Author Topic: Episode 220  (Read 46034 times)

Offline Garouken

Re:220
« Reply #175 on: May 06, 2003, 01:14:40 AM »
How's he cutting all this juge shit in half with a normal sized sword?  Is he just that damned good?

I don't know if Guts can really mount an offense anymore.  The brand messed with him a lot during his fight with the count(although all 5 God Hand were there) plus he just took an appendage of sorts through the chest.

Guts=pwned?

Offline Smith

« Reply #176 on: May 06, 2003, 05:31:29 AM »
How's he cutting all this juge shit in half with a normal sized sword?  Is he just that damned good?

Do u remember he sliced through all the demons that blocked his path in vol13, I think he is REALLY that good!
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline Hell

• Of the Interstice
  • Time to kill ;D
« Reply #177 on: May 06, 2003, 02:46:51 PM »
Skully is the best warrior in Berserk at the moment. Have you ever seen him in problems? I can't remember somethin' like that

Offline Darok

• Of the Interstice
  • Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
« Reply #178 on: May 06, 2003, 03:16:17 PM »
I want chapter 221....   :'(
"You dance up to the edge. I doubt that a demon would even be so human. Beware what you may discover, and be warned that discovering you aren't really one of us may come after you have done something that can't be taken back. Continue dancing but beware of where it may lead you. Remember, an angel is no more human than a demon."  - Annah Hutchings god of artists

Offline Woland

• Of the Interstice
  • STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
« Reply #179 on: May 06, 2003, 03:26:57 PM »
Skully can easily kick Slann's ass i think

Do remember what happened when Skully attacked Void.
I doubt there's anyone right now who can easily kick a godhand's ass.
*Place deeply meaningful thoughts here*
Wait, on second thought, don't, It might ruin my reputation.

Offline Drachenfels

• Worthless Troll
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »
Do remember what happened when Skully attacked Void.

Void had the home-advantage, and broughht up a shield in the last moment before sk split him in half.

Offline Hell

• Of the Interstice
  • Time to kill ;D
« Reply #181 on: May 06, 2003, 06:21:24 PM »
As Ichi said, Void had the advantage of being at home, and anyway, void has to be more powerful than Slann, i think

Offline QUeeN typhonblue

• SKuLL LoRD Supreme Ho
  • Of the Interstice
  • Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2003, 06:33:28 PM »
That wasn't just a shield... Void changed space-time so that Skully's own sword was reflected back *at* him. Any fight with Void will be of a magnitude far beyond any battle yet seen. How do you fight an opponent that can literally warp the fabric of reality?

And how exactly do you fight Void outside of his "home turf"? He would have to deliberately manifest on any plane other then the one in which he resides. And then if you did kill him, you'd just be killing his manifestation.

Plus, looking at relative prowress again, Skull Knight cut through those demons with apparent ease, yes... But it actually took him time and a *sword* to do it. Femento killed just as many in seconds by simply closing his bare hand.

Blink, and you almost miss the yaoi in Berserk!

Who Watches that Yaoi Stuff Anyway?

SoulCrasher

« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2003, 06:43:17 PM »
Femto was killing those demons?  I thought he was ordering them to attack Skully.  And when he saw how powerless they are he just stared at his hand, confused.  I don't have that volume on me so I can't confirm any of this, plus my memory seems to be bad....

Offline Hell

• Of the Interstice
  • Time to kill ;D
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2003, 06:56:53 PM »
Yep, Femto killed them all with simply closing his hand
But i think SK can do something else than fight with his sword. Think that he made a way into the sacrificy as easy as broke some glass

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2003, 09:28:32 PM »
Hey, something else, isn't anyone here wondering what exactly Slan wants from Guts? She came there all for him, after all. Yeah, she likes to see some strong emotions and appreciates the feeling of a little pain but I doubt that's really all to it. Don't you think there must be something more behind this? She is really putting a lot of care and time into making Guts as angry as possible. Why?

Maybe she is deliberately trying to draw out the Beast in Guts? That would be quite interesting to say the least... 8)

Offline Hell

• Of the Interstice
  • Time to kill ;D
« Reply #186 on: May 06, 2003, 10:19:07 PM »
Yep, what she wants of Guts?
In the sacrifice she look at him too, when guts was making his masacre.
Perhaps she noticed that Guts is becoming a real n' dangerously enemy (in volume 3 the God hand didn't seem to think that), and she thought is better to have him in her side.
It's time to return the offense of vol.3, Guts ;)

Offline roberto999

• Of the Nexus
  • The Black Chick of Darkness
« Reply #187 on: May 06, 2003, 10:34:38 PM »
Or maybe she simply was bored and wanted to play a little? Gods are that way with mortals...
Hey I am reborn

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2003, 12:45:50 AM »
True that one roberto999...but even then, why Guts? Why not mess with someone who is a real mess and has nothing to live for. If the God Hands or Idea in this case live off misfortune, why not just pick on normal folk?

I think it's safe to say that we will find out what her real agenda is in the later chapters, which brings me to... Chapter 221... Anyone have any summeries...it's the 7th over here in Okinawa, so I thought those come out before the actual issue. Anyone?
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2003, 01:07:05 AM »
Or maybe she simply was bored and wanted to play a little? Gods are that way with mortals...

But Slan has a special interest in Guts, and so far Guts hasn't given her yet what she wants (don't tell me that that little stab did it for her ::)). Slan was practically begging Guts to show her more of his rage, his anger. I take it that she's trying to bring out Guts' dark side; the Beast.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2003, 02:09:38 AM »
Could it be something as simple as a crush?
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Woland

• Of the Interstice
  • STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2003, 04:01:31 AM »
But after being alive for at least 216 years as Slann, you'd think she would have learned to express herself in less violent means.

Although she does seem to get turned on by his feral nature.  Plus Guts seems not to mind getting rough, as seen in chapter 1.
Talk about blowin' your load...
*Place deeply meaningful thoughts here*
Wait, on second thought, don't, It might ruin my reputation.

Offline Smith

« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2003, 06:37:03 AM »

He would have to deliberately manifest on any plane other then the one in which he resides. And then if you did kill him, you'd just be killing his manifestation.

Agreed, Maybe together with Guts and Sk, they might succeed in killing her, but that was just her manifestion! If they really want to challenge any GH, even 4 the weakest Slann, they still need some time for improvement. True, Skulky maybe powerful! But if he is as strong as any GH member, There would not be 5 now, if not none!

If the God Hands or Idea in this case live off misfortune, why not just pick on normal folk?

They may have done so for many times for at least 216 yrs! But wat they find interesting is that they never face such a opponent, so Slann being impressed by him, may feel interested in meeting him :P (She is the only female member of GH). Of coz like Mizar said, she might just want Guts to exposed his dark side!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2003, 06:38:48 AM by Gutz »
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline MarkedSwordsman

• Of the Interstice
  • Am I cool or what?
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2003, 07:01:15 PM »
Are the scans still up anywhere? I saw some posts on page 5 saying they were up, but I saw no link. Gosh, it sucks having to work and crap. I've missed like the past 10 issues.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2003, 07:09:12 PM »
Click here. You know the drill.

I lowered the filesize and increased the image size.  

I'm missing page 06. Also, age 04 is also page 05.

edit: Found all the images. Use me as an alternate to Saiyajin in case his server runs out of space again.
MarkedSwordsman... read the posts.

Offline Garouken

« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2003, 08:55:17 PM »
I've been somewhat curious about the state of the God Hand. Have we seen much of them since the rebirth?

Slann was always babbling about how Guts would make a good ally(servant?), maybe now that Femto is out, there's a slot open.  Guts certainly seems to be the embodiment of vengeance as some times, so that could be his attribute.  Or not, just a thought.

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2003, 09:16:52 PM »
Hmmm, where exactly are those previews of Berserk chapters that always appear on the Wednesday before YA is released? I searched for it on the YA site but couldn't find it.

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2003, 09:48:55 PM »
Hmmm, where exactly are those previews of Berserk chapters that always appear on the Wednesday before YA is released? I searched for it on the YA site but couldn't find it.
They haven't existed for a few years. Berserk used to have it's own section on the YA page, but it was taken down around the time Millennium Falcon started.

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #198 on: May 07, 2003, 11:14:34 PM »
'Don't wanna start the new thread because it could be total BS, but...
No more Slan.
The Skull Knight was using the Beherits to "power up" his sword. Now that Slan is gone, he uses it to destroy the Qliphoth.
Well, that's for the major stuff.
... if it's legit, of course.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2003, 11:49:20 PM by Olivier Hague »

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #199 on: May 07, 2003, 11:42:49 PM »
'Don't wanna start the new thread because it could be total BS, but...
No more Slan.
The Skull Knight was using the Beherits to "power up" his sword. Now that Slan is gone, he uses it to destroy the Qliphot.
Well, that's for the major stuff.
... if it's legit, of course.

So only 3 God Hand now? I just assumed it would take more than a poke from the Dragonslayer to destroy a God hand. I guess I'm going to be the first (or, second I guess) to state my skepicism.