New Hirasawa Album, or What happened to all the Hirasawa on P2p proggies?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Anyway, hirasawa's last two solo ablums (I don't listen to his P-model stuff) weren't very good.

Solar Ray, his "recycling album", was aptly named. It sounded as if I had taken a sampler CD containing some of his better songs, crumpled it up (you know, as if I were going to toss it into a recylcing bin), and then placed it into my CD player. Hearing the techno dance remix of forces was bad enough, but many of the other songs were completetly identical to their older counterparts, but with bizarre screeching/wailing/electronic noises dubbed over them. The first time I heard it I thought someone had meticulously crafted the first cybernetic cat, and then proceeded to put it in a blender.

The next album I think he did was Millienium Actress (sennen jyou)? I have no clue what it translates to honestly. Anyway, this one wasn't bad, but it was all bgm type stuff - no lyrics, very mild and ambient, And it sounded like mostly remixes of some of his older stuff. I think it was the soundtrack to an anime or something.

Anyway, he released a new album just recently "Blue Limbo". He's offering one full track on his website (ride the blue limbo), which isn't that great, but also one sample track (hoshi-shiru-mp3 version). The full version of the latter you have to "buy" on his site.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm just not willing to pay for an mp3. So I figured I'd crack open edonkey, the only p2p thingy I really have used in the last couple years, and do a search. I came up with nothing. Actually, I only found 14 matches for him total. Most were just differently named versions of forces.

I remember back when napster was around, literally all his stuff was on it. I got pretty much all of his solo stuff. They even had the mp3 version of Philosapher's propeller (I wasn't able to get all of those before napster went dead though). So, What happened all those people sharing his stuff? Are there any Japanese P2p proggies?

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Oh yeah, in the midst of my long-windedness, I forgot to mention that the sample "hoshi-shiru" is badass. Oh well, it's not like any of you needed to hear the most important part of what I had to say.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I bought his P-Model stuff online. Sure it sucked ass, but I was happy to help him out. Maybe I'll jump on this thing too. If I do get them, I'll be happy to share with a few true Susumu fans.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Walter said:
I bought his P-Model stuff online. Sure it sucked ass, but I was happy to help him out. Maybe I'll jump on this thing too. If I do get them, I'll be happy to share with a few true Susumu fans.

I just can't see it being worth it. $24.00 for the mp3 versions of Philosapher's propeller, and $3.40 for a single track from Blue Limbo.

That $24 is about what I'd pay for a full CD, complete with fancy pants packaging showing Hirasawa Susumu in some ridiculous pose, and what not. If the prices were a little more reasonable, like, $.50 per mp3, I might actually consider it. Hell, I could see myself paying $3 if it were a completly original song, but $2.40/$3.50 for a single REMIX, I dunno. Unless it came with an autographed picture of Hirasawa in a wizard costume or something, count me out.....

....of course, if you want to spend your money on such things, and share it, I'll be your bestest friend*.

*well, not really, but I'll suck up for a week or two.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Walter said:

I am a true Hirasawa for what he did by creating the berserk Soundtrack. I listened to a few other pieces of his work, but it really doesn't impress me very much - strangely...

If someone happens to hear a piece that's somehow similar to the berserk OST, tell me... I'll be glad to buy it... or copy it if you let me wally. ^^;

-TS

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I've listened to the samples that were/are on his site and i liked it very much, but i cant find the full versions anywhere :(

BOB

poruno sutâ
mhhh his work is so damn unconstant :-\

if i take an electronical band like kraftwerk i sure know what i get though they were/are purely experimental.

susumu on the other hand can't really decide whether to be kraftwerk or donna summer which is sad because some of his songs are great like the berserk stuff and i still looove that ruktun or die thingy ;D

last thing i got was that propeller vid. was that on one of his last three albums (as he releases on such a regular basis other people take a shite)

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Re:Susumu Hirasawa "against the carnage"

Thanks, I completely agree with him.

Top Bottom