Old Japanese theory on Void's birth

I wanted to bring this theory back into discussion. I wanted an updated professional opinion of the admins on it, knowing what we know today. Olivier felt it was worth reexamining it about a year after presenting it. I was wondering if most feel it's still an obstructed theory.

Olivier Hague said:
An Occultation occurred at the Tower of Retribution a thousand years ago. That was Void's "birth".
Two years later, another "artificial" Occultation was to be triggered by a man. That's how the Skull Knight was eventually created.

Gaiseric wasn't in the Tower of Retribution.
The screams of the wiseman who was kept in the torture room of the tower gave birth to the God of the Abyss (the Idea of Evil) who was still "chaotic" (bad English? :-/ ) and wasn't "shaped" yet before that. The God of the Abyss answered to the screams by initiating the Occultation.

Gaiseric, in his capital of Midland, heard about that phenomenon, and wanted to become a "god" himself by triggering an Occultation and sacrificing his people.
Void saw that and, with the help of "Apostles" he created, destroyed Midland to punish him. The frontier between our world and Void's wasn't clearly established yet, back then (Olivier: that's got to be the worst part of the whole thing :( ).

Gaiseric was badly wounded, but survived. As he was dying, he was saved by Elves, whose existence was still legendary at that time.
But because of what happened to him, he was too weak to fight anymore, he couldn't even wield a sword. The leader of the Elves saw that Gaiseric felt guilty for his sins, so he (she?) told him about the Elves' origins and explained him that he could expiate by being "revived" by them into a Skull Knight to destroy Void, the monster he created.

The Crimson Beherit was created by the God of the Abyss from Void's crystallized tear of blood.

The Elves are the materialization of feelings, just as the God of the Abyss is. They're just the "opposite" of the Idea of Evil. They were created by men and symbolize their hopes and positive thoughts.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's plausible, and Olivier didn't think much of it either. It has several problems, and there's zero credibility in the poster, as Olivier said ("some anonymous guy posted what he claimed to be the whole truth about what happened 1000 years ago").

Many fake theories are posted on 2ch, which I believe is where Olivier got this back in the day. Some of the theories contain a grain of truth so that they'll seem more real. It's the same thing that made Aolsier seem believable to many. And that's all there really is to this old thing.

Anyway, one thing that I always thought was funny is that Olivier picked on the separation of worlds, which is a concept that was later expounded upon by 2003 (in vol 24). However, that doesn't mean this poster had some secret foreknowledge. SK had discussed the border between worlds before, since vol 14. This guy just took that notion and ran with it in order to sound more credible.

The theory in itself doesn't even make much sense if you break it down:
-An Occultation is created that births Void as a God Hand.
-Gaiseric wanted that kind of power, so sacrifices his people (really? the Skull Knight sacrifices his people for some vague power? Right...).
-Void hears about this and wants to punish him (what? why? Did Ubik and Conrad want to punish Griffith?).
-He creates an apostle army and destroys Gaiseric's kingdom.

Most of the rest of the post is nonsense, or simply uncomfirmable stuff. How are the elves, little dudes with wings, anything like the Idea of Evil, the dark side of man's collective consciousness? It's a common notion to think of, but I just don't think it's that simple in reality.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
I wanted to bring this theory back into discussion. I wanted an updated professional opinion of the admins on it, knowing what we know today.

There's nothing particularly remarkable about it. It takes facts laid out in plain sight in the manga and tries to roll them into one big package that could explain what happened when Gaiseric's capital city fell, using what the author thought was plausible speculation at the time to solidify the edifice.

The Crimson Beherit was created by the God of the Abyss from Void's crystallized tear of blood.

Yeah, frankly this is pretty far out there. I just wanted a professional reanalysis of the whole theory. Thank ya!

However, thank you for bringing my attention to Aoliser. Now, I have even more to speculate about. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Death May Die said:
However, thank you for bringing my attention to Aoliser. Now, I have even more to speculate about. :guts:

Please tell me you understand that "Aolsier" is a joke.

Wow. Sk.Net just...keeps on giving. :serpico:

Someone put me out of my misery. I really liked reading about the theories of him too! :puck: Walter, I guess I should thank you. Your 2007 master plan extended my April fools by 5 days. Who the hell am I kidding, I living april fools every day at this rate! Soon, I just won't know whats real and whats not. You guys are like the "The Philosophers" from Metal Gear Solid. Controlling the stream of available information. :mozgus:

Kudos! Lately there hasn't been a dull moment. :serpico:

Top Bottom