[April Fools] Episode 319

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Turkitage said:
Though, looking back.... This thread was created on April 02, 2011, 01:45:29 AM and posted by some xronex(sp?) person, who had like 3 old old posts (yeah I checked) with some pictures. But we already had an Episode 319 thread that was created on March 22, 2011, 05:02:33 PM. So we had two threads on the same eps.. now why wasn't the thread merged or dealt with immediately?? The admins would have surely done that in a heartbeat normally. I didn't pay attention much at the time as I wanted to stay clear from this site as much as possible this time until the weekend was over but I assume there were two threads at the same time about the same eps 319. And if that WERE true, no one noticed that was fishy?? On top of that, we got the same thing last year.. or the year before where a random (dead) account posted the april fools exactly like it was done now and that said account never posted any follow up comments, which.. if you're gonna share something like that most people would reply back a few times on their own thread.
There was only one thread, the fake spoilers were posted in the 319 thread that was already up, and I had the same thoughts then about the person who posted it... but the same thing happened with the Berserk anime confirmation, which ended up being true, their old posts were about YA releases so it seemed like they had a bit of knowledge, and we do sometimes have random people make the spoiler post. Now, if Aaz went and made a fake account and injected posts/changed posts around to make them seem more reliable? Fucking mastermind.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Turki, I think a lot of us were skeptical at first, especially given the timing and the user having little to no history on the forum. But for me personally, seeing Conrad sealed the deal on it being legit.

And yeah, Dark explained the thread stuff. It was all one thread, 319. Later it was split to accommodate the reveal.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Turkitage said:
... you wouldn't dare..... :judo:

Will depend whether or not you're appropriately servile in my presence. :femto:

Turkitage said:
Though, looking back.... This thread was created on April 02, 2011, 01:45:29 AM and posted by some xronex(sp?) person, who had like 3 old old posts (yeah I checked) with some pictures. But we already had an Episode 319 thread that was created on March 22, 2011, 05:02:33 PM. So we had two threads on the same eps.. now why wasn't the thread merged or dealt with immediately??

Actually it was created on April 01, 2011, 11:45:29 PM of the default forum time. A time that wasn't all that suspicious given that the episode is coming out this week, and that the real preview was posted a few days later. As for the member whose account was used, he's a regular lurker. It's consistent with the kind of people who will sometimes post information when they come across it, and I made sure that nothing linked me to it in case Walter or Griffith cared to scrutinize the account. Also, like Darklink pointed out, there was only one thread originally, I split it when I revealed the joke.

Turkitage said:
On top of that, we got the same thing last year.. or the year before where a random (dead) account posted the april fools exactly like it was done now and that said account never posted any follow up comments, which.. if you're gonna share something like that most people would reply back a few times on their own thread.

If you're referring to the PSP prank, the account wasn't dead at all, it had a decent amount of posts dating back from a few years up to recently, and the poster did reply in the thread a few times. So you've got it all wrong basically. And you can add to that the fact that the picture itself came from a Japanese blog that had 6 months of regular activity consistent with the PSP preview that was posted, a blog I'd made just for the occasion. And there are more subtleties to it that I won't go about in detail here.

Dar Klink said:
Now, if Aaz went and made a fake account and injected posts/changed posts around to make them seem more reliable? Fucking mastermind.

Well I'm not going to do that every year! :iva:

Top Bottom