miura's other manga?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
http://column.daum.net/Column-bin/Bbs.cgi/carrotjuice/dwn/zka/B2-kB23r/qqfdnum/11/qqsubno/0/qqfname/01.jpg

found this one while surfing for a pic of miura's actual, real life mug.

it looks like he had (or has) another comic in the works during berserk. i'm wondering if any of you miura gurus can give me any more info on it.

EDIT on second thought, may not have done this one...but the similiraties in drawing style and the main character suggests that he has.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re:miura's other manga

I cant read Korean, but while some of the framing of those panels looks kind of Miura-ish, it doesn't resemble his work at all otherwise.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Hmm... Well, it may be the western setting throwing me off, but I don't think it looks like Miura's style.

Could that perhaps be the Author's name on the very bottum next to the copywrite symbol?

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
sigh...now why didn't i see that?

no wonder lawyers still use fine prints when they write contracts.

anyhow, that manga DOES look interesting whether it's a miura or not.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Majin Tenshi said:
Could that perhaps be the Author's name on the very bottum next to the copywrite symbol?

I was thinking about that. Maybe its the studio, though? Not to support the "miura's other manga" theory, but what's the big long arrow pointing to the characters at the bottom for?

EDIT: I looked at the scan again and saw the Copywrited name, yeah that has to be the author (I originally couldn't remember what it said, hence my above post).

Yes, at the bottom it says copyright Shizuya Wazarai, 1995. That is not Miura's work, though it does sort of resemble it. And what is that on that guy's arm. It looks to me like a Wild West Berserk.

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
to me it doesnt resemble miura at all... maybe im alone on this one... ???

it looks a lot less detailed than miuras IMO... but thats just My oppinion

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ThaBlackSwordsman said:
to me it doesnt resemble miura at all... maybe im alone on this one... ???

it looks a lot less detailed than miuras IMO... but thats just My oppinion
Compare it to Guts' fight in Volume 14 with the fatty apostle, where Guts first uses the Dragon Slayer and the Arm Cannon.

There are similarities, but they aren't HUGE or OFFENSIVE. Still... now that I know he's a friend of Miura's, I feel a lot better.

puella

Berserk forever
This manga was released here in Korea with the title "Blaster Knuckle", three volumes.

0928-04.jpg
1012-06.jpg
1109-08.jpg

I didn't read it so I asked some guys about the manga.
According to them, the hero, Victor Freeman fought with vampires and his father became a victim.
It happened in late 19th century, 1885, in America where the light of brilliant modern times and the darkness of Middle age still co-existed.

And they all said they enjoyed the manga very much.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, that's some high school they went to. Hey everyone, Judeau could be based off this guy. ;)

Or maybe Corkus... I find the simularities interesting, and wonder how friendly they still are. If they were really good buds, they're tastes and talents were bound to be influenced by one another.

Neat. :)

-Griffith

O

Ozmo

Olivier Hague said:
'Not really surprising... Wazarai is one of Miura's highschool buddies. In other words, he's one of the people he based the Hawk Soldiers on.

Ok, how the heck did you know that? :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ozmo said:
Ok, how the heck did you know that? :p
It was in an interview with Miura. The design of some of the characters in the Hawks is based on Miura's highschool friends. Pippin is actually based on Miura's face. I don't see the resemblance but that's what the man said.

puella

Berserk forever
Walter said:
Pippin is actually based on Miura's face. I don't see the resemblance but that's what the man said.

Me, either. Miura looks kinda slim. ::)
Maybe he had good physique like Pippin when he was very young? ;D or he just implied Pippin resembled his personality?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puella said:
Me, either. Miura looks kinda slim. ::)
Maybe he had good physique like Pippin when he was very young? ;D or he just implied Pippin resembled his personality?
Like I said, Pippin's _face_ is what Miura bsed on himself, not his beefy python arms.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Are we sure this is appearance that Miura was baseing off of people he knew? What if it was personality? Would Miura->Pippen work better then?

Top Bottom