Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler Japanese Blu-ray - IN HAND!

Yuppers! My order from CD Japan just shipped!!! 1-4 days, fedex!!! Can't wait!!!!! :serpico: :guts: :carcus: :slan: :casca: :iva: :farnese: :isidro: :schierke:

Bluray: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPXV-71219
DVD: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VPBV-13694

*Bluray has a "First Addition Limited Pressing" which comes with Guts/Griffith Ball point pens, bonus CD, and an exclusive slip case cover with original art by Miura!

UPDATE, GOT IT! Pics below!

Some deets...
- Yes, the bluray disc works in a US PS3 (and all others that share the same region). Unsure if it is 100% region free though.
- There are 4 audio tracks (all Japanese) and 1 subtitle track (Japanese subs).
- There are 2 special features. One is just all the voice actor clips on their youtube channel. The other is a 3:40 second montage of Movie 2!!! It's pretty much all Doldrey fight scenes. The CG looks excellent in these clips!
- The booklet comes with a whole bunch of images/sketches/production shots. I took a few pictures just to give you an idea.
- The slipcase is definitely a nice touch and a MUCH better cover to the movie than the original cover.
- The soundtrack inside is just 3 tracks, and two of them are really just excerpts/highlights from the official soundtrack. Only one of them is interesting and it's an acoustic guitar take on some of the songs.
- The pens are pens.

P1070446_720.jpg

P1070449_720.jpg

P1070454_720.jpg

P1070451_720.jpg

P1070455_720.jpg

P1070456_720.jpg

P1070457_720.jpg

P1070458_720.jpg

P1070459_720.jpg

P1070460_720.jpg

P1070466_720.jpg

P1070470_720.jpg

Re: Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler Japanese Blu-ray - SHIPPED!

Mine too :slan: ... can't wait to see the jacket~drawing in the flesh!

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Re: Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler Japanese Blu-ray - SHIPPED!

Mine should be delivered Tuesday according to the tracking.

Gobolatula said:

Oh, I just checked my tracking and it says Tuesday as well!!! Can't believe this is FINALLLLY HAPPENING.

Mine is on the way as well, but I don't seem to have as detailed tracking as you guys, possibly because the system in the UK is rubbish. Either way, I'm very excited, I hope it gets here before the weekend. :ubik:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Gobolatula said:

Same here!

It'll be delivered to me and I'm assuming DirectDK too around mid-day.

Gonna take the day off, DirectDK? DO IT :femto:

turkitage

ターク

I didn't know this was available to purchase yet - awesome! Derek Can you link in the original post where you bought it from? Or anymore info.

I saw cdjapan and play-asia, was just curious where people are purchasing this from. It looks like it's just Japanese audio and no subtitles (since it is a Japan version after all).

Turkitage said:
I didn't know this was available to purchase yet - awesome! Derek Can you link in the original post where you bought it from? Or anymore info.

I saw cdjapan and play-asia, was just curious where people are purchasing this from. It looks like it's just Japanese audio and no subtitles (since it is a Japan version after all).

Hey yo! Okay, updated my post. I bought it from CD Japan. The first pressing comes with some bonuses, and according to CDJapan's website, there are only 11 first press editions left.

And no, there won't be any subtitles, but no matter!

RaffoBaffo

Ex-Newser of the late Berserk Chronicles

Mine too :guts:

turkitage

ターク

DirectDK said:
Hey yo! Okay, updated my post. I bought it from CD Japan. The first pressing comes with some bonuses, and according to CDJapan's website, there are only 11 first press editions left.

And no, there won't be any subtitles, but no matter!

Yay! Thank you! I appreciate it. Darn, I know if I buy this I'm going to want to get the subtitles eventually as well. Ahh, the choices. :mozgus:

Can't wait to receive that sexy box with Miura's art on it's back
Going to wait a few months though since I only payed for it and a relative was the one who ordered it from UK :troll:

It's nice to see they have an image of the pens at last, they're not exactly fancy, but any addition is a nice one :serpico:

DirectDK said:
...The first pressing comes with some bonuses, and according to CDJapan's website, there are only 11 first press editions left.

AND NOW THERE ARE ONLY 10 :ganishka:

Right, mine says it's in the country and awaiting customs clearance. Fingers crossed that clearance is tomorrow. IT'S SO CLOSE!

Mine also shipped today! I'll probably get it either tomorrow or Wednesday. The thing is I don't want to open it :C. I want to keep it sealed. I was wondering how much it could be worth in some years since it is part of the first press but at the same time I don't know if it will be worth it.

SrCraneo said:
Mine also shipped today! I'll probably get it either tomorrow or Wednesday. The thing is I don't want to open it :C. I want to keep it sealed. I was wondering how much it could be worth in some years since it is part of the first press but at the same time I don't know if it will be worth it.

I say open it!!! I don't think it'll be worth an extreme amount, mainly because it's a trilogy. We all know there's gonna be a sexy box set after all 3 movies come out. :serpico:

If you're buying it just to sell it years from now, it's a sad scenario.

Regardless, the package arrived at work this morning!

20120522_100826.jpg

IncantatioN said:
If you're buying it just to sell it years from now, it's a sad scenario.

Regardless, the package arrived at work this morning!

20120522_100826.jpg

Man thats awesome!!! Did you watch it yet? Waiting for you and other people's reviews ^^

I got mine too!!! Haven't watched it yet (will do later tonight), but I popped in the disc and here are a few deets. (Pictures are in first post).

Some deets...
- Yes, the bluray disc works in a US PS3 (and all others that share the same region).
- There are 4 audio tracks (all Japanese) and 1 subtitle track (Japanese subs).
- There are 2 special features. One is just all the voice actor clips on their youtube channel. The other is a 3:40 second montage of Movie 2!!! It's pretty much all Doldrey fight scenes. The CG looks excellent in these clips!
- The booklet comes with a whole bunch of images/sketches/production shots. I took a few pictures just to give you an idea.
- The slipcase is definitely a nice touch and a MUCH better cover to the movie than the original cover.
- The soundtrack inside is just 3 tracks, and it's really just excerpts from the official soundtrack. Nothing crazy here.
- The pens are pens.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Does the movie NOT work on regular blu-ray players? Please let me know.

I'm jealous of you, DK. I'm stuck here at work. Fuuuuck

Gobolatula said:
Does the movie NOT work on regular blu-ray players? Please let me know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Region_codes
Region code Area
A Includes most North, Central and South American and Southeast Asian countries plus the Republic of China (Taiwan), Japan, Hong Kong, Macau and Korea.
B Includes most European countries, African and Southwest Asian countries plus Australia and New Zealand.
C Includes the remaining central and south Asian countries, as well as the People's Republic of China and Russia.

So as long as you're in region A, you should be good =).

Gobolatula said:
I'm jealous of you, DK. I'm stuck here at work. Fuuuuck

LOL, I got lucky as fawk. I'm working from home today! Totally not-planned. :casca:

To use those pens or not to use those pens ... *ponders*

EXCELLENT update DK!! Makes me wanna open it up right now, but I won't LOL! Tonight is the night ^_~

Top Bottom