Oburi
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just watched the new Borat movie. That Rudy Giuliani scene ... yeesh.
    Watching old samurai movies. Lone Wolf and Cub on bluray is amazing. Now for Kurosawa
    Reactions: IncantatioN
    Oburi
    Oburi
    i will. thank you. Just watched the first in the Samurai trilogy about Musashi. It exceeded my expectations, which weren't very high based on some of the things i'd read. But I thought it was really great. I also watched some perhaps lesser known films, Goyokin and Incident at Blood Pass (starring Mifune AND Shintaru Katsu). Both very good
    IncantatioN
    IncantatioN
    The Samurai Trilogy is a lot of fun. Just great, such a classic. Glad you're having fun with this. Not old school - Twilight Samurai - I think this came out in the 2000's or late 1990's and I remember it for some really good conversations between characters and heartbreaking moments.
    Reactions: Oburi
    Walter
    Walter
    After Kurosawa, make sure to check out Ame Agaru. It came out several years after his death, but it was his final script, and one of the lead actors is Toshiro Mifune's son, so it's sort of a strange, cool, legacy project.
    Anyone else out of work because of the Cororna Virus?
    jackson_hurley
    jackson_hurley
    I work in a rehab center so since we're part of the health system, we are still open.
    underpileofdeadbodies
    underpileofdeadbodies
    I work for the railroad. We've been handed essential papers to show the police if there is a local stay at home order. Been slow, but its nice knowing we can't be shut down and employment is safe.
    Oburi
    Oburi
    I've been furloughed, which essentially means I still have my job and benefits, but I'm no longer getting paid for not working. Luckily I can collect unemployment which, along with the stimulus and my income taxes which just came in means I should be ok for a while.
    Reactions: Aazealh
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom