Nosferatu Zodd Custom Mini Bust/base and custom Behelit necklace.

The-M

Freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude
Hi guys, here is my custom Zodd head sculpt please let me know what you think as this is one of my first sculptures ever.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Nosferatu Zodd Custom Mini Bust/base

Hey there, not bad at all I think, especially for a first! You can be proud of your work.

One thing though, "Nosferatu" and "The Immortal" are meant to be the same word in Japanese, so writing the two like you did is a bit awkward.

For one of the first sculpt ever then aye that's pretty good :zodd:

Some criticism which might be obvious but anyways: It looks like he has no eyeballs and the eye sockets have different proportions from each other. A bit too hard lines in the brow line

I quite like the hair that looks pretty solid and ofc the likeness to Zodd. Keep making stuff! Besides reading the Manga, seeing new art from people always excites me.

The-M

Thanks guys, I did not know about them being the same word, thank you, I will change that up. You are definitely right about the eyes and the eye on the left...I was trying to get a kind of "raised eye" look on one side,as to say "who is the next fool to run in here and get killed"... I got the reference from the scene when Guts runs in and sees everyone slaughtered and Zodd turns around..I paused it at that moment and went from there...he actually looks as if he has flat eyes in the anime to me for some reason, thats why I went with the flat eyeballs..but I can experiment with some epoxy and add some to change the look..I made a silicone mold of this, so I can cast one anytime. The most difficult part to me was how soft the clay was and trying to get proportions right from all angles..I used sculpy regular on the face, and firm on the hair..but overall it was a blast and I hopefully will get it just right so that one day, maybe I can sell some. It took me about a 8 days spread over 3 weeks 2-4 hours a night. ..I also did a Beherit necklace out of a different clay that I will post up....
Thanks for all your kind comments and criticisms it means a lot to me!!! as I eventually want to get into this sculpting business.

The-M

Here's my version of the eclipse Behelit necklace. The original was made by a regular clay that you fire,I let it air dry to harden,then made a silicone mold of it and made the resin casts,and then painted those,added the metal eye screw and leather-like strap..hope you like them,please comment. Thanks

Top Bottom