3 disk Anime set of Berzerk

femtoguts

I'm a llama!
I don't know if this is an appropriate topic to start. If not feel free to flame the shit out of me (as if I needed to ask for it).

I have been looking for DvDs of the Berzerk anime for quite some time, ever since I found a video on Kazaa edited by a fan (called JB_Berzerk_withyou). Everytime I would buy the first volume from different DVD stores ("Black Swordsman") the DVD ended up being choppy (they tested it on 3 different DVD players then I got a refund). So I refused to buy and watch the 2nd through 6th volume.

Luckily though I just ran into a 3 disk case for about 50 bucks. Saved me a lot of money. Looks like it just came out. Usually when they come out with these things they add new features, although since I havn't watched the original 6 volume DVDs I just wanted to give people a heads up about the 3 disk case.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
That would be a HK release. Those are done without license (I'm prety sure) and since the video has much higher compression, they're far more likely to be flawed.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Majin Tenshi said:
That would be a HK release. Those are done without license (I'm prety sure) and since the video has much higher compression, they're far more likely to be flawed.

And the subs/translations are poorly done as well.

Rellik

The devil is insides us all.
you got gipped off HK dvd is just a fansub put on a DVD, 3 burned dvd's cost 9 bucks

being a berserk fan I much rather just pay the extra 50 bucks get all the extras and actually support the anime and pay the 100 dollars for the 6 dvds

incognitoX

you fail me
Should have gone with the R1 6 dvd set (assuming you live in Region 1)

50 dollars for the HK dvd set? You got screwed over big time. :eek:

Franz

It's a dolphin.
I own the Berserk HK box set (which I got for 30 dollars total, thank you ebay -- a REASONABLE price), and the only complaint I might have is "pally all" but that really don't matter since nobody cares about the menus when you're watching the seres! ;)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
That version is the one I have and there is no English dubbing.
But the DVDs were definitely not burned...it was simply the HK version.

LG

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Lady Griffith said:
That version is the one I have and there is no English dubbing.
But the DVDs were definitely not burned...it was simply the HK version.

LG

Reeeally. Huh. I don't think I've *ever* seen a legit HK release sold outside of HK. Apart from the odd kung fu movie. Even most of those are HK pirates. You have to look pretty hard to find a legit release from HK being sold over Ebay or in, say, the US. I've definitely never seen a legit Berserk HK release.

A pirate DVD can be a real, pressed DVD. You can't say for sure it's not a bootleg just because it's not an obvious burned DVD like you often run across at cons.

But if you're saying yours has unfuckedup subs and does not say 'asiacartoon@hotmail.com' or something similar anywhere.. well, I guess you found one. Neat.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
It actually does say asia-cartoon@hotmail.com on it. I don't know much about DVDs or this kind of merchandise...I got it from Hong Kong toys on ebay. Some British guy sold it to me for 25 US dollars.

LG

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Yeah. HK ripoff, man. You're better off buying the whole box set when it comes out later (since it'll be cheaper than buying all 6 dvds seperately). You'll get all the extras, HILARIOUS outtakes, production sketches, etc...AND you'll be supporting Berserk. And the more support you put into the licensed product, the better the chance of more Berserk being released. Besides, all that HK bootleg shit is done by pirates who don't care and you're just giving your money to assholes.

Oh, I sound like a public service announcement...

Top Bottom