Sigur Ros blah blah

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I can take Sigur Ros.
Their music is happy or depressing upon your perspective.
So many of their songs can be read as loss, or hope.
It's all pretentious bullshit though, but I love them all the same.

http://www.sigur-ros.com

BOB

poruno sutâ
i kinda liked Agætis Byrjun but the new one doesn't kick me anymore. Same with godspeed you black emperor. seems these bands somehow fired off all their ammo. So nowadays when listening to these quiet bands i rather take woven hand or elliot smith thus being more songwriter like they manage to put me in that certain mood that sigur ros did 2 yrs ago

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
BOB said:
i kinda liked Agætis Byrjun but the new one doesn't kick me anymore. Same with godspeed you black emperor. seems these bands somehow fired off all their ammo. So nowadays when listening to these quiet bands i rather take woven hand or elliot smith thus being more songwriter like they manage to put me in that certain mood that sigur ros did 2 yrs ago
I think the newest album is their best. Agætis Byrjun was much less consistent, and Von was just... well... a tad convoluted. The ( ) album has a very distinct flow to it. It even has a climactic ending!

The13thScroll

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Sigur Ros, eh, they're all right. If they hadn't become the critics darlings, especially for Rolling Stone, I'm sure not many of us would even know about them. I dig some of their songs off of the new album (), but I gotta say, that just like their first album, they gotta rid of all the Wally the Whale solos, it gets old real fast for me. Playing the guitar w/ a bow is old news to me, hell, Jimmy Page was doin it 30 years ago ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The13thScroll said:
The13thScroll said:
Sigur Ros, eh, they're all right. If they hadn't become the critics darlings, especially for Rolling Stone, I'm sure not many of us would even know about them.
I actually found out about them when napster first started up, 3 years ago.
I dig some of their songs off of the new album (), but I gotta say, that just like their first album, they gotta rid of all the Wally the Whale solos, it gets old real fast for me. Playing the guitar w/ a bow is old news to me, hell, Jimmy Page was doin it 30 years ago ;)
Everyone is complaining about "playing the guitar w/ a bow is old" but what is unique isnt the technique, but the overall sound produced... Accompanied with vocals, piano and bass, it all comes off as very much a different sound than when Jimmy Page played.

BOB

poruno sutâ
the new record is good, no doubts but there's not as much progress as i hoped.
when you look for example at dc bands like Fugazi or dismemberment plan there's much more of development throughout their albums, constant change and sigur ros is also some kind of experimental music to me so they should keep it changing.
i admit that its hard to create that

:eek: :eek: :eek:
feeling of their Agætis album but as i say i expected a little more.
(not mosh parts)

Top Bottom