's clear: your "reasoning" is actually a baseless guess, right? The same kind of guesses people were already serving us 5 years ago. Sorry, I don't mean to slam you or anything, but this is just the same old stuff we've heard for years. And after all that time, we're still practically at the same point. Despite the fact the original Grunbeld statue in question sold out very quickly. And the fact fans have been continuously asking for more varied products. You talk of poor foresight, but foresight isn't even involved: it's an inability to capitalize on what's readily available. I don't pretend to know why AOW isn't releasing more varied products, but honestly, whatever the reason is, it's wrong.

Damn, I totally agree :daiba:

We are still waiting for Locus Horse Riding 1/10e !!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
In the toy and collectible world typically licenses are for 2-3 years. That makes for several renewals for AoW over the years. Either the Miura camp is happy with what they are doing or there is no interest from other companies.

I'm also wondering if there's a strong interest from the Hakusensha/Young Animal/Miura side of things. I don't get the feeling that they're actively looking into it.

Maiku said:
More than anything I'd like for AoW to keep making statues and have another company make some high end action figures.

Action figures, t-shirts, accessories or even more statues really. So much could be done when you think about it that the current situation is kind of dismaying.

Drakull said:
We are still waiting for Locus Horse Riding 1/10e !!

I'm not excited by the idea of that becoming a statue. More apostle true forms! I'd rather have Irvine's true apostle form. I thought he looked so cool in the recent episodes!

Aazealh said:
Action figures, t-shirts, accessories or even more statues really. So much could be done when you think about it that the current situation is kind of dismaying.

Ya anything would be nice. I keep looking for either posters or wall scrolls and have hardly any luck. The only two official posters I've ever seen were crappy in design and they were based off the anime. I was debating getting them but they just looked bad to me. I got the only wall scroll of Guts I've ever seen and its okay. I'd like Berserk art to hang on my wall or something. I know there's those Berserk prints but they are SO hard to come by and probably loads of money. :sad:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
ori said:
The only two official posters I've ever seen were crappy in design and they were based off the anime. I was debating getting them but they just looked bad to me. I got the only wall scroll of Guts I've ever seen and its okay. I'd like Berserk art to hang on my wall or something. I know there's those Berserk prints but they are SO hard to come by and probably loads of money. :sad:

There's been quite a few posters bundled up with Young Animal over the years... But yeah, you've got to buy the magazine regularly, and that isn't too easy when you don't live in Japan. Agreed that more of them should be produced. It'd be an easy source of money for them too.

Top Bottom