Meow~ (uhhmm Hi)

Hello there ^_^

I lurked the board for about a few seconds before realizing that I had to Register, and voila, I'm here thanks to the granted admission of the Moderators.

I guess I'm your usual bloke who digs music, anime, manga, movies, some games here and there (though not a lot to be honest, more old school games on NES, SNES, the works). I grew up listening to a lot of Brit Classic Rock, and it sort of progressed to Death/ Black/ Doom/ Viking/ Grind within metal. I goof around on the guitar from time to time, but whatever *has no talent hahaha* >_>'. When it comes to anime or manga, I'm extremely picky and am drawn to depressing series somehow *that's because you're singlesinglesingle, duh, no-brainer*. I came to the US about 3 and a half years ago, and so far so good. NYC is expensive, and I have no savings, but it's something I plan to work on *dicey ...* ... *checks credit card statement in disgust* uhhmm yeah. I work at a law firm here specializing in US Immigration, and want to study a little further than the MBA I have.

Uhhmmm what else what else ... *taps fingers* oh yeah, speaking of Berserk, this being a Berserk forum and all ... I watched the series about 5-6 years ago, and loved it. The whole 'betrayal' between Grif and Guts drew me in to the story a lot more. I then looked for the manga, and began picking them up one by one, slowly, I couldn't afford the shipping, and there'd always be theft with packages in general, like I had to order my set of volumes 9, 10, 11 again because it never got to me! I'm upto to 30 now, and will check if anything more than that is available.

I keep up with One Piece, Claymore, Drifters, Hajime No Ippo, Hunter X Hunter, and a few other series on frequent basis.

Otakon happened for me about 2 years ago for the first time, and in 2 weeks it'll be my 3rd outing there. My friends kid around by calling me pRon (which sounds close to my name) cos I'm their walking-talking guru when it comes to H stuff X'D. Oh well : p ... that's a bit about me.

Lost Children

A philosopher's road, a river of glory.
old but gotta say nice for being in the us for only 3 yrs and already working at a law firm. Only reason i opened this is i thought it would have some sort of cat somewhere..

Lost Children said:
old but gotta say nice for being in the us for only 3 yrs and already working at a law firm. Only reason i opened this is i thought it would have some sort of cat somewhere..

Only reason I opened this is cause I saw a Necropost. Though I was expecting something cat like as well.

IncantatioN said:
When it comes to anime or manga, I'm extremely picky and am drawn to depressing series somehow

Try Shin Angyo Onshi. It's depressing, tragic, epic, awesome, and sometimes brutal. All rolled into one Manhwa. :slan:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Ramen4never said:
Take the following quotes, add em up, and you should realize that it's an introduction. (from months ago=classic):slan:

Then multiply that by a few facebookish paragraphs ("I like long walks on the beach..."), minus all the introduction threads that we already have here, add a homosexual inquiry, then slap on a random thread title that doesn't deliver and what do you get? My post.

And now Turkitage is teasing me :???:

turkitage

ターク
Oburi said:
Then multiply that by a few facebookish paragraphs ("I like long walks on the beach..."), minus all the introduction threads that we already have here, add some comment about how there aren't enough lawyers working in the U.S., as well as a homosexual inquiry, then slap on a random thread title that doesn't deliver and what do you get? My post.

And now Turkitage is teasing me :???:

tehe. Honestly, like the rest of the guys I clicked on this cause I thought it had something to do with cats!

But Incantation I'm very similar to you other then the whole law firm thing. I like black/death metal. Play guitar. Love the depressing series and keep up with claymore!

Oburi said:
Then multiply that by a few facebookish paragraphs ("I like long walks on the beach..."), minus all the introduction threads that we already have here, add a homosexual inquiry, then slap on a random thread title that doesn't deliver and what do you get? My post.
Love your analysis, and I fail to find a homosexual inquiry in my introduction post unless I missed the satire in your post. I just found out you posted a question in your first thread - http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=6754.msg123116#msg123116 ... and wouldn't call it homosexual. I thought I saw other introductory threads on here, and hence the post. To quote you, "once again I'm new so...be gentle".

Ramen4ever said:
Try Shin Angyo Onshi. It's depressing, tragic, epic, awesome, and sometimes brutal. All rolled into one Manhwa. :slan:
I watched the movie recently after I think you mentioning it in the Anime Movies thread, but I haven't read the manga for it. I'm guessing the manga > movie?

Turkitage said:
But Incantation I'm very similar to you other then the whole law firm thing. I like black/death metal. Play guitar. Love the depressing series and keep up with claymore!
Ahh cool beans Turkitage ^_^ ... looking forward to some cool discussions on Metal, Claymore and more.

Oburi

All praise Grail
IncantatioN said:
Love your analysis, and I fail to find a homosexual inquiry in my introduction post unless I missed the satire in your post.

No the homosexual thing was what MrWeatherby asked you, 4th post down. And what is wrong with my first post? I think it was pretty decent. :carcus:

IncantatioN said:
I watched the movie recently after I think you mentioning it in the Anime Movies thread, but I haven't read the manga for it. I'm guessing the manga > movie?

Saying "yes, the Manhwa is better!" is such an understatement that it makes me wanna rip my hair out.
did I really mention the Movie in the Anime Movie thread?? :schnoz:
I though I was pretty careful to only recommend the Manhwa. :???:

If you suffered through that p.o.s of a movie because of a recommendation from me, than I'm truly sorry. :farnese:
Try the Manhwa, it's good. The movie loosely covers one of the side arcs from one of the early volumes of the Manhwa.. plus a bunch of random stuff that was added, or taken from later volumes. I would only ever advise people to avoid that movie completely, even if they like SAO. Because it's laughable at best.

Aaaahhh cool (beans *lol*) Oburi, cos it seemed like you were talking about the 'thread' because you said 'thread' instead of post and such.

Yeah Ramen, my bad. I must've read it in the Manga thread and when I hopped online to find it I found the movie and got lazy or my memory's shot. Thanks for the recco, I'll check it out soon.

Top Bottom