Wonder Festival 07 Kits

Here we go

20070812a16.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
ah, thanks maiku. Face is off, head seems too small. Why is the iron arm striking a pose? Since when can Guts move the fingers like that? :schierke:
And does the DS handle seem long?

Otherwise, looks good.

G

Genome

Hi Derek,

Nice item you won even if things doesn't fit like how I see Gutt's. Here he look more usual manga if I see what I mean :serpico:

The only thing that distirbe me a lot is the girdle the wear the knives, it's in the wrong shoulder and the angle of the knives is completly unlogic (how can he take them and How they don't fall). I know, I know, very logic mind :griff:

Genome said:
Hi Derek,

Nice item you won even if things doesn't fit like how I see Guts. Here he look more usual manga if I see what I mean :serpico:

Oh, actually I hadn't won the item when I posted the auction. But it just ended, and yes, I did win indeed. =P HAHA. Of course, I must have it!

DirectDK said:
Oh, actually I hadn't won the item when I posted the auction. But it just ended, and yes, I did win indeed. =P HAHA. Of course, I must have it!

Congratulations Derek!

I somehow had a feeling that it would end up with you. :guts:

Grovel said:
Congratulations Derek!

I somehow had a feeling that it would end up with you. :guts:

Heheh, indeed. :ganishka:

So I won another Guts kit last week. This one is the biggest Guts kit EVER. It must be something between 1/4 and 1/5 scale if the description is correct. But according to this auction, the sword itself is 36 cm long, and the height of the entire kit is 35 cm... Keep in mind, Gut's is CROUCHING in this sculpt!!! For comparison, the Grunbeld statue by AOW is 28 cm and the Zoddo Apostle I statue is 35 cm, and they are STANDING!!! That is ridiculous!!!

Anyways, as for the sculpt itself, I dig the pose, but some of the proportions seem slightly off. Anyways, I should get the kit in-hand early next month so I can really get a good look at it. Pretty cool though!

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w11133298

cio_maneki-img600x450-1187790564p1010002-0021.jpg

cio_maneki-img600x450-1187790584p1010003-0018.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Anyways, as for the sculpt itself, I dig the pose, but some of the proportions seem slightly off.

Yeah, the DS is pretty cleary off, and he's got a rather comical expression on his face. I guess that can always be fixed though. Anyway, congrats on getting the kit.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Legs too small for the torso.

left arm is wierd, too. Its not bandaged up and the fake arm seems to just come out of the stump.

Strange sculpt, but interesting.

CnC said:
Legs too small for the torso.

left arm is wierd, too. Its not bandaged up and the fake arm seems to just come out of the stump.

Strange sculpt, but interesting.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, the DS is pretty cleary off, and he's got a rather comical expression on his face. I guess that can always be fixed though. Anyway, congrats on getting the kit.

ShoMaxJP has just finished painting one of these up. From the pictures, this kit actually looks quite a bit better than what I expected. I don't know if ShoMaxJP added bandages to Gut's left arm but that's definitely a good idea if it wasn't included with the kit. I would probably do the same. And the size comparison to AOW's Black Swordsman is ridiculous!

Check it out: http://berserk.xxxxxxxx.jp/work%20saezuri%20guts.html
guts%20015_s.jpg

For those that don't know of this site, it's actually a real cool site to look through. His photograph skills are way better than mine, and he's a damn good painter! I've been in several bid wars with him on YJ, hahah. Anyways, I think my favorite part about his painting style is the way he does armor and blood. Very talented guy indeed!

CnC

Ad Oculos
DirectDK said:
ShoMaxJP has just finished painting one of these up. From the pictures, this kit actually looks quite a bit better than what I expected. I don't know if ShoMaxJP added bandages to Guts left arm but that's definitely a good idea if it wasn't included with the kit. I would probably do the same. And the size comparison to AOW's Black Swordsman is ridiculous!

Yea those pics do make the sculpt look better. Still got some issues but man it's huge! :)
Hope you get as good a paintjob for yours

DirectDK said:
ShoMaxJP has just finished painting one of these up. From the pictures, this kit actually looks quite a bit better than what I expected.

He is selling it already!

LINK

Starting price is 18,000Yen, not bad when the kit alone went for about 15,000Yen.

Top Bottom