Fruits Basket

What'd you think about the anime "Fruits Basket"?

• I loved it! So touching and sweet! ;_;

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • I liked it a lot, one of my favs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was ok.

• It bored me!!!

• I hated it. Stupid shoujo crap!

• I dunno wat u sayn blakeman was fruts basket??!!111

• Total voters

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
I loved the anime Fruits Basket. It really was in my opinion the best shoujo anime/manga. I loved how they used metaphores to display the messages about human interaction and spirit. It also made me laugh out loud more than once, and even cry at points. Overall I loved it. Go rent it or something!!!! OR BUY IT!!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Havent seen it but the name conjures up images of grandmothers and 3-5 year old girls. Both of which suck.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
It sounds like either a program aimed at little children, or a comedy. Either way, I don't wanna see it.

I've heard of it though. At least the name sounds slightly better then Strawberry Eggs.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Fruits basket rocks, because it's one of the only happy anime's I actually liked. Most of them make me want to tear the heads of innocent puppies.

Ashitaka

Don't really know english...
You know, I first made a deal with my girlfriend. I accepted to wach one Fruits Basket, if she was seeing a Berserk.
But finaly, we both see the wall stuff.
Fruits Basket is nice, but it's better to see it with your girlfriend IMO ;D

theblakeman

It's really not aimed at little kids since it has some mature themes. And yeah, it is really good, so see it Walt. It is my fav next to Berserk.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
All I remember about Fruits Basket is that the characters have huge eyes, even by anime standards. A little on the creepy, hypnotic side.

It's one of my favorite animes... though the bullshitted ending (some improvised crap to end the show at 26 eps, since the manga's still ongoing) sucked.

theblakeman

The material of the ending was good, especially the Kyo part and the confrontation with Akito. However an epilogue was needed to provide closure.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
You know with all the testosterone filled shit you spew constantly around here I am begining to think that you are over compensating for your apparently latent homosexuality. Not that that is a bad thing, it's just that I would not have expected you to enjoy the most homoerotic bunch of yaoi that Fruit Baskets is. I mean it's got one girl in it who's just a friend, and a whole bunch of guys that play fight with each other and turn into cute little animals. Sorry Elton but it's just not my cup-o-tea.

ahha, actually it is pretty bad in how so many of the male characters look like women and seem to be more interested in men than women, but it's superficial and doesn't affect the show's main direction, which is how the main character (Tohru) is able to heal people's deeply embedded insecurities.

theblakeman

I'm gay? Whatever you say....

I admit that the blatant homosexual characters are annoiyng but damn just ignore them.

PaulC

Respect Stentor!
The two main problems I had with Fruits Basket were the character designs, which took a while to get used to, and the amount of filler in the middle episodes. A lot of characters and episodes could have been cut without affecting the main storyline much. Other than that, it was great - one of the better shows of the type I've seen.

Top Bottom