Worst Anime you ever Bought and why

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Genn, did it ever occur to you that maybe those slashes are just part of the logo? There are no other Blood movies.

http://worldfilm.about.com/library/weekly/aa082101a.htm

"...The press kit explains that there is more to the concept and that the characters are further explored in video games, comic books, and a novel."

G

Genn21

:p ahhhhh crap theres goes my hope for 2 pre blood movies ..sulk.. sulk.. sulk..i got all pumped up about a few slashes and it was just for a spooky, title appearance this sucks...(not as much as the winter oylmpics, but pretty badly) damn you hague youll never get away with this (you darn kids with your rotten dog .. scooby, doobi.. doo) ,and thx kimchan (man thats a pretty good site for american released anime movie reveiws)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
twilight of the dark master of whatever it was called (it was so bad i must've forgotten) was a piece of crap that should burn in hell forever.

-TS

FUNKY

I'm not a llama(anymore)!
trapped_soul said:
twilight of the dark master of whatever it was called (it was so bad i must've forgotten) was a piece of crap that should burn in hell forever.

-TS

yeah, but nice cover though

Not a doubt in my mind:

Cowboy Bebop DVD's

Yes I got them for cheap, a error on some website sold them for 17 dollars a peice which is pretty good back then (right when they came out).

Such a dissapointing series, such a boring series, boring characters, 20 episodes that I wanted to kill myself for wasting money.

And get this, this was before I saw Berserk! At the time I believe I was watching Kenshin (or around that time) and Rurouni Kenshin was such a better series it's not even comparable.

Even today I despise my Cowboy Bebop collection. In fact it's at my friends house, and even he won't watch it.

P

psymont

hmm,, i uisually only hear good thing about the cowboy bebop

their is definitely nothing like kenshin

S

SoulCrasher

Worst anime I bought is Lain. It is so stupid and has nothing to do with anything. And no action. Why did I buy it? Because I hate myself. Sold it for the same amount I bought it for fortunately.

Serial Experiments Lain ranks up there, just underneath the boot of Gatsu. Nonetheless, very enjoyable.

Serial Experiments Lain + Weed = Serial Experiments Lain

Berserk + Weed = Berserk + Weed (<- Now that's the shit I'm talking about).

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Come on, Lain wasn't that bad. It's still my favorite anime (yes, even after watching Berserk.)

S

SoulCrasher

kimchan said:
Come on, Lain wasn't that bad. It's still my favorite anime (yes, even after watching Berserk.)

Well, I only bought 2 other anime, Berserk and X the movie. But I prefer action movies. I'm sure Lain wasn't bad aesthetically speaking, but in comparison to the other two, I didn't like it.

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
The worst anime I've ever bought, I think is Hellsing. Don't get me wrong - I loved the overall feeling and attitude to the first episode, easy my fav of the series, and I still like the style but the second the anime deviated from the manga it derailed for me. Plus I had some consistancy issues with the animation though alot of the series.

That being said, the only other anime I own is Berserk and the original 2 Kenshin OVA's. Its impossible not to like Berserk, and I found the Kenshin OVA's a good source of the good ol' hack'n'slash I love so much and its depth of storyline and characters were a bonus.

I've been meaning to look into Blood the Last Vampire. Is it worth getting just as a hackfest then Kimchan? And as long as you chase up the additional media formats mentioned and story, can the movie be enjoyed as more than just that?

I've also been meaning to get Soul Taker... the animation style just looks so unique. But I'm worried it'll probably fall into the same basket as Hellsing - sytle over substance? The X series is another one I've been recommended endless times... but I have the opposite problem there. I'm sure the storylines there, but I can't get past how the characters are drawn.

Finally, could I just ask if anyones seen Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman? More importantly, should I stay clear of it? Or does anyone care to suggest some other dark themed, violent anime that has plently of depth to back it up?

S

SoulCrasher

ZKK said:
The worst anime I've ever bought, I think is Hellsing. Don't get me wrong - I loved the overall feeling and attitude to the first episode, easy my fav of the series, and I still like the style but the second the anime deviated from the manga it derailed for me. Plus I had some consistancy issues with the animation though alot of the series.

That being said, the only other anime I own is Berserk and the original 2 Kenshin OVA's. Its impossible not to like Berserk, and I found the Kenshin OVA's a good source of the good ol' hack'n'slash I love so much and its depth of storyline and characters were a bonus.

I've been meaning to look into Blood the Last Vampire. Is it worth getting just as a hackfest then Kimchan? And as long as you chase up the additional media formats mentioned and story, can the movie be enjoyed as more than just that?

I've also been meaning to get Soul Taker... the animation style just looks so unique. But I'm worried it'll probably fall into the same basket as Hellsing - sytle over substance? The X series is another one I've been recommended endless times... but I have the opposite problem there. I'm sure the storylines there, but I can't get past how the characters are drawn.

Finally, could I just ask if anyones seen Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman? More importantly, should I stay clear of it? Or does anyone care to suggest some other dark themed, violent anime that has plently of depth to back it up?

I agree with you on Hellsing. In all of Blood: The Last Vampire a sword is used just a few times, in a way that I wouldn't call a hackfest. I have not read the manga, but you can probably find it in a large bookstore or comic shop and skim through it before buying. I heard there's a PS2 game on the way as well, if not already out in Japan. I like Soul Taker, but not everyone will. Many scenes are done in an unusual artsy but very dark themed style. The action is clearer though, and the last half of the series moves has a lot less of the artistic style. I find the plot interesting and all loose ends are tied up in the end. The major characters are fleshed out well too. As for X series, see if you can download a clip from the main site http://www.dragonsofheaven.com/ or http://www.dragonsofearth.com/ and judge for yourself. Synopses are there too.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
the way I generaly describe lain is practicaly applied philosophy.

Blood: The Last Vampire gave the feeling that it was part of something more...

Hellsing is just all style no substance

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Hmm.. I do love Hellsing but yes.. for the style. If it had kept on with the manga it would have been *so* nice. I wanted to see vampires vs. nazis! Come on! Unfortunately we got Incognito instead, looks like they spent about five minutes on that idea.
I reccommend the first half of the Hellsing anime. After that they're mostly just making up the story.

The Hellsing manga does indeed kick ASS. Pity there's only partial translations for a few of its volumes. Hellsing and Berserk are the only books I've been picking up regularly, really.

Blood on the other hand I didn't enjoy at all. It was pretty but *far* too slow and seemed to be just part of a story. Part of an uninteresting story. I enjoy music vids made out of its best bits though!

-Lith

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
Thanks for that SoulCrasher.

Lithrael you can find the Hellsing manga fully translated up to volume 4 with 5 to come here if you're interested. However they are scans with translations, and not just text based translations. Not really convenient for those of us buying the volumes, but I shouldn't complain. Great manga... second only to Berserk in my view.

And I'm still unsure about Blood... but I've managed to get a music video set to Rob Zombie's "Living Dead Girl" that I'm rather impressed with.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Not so much buy but my friend let me borrow it... Samurai Deeper Kyo.... It looked like it was going to be ok but the ending just sucked dick so bad. Spoilers.....

The final fight between Kyoshiro and Kyo was pretty lame... seeing how the 2 were 1 and the same and their "final" encounter was to to settle it all... it was a huge fucking let down. The whole Nobunaga thing was pretty gay in itself... I dont know, I just cant convey into words on why it was so fucking bad....... :puck:

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Doa Viem said:
The worst one I bought was Legends of Crystania for 30 bucks... Wow the crappiest animation ever and a very boring story, I would have returned it but the store was closing.
Agreed, that movie sucked ass. I ended up selling it to my friend from 20 bucks. It was so fuckin boring.

Wow lots of hate for Hellsing around here. Hell I thought Hellsing was one of the best animes I've seen in years and light years ahead of the generic bore(gore)fest joke that is the manga.

I'm glad its different from the manga. I mean wow, people dont like Incognito but he was by far a better villian than half the jokes thrown at Alucard and Hellsing in the manga. I mean the guy who uses playing cards as weapons? Or the chick with the huge rifle that carries around the child's toy? and that's not even getting on the tiny fat annoying guy and the strange werewolf making jokes about Alucard putting a gun in his mouth. Ugh gods, I dont like the manga.

As to the anime itself. Hell I think its one of those kick in pants that most anime needs. It drops most of the super cliche stereotypical crap like the sweat drops on the forehead when embaressed or falling over suddenly when something wacky happens. Ugh its serious and for that I would have enjoyed it, but the fact that the anime was pretty consistent in all area's except animation is what made me enjoy it so much. Not to mention Alucard was one of the more bad ass characters I've seen, they didnt puss out and make him have feelings or have a change of heart. He was an invincible vampire who did what he needed to get the job done, if with a little extra flare.

Top Bottom