Berserk goes Kenshin

P

psymont

This is all starting to remind me of the Shishio chapters .... now griffith has a crew(like Shishio did) .... and ya know that guts is gonna have to peel through each one of them before getting to the big cheese .... i am sure that serpico and isidro are going to take a few on as well though .... serpico reminds me a little of seito(the law official who goes from side to side) .... look at the eyes for godhands sake! .... isidro is alot like yahiko(thieving type who looks up to the protagonist and yearns for his skill) .... i am sure i am not the only one who has made this corelation, but i thought i would mention it ....

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Blade of the Immortal also has that theme. Manji will basically have to go through the rest of the Itto-Ryu (and soon the shoguns) to get to Anotsu.

P

psymont

i havent read BOTI .... i want though .... book stores near my house have only a few of the volumes and they are like $15 each .... how many are there anyway? .... somebody told me there was 40 volumes .... is that true?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
kimchan said:
Blade of the Immortal also has that theme. Manji will basically have to go through the rest of the Itto-Ryu (and soon the shoguns) to get to Anotsu.
Yeah but he's only doing that so he can die eventually, besides, Manji is being paid for it! Kenshin did it because he was a goodie-two-shoes, who unfortunately didn't die.

Guts is very different from both of them, but yeah, there are some similarities.

P

psymont

Gutzs said:
kimchan said:
Yeah but he's only doing that so he can die eventually, besides, Manji is being paid for it! Kenshin did it because he was a goodie-two-shoes, who unfortunately didn't die.

Guts is very different from both of them, but yeah, there are some similarities.

I have a different opinion or information on the above subjects.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Not necessarily Kenshin. These are common themes in manga.
Indeed, it's a common theme of storytelling in general.

-Griffith

P.S. Psymont, I edited your post for the sake of people that maybe haven't seen or more specifically those in the middle of Kenshin. Hope you don't mind.

P

psymont

Griffith said:
Walter said:
Not necessarily Kenshin. These are common themes in manga.
Indeed, it's a common theme of storytelling in general.

-Griffith

P.S. Psymont, I edited your post for the sake of people that maybe haven't seen or more specifically those in the middle of Kenshin. Hope you don't mind.

oh okay .... i was really confused for a moment there .... phew

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont, is your stance:

Good guy must go through bad guys to win... ?

If so, have you seen any action movies ?

P

psymont

no .... my traditional stance is: good guy must make peace with his inner demons and forget all about the hell that the bad guy has put him through .... be the better guy so to speak .... turn the other cheek ....

but seriously .... the good guy who nips the bad guy in the bud isnt nearly as much fun .... also the : good guy sticks himself in the cogs and gears of the bad guys plan is also another of my favorite takes on good vs. evil

Top Bottom