Worst Anime you ever Bought and why

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
HawaiianStallion said:
Wow lots of hate for Hellsing around here. Hell I thought Hellsing was one of the best animes I've seen in years and light years ahead of the generic bore(gore)fest joke that is the manga.

I'm glad its different from the manga. I mean wow, people dont like Incognito but he was by far a better villian than half the jokes thrown at Alucard and Hellsing in the manga. I mean the guy who uses playing cards as weapons? Or the chick with the huge rifle that carries around the child's toy? and that's not even getting on the tiny fat annoying guy and the strange werewolf making jokes about Alucard putting a gun in his mouth. Ugh gods, I dont like the manga.

As to the anime itself. Hell I think its one of those kick in pants that most anime needs. It drops most of the super cliche stereotypical crap like the sweat drops on the forehead when embaressed or falling over suddenly when something wacky happens. Ugh its serious and for that I would have enjoyed it, but the fact that the anime was pretty consistent in all area's except animation is what made me enjoy it so much. Not to mention Alucard was one of the more bad ass characters I've seen, they didnt puss out and make him have feelings or have a change of heart. He was an invincible vampire who did what he needed to get the job done, if with a little extra flare.

Yeah, the anime is much better than the manga, even though I didn't enjoy it all that much. And Bastard rocks.

I haven't bought it, but I've spent a number of hours watching Full Metal Alchemist... At first I thought it was going to be like Trigun -- Lots of filler at the beginning, but eventually it gets better. Well, I watched over twenty episodes of Full Metal Alchemist and it didn't get any better. A main character who may as well be a villain, childish humor, adult themes clashing against the most immature main characters ever. Cartoonish villains who are all exactly the same. Extraordinarily obvious plot development, usually with heavy-handed foreshadowing. The constant skull-crushing repetition of the story's one "hook." The constant dim-witted moralizing. The shameless appropriation and misrepresentation of alchemy for a sub-standard piece of anime trash.

I want those hours of my life back.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
The hands down worst movie I've ever seen is Lady Death. It's not really anime, but it gets markted as such. Poor animation, pointless story, no substence, and not evn a ingle good fight scene. Hell, I'd sooner watch He-man.

As for Hellsing, I have to agree it beats the manga over the head with the flat side of a a dragon slayer. The anime was still not what I call great, but it wasn't the worst either.

I'm surprized nobody's added DBZ to the list yet. It wasn't so bad in the beginning, but the writer quickly gets into the habit of having the characters fight the 'most powerful being in the universe,' despite the fact that they defeated an individual with the same title 20 episodes ago. Then there are the GT episodes, which I had the displeasure of viewing on adult swim. All the enemies should march around with gay pride patches on their clothes, because nobody who wears pink and neon green can be straight. There's also all the grunting and talk bout power levels, but tht has been disected to its fullest already.

Vaxillus said:
The hands down worst movie I've ever seen is Lady Death.  It's not really anime, but it gets markted as such.  Poor animation, pointless story, no substence, and not evn a ingle good fight scene.  Hell, I'd sooner watch He-man.

Wanna talk bad non-anime, how about Teen Titans? It almost makes Superfriends look like JLU. Granted, Ron Perlman does an awesome voice for Slade Wilson (made me a Deathstroke fan! :D)

Vaxillus

Alucalb said:
Wanna talk bad non-anime, how about Teen Titans? It almost makes Superfriends look like JLU. Granted, Ron Perlman does an awesome voice for Slade Wilson (made me a Deathstroke fan! :D)
Trust me, Teen Titans is better.

Lady Death is freaking horrible. One of my friends was showing that to me because it was "awesome" and Lady Death was "hot." I don't even know how I managed to stand more than 5 minutes of it.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Personally, the worst anime I've ever purchased would have to be Sorcerer Hunters...the first volume was kinda funny but when I reached the ending (which had a lot of promise due to building up the main villain throughout the series) I was more pissed-off with it than any anime I had previously purchased. :miura: The entire series is the same fucking thing over and over. I've read a little of the manga and the storylines in it are a lot more interesting than the TV show's episodes. Anyway, that'll teach me to buy a series before at least renting it first. :SK:

S

Sanguinius

Hard to say there are a couple of candidates in mind but I think I'll have to go with Landlock I won't get into the details to much knowledge of it could cause you to die in extreme discomfort.

Vaxillus

Rhombaad said:
Personally, the worst anime I've ever purchased would have to be Sorcerer Hunters...the first volume was kinda funny but when I reached the ending (which had a lot of promise due to building up the main villain throughout the series) I was more pissed-off with it than any anime I had previously purchased. :miura:  The entire series is the same fucking thing over and over.  I've read a little of the manga and the storylines in it are a lot more interesting than the TV show's episodes.  Anyway, that'll teach me to buy a series before at least renting it first. :SK:
I've made a habbit of avoiding anime/manga with a swords and sorcery mideval setting. Most of it is total trash, though there are a few hidden gems.

Vaxillus said:
I'm surprized nobody's added DBZ to the list yet.  It wasn't so bad in the beginning, but the writer quickly gets into the habit of having the characters fight the 'most powerful being in the universe,' despite the fact that they defeated an individual with the same title 20 episodes ago.  Then there are the GT episodes, which I had the displeasure of viewing on adult swim.  All the enemies should march around with gay pride patches on their clothes, because nobody who wears pink and neon green can be straight.  There's also all the grunting and talk bout power levels, but tht has been disected to its fullest already.
Akira Toriyama had nothing to do with GT(he wasn`t ALLOWED to help create it :chomp:), so I`m not surprised it sucked.

Top Bottom