Theresia's threat for real?

Way back in volume 3 after the count is taken to hell after rejecting to sacrifice theresia, she threatens to kill guts in the future, is this the tough talk of a pissed of girl or potential apostle for guts to deal with in volumes to come?

Sparnage said:
Way back in volume 3 after the count is taken to hell after rejecting to sacrifice theresia, she threatens to kill guts in the future, is this the tough talk of a pissed of girl or potential apostle for guts to deal with in volumes to come?

1) She made friends with Puck
2) Guts took the behelit with him

Although 2 doesn't exclude the chance that Theresia finds another behelit and 1 doesn't exclude her to use such a thing, I believe the chances are pretty narrow that in the story becomes such a thing (including the fact that you will have a father and a daughter both apostles while even considering that apostles are rare per se).

I believe she was used in a similar fashion as the monk and his daughter in the chart aka to show the effects of the environment around the Black Swordman.

maybe, but there is no reason for why an apostle cannot run down a family, not only that but i dont believe Guts behelit will stay with him. Also Flora says among others that the behelit will go back to the owners hands eventually no matter what, she was close to it at one stage before he took it, kinda like Griffith was with his before he lost it in the dungeon.

of course this is speculation but the possibility of her pursuing her vengeance is high, after all the berserk story feeds of the concept of vengeance a fair bit, it may not be limited to just Guts, and her claim was fairly advertised.

Sparnage said:
maybe, but there is no reason for why an apostle cannot run down a family, not only that but i dont believe guts behelit will stay with him. Not only that but flora says among others that the behelit will go back to the owners hands eventually no matter what, she was close to it at one stage before he took it, kinda like griffith was with his.

How much chance do you give this?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
How about Theresia was just a character created for the specific purpose of explicating the definition of Guts' morals? Theresia's grudge is hypothetical.

Added to that, we haven't seen her since... oh, 1991? For her to suddenly be reintroduced to Berserk, for the specific purpose of exacting her "revenge" would be ludicrous.

Also Flora says among others that the behelit will go back to the owners hands eventually no matter what, she was close to it at one stage before he took it
As for this, Flora meant that the TRUE owner of the Beherit (read: the one meant to activate it, regardless of whose hands it passed through in transportation) will ultimately have it in their destined time.

Sparnage said:
You could say that.
I could give it around 5% that Miura is gonna have this judging from how the manga has been so far.
So, I opt for the 95% which says that's not gonna happen: that's always IMHO.

Walter said:
How about Theresia was just a character created for the specific purpose of explicating the definition of Guts' morals? Theresia's grudge is hypothetical.

Added to that, we haven't seen her since... oh, 1991? For her to suddenly be reintroduced to Berserk, for the specific purpose of exacting her "revenge" would be ludicrous.As for this, Flora meant that the TRUE owner of the Beherit (read: the one meant to activate it, regardless of whose hands it passed through in transportation) will ultimately have it in their destined time.

I wont say that is likely and i am speculating here, the behelit probably is not for her, yet If anyone was to get it aside Guts it is likely to be some strange twist to who the behelit goes to. As it has been dragged along with Guts for so long i dont think it would go to just anyone, because it has been so essential in the story, so to end up in some unknown's hands isnt totally likely, but aside puck no one has really had anything to do with it since it came to his hands.

Her being there for Guts morals alone is more possible, however in the berserk world being 1991 since she last appeared may not matter, she was only 13 or something its not unheard of for characters to come back after years down the track, how long was it between the time that minister Foss left the story after the queens assasination then came back in 27?

Well, now Theresia should be around 15 the most?

Would you like to see apostle Theresia put in the story for threating Guts as an apostle in the future of the manga?
Remember the point we are:
Grunbeld, Locus, Irvine, Ganishka apostles, Guts with Magic armour, Shielke with magic spells, magic items, Griffith becoming king of Midland and our friends ;D heading for elfhelm,
... generally the balances of the new era.
Honestly I don't see fitting so much what you are saying with the manga.

PS: Remember also the fact that she became friend with Puck. :D

Sparnage said:
then what do you think will become of the behelit?
Honestly I dunno but I give it more chances something else happens than have Theresia use it.
Maybe Skullknight eats it for breakfast some day ??? :p

By the way I dunno if somebody could use it right now for becoming an apostle: maybe yes, maybe no and to the no possibilty I furthermore relate the possibility that the GHs maybe are about for traslocating to earth. I know this is wild and out of topic but having in mind the new era: the merging of the two worlds and some wild theories in my head I get influenced more negativelly against seeing the making of a new apostle with that Behelit.
Anyway BERSERK seems as a struggle of humans against demons: if Guts were to become an apostle and to win the fight like this I wouldn't like it a lot.
On the other hand seeing a new apostle fighting Guts is no news so I believe this behelit is preserved for something more special.

I dunno and can only make wild guesses: maybe they will use it to track or find out or even open some new secret using maybe Shielke's magic abilities?
Then again maybe Isidoro becomes an apostle and eats Caska and Guts' leg as your apostle like theory. ;D
Or maybe it remains as the last forgotten egg in the story, after all the rest perish implicating a number 2 as it happens some time in the movies? No, no, no!! :p
I guess if Miura gets to finish the story some time later we will be happy to find out.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Sparnage said:

In my opinion she's going to surface sometime soon. Miura never lets a threat go undone LOL...and he'll surprise us when we least expect it. I don't think she'll be an apostle or that the behelit will fall into her hands, but...she may strike a bargain with an apostle or somehow find her way into Griffith's court and plan something that way.

Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
In my opinion she's going to surface sometime soon. Miura never lets a threat go undone LOL...and he'll surprise us when we least expect it. I don't think she'll be an apostle or that the behelit will fall into her hands, but...she may strike a bargain with an apostle or somehow find her way into Griffith's court and plan something that way.
I don't agree that much. I believe she whould understand what was and IS happening when grown older. She was only 13 back then...
When I get to think about her now, I could parallel her with Farnese. In her first experiences with the Blask Swordsman she thought that her world and the environment around her seemed to be encountered with a disasterous force for her life, a force that indeed she seemed to hate. Indeed, for Theresia the Black Swordsman was the same force.
But later, as we have seen Farnese changed. I also believe Theresia's approach to reality is gona change too. She was only 13 and better than Farnesse (remember she made friends with Puck too, while Farnsese couldn't even see him in the beginning, if I remember correctly).

nir085

Horse and Armor
I saw that someone mentioned Foss, but Theresia is nowhere as significant as Foss. Plus, she is a little girl who does not even live close to Wyndham. Theresia returning later on would be stupid. That would be like Jill returning to the story. Besides, the role of pampered girl who only has a father is already taken up by Princess Charlotte. And if Theresia does come back, it will NOT be as an apostle...I mean, who the hell would she sacrifice?? The closest person to her at this point is Puck lol, and such a sacrifice is just too funny to be put in the world of Berserk.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
xechnao said:
I don't agree that much. I believe she whould understand what was and IS happening when grown older. She was only 13 back then...
When I get to think about her now, I could parallel her with Farnese. In her first experiences with the Blask Swordsman she thought that her world and the environment around her seemed to be encountered with a disasterous force for her life, a force that indeed she seemed to hate. Indeed, for Theresia the Black Swordsman was the same force.
But later, as we have seen Farnese changed. I also believe Theresia's approach to reality is gona change too. She was only 13 and better than Farnesse (remember she made friends with Puck too, while Farnsese couldn't even see him in the beginning, if I remember correctly).

What does that have to do with her being an apostle or not? I didn't say anything about her age and how she didn't understand what was going on...she obviously did, or she would not have made the threat in the first place. But I don't think a behelit is going to cross into her hands. I think she' s got other plans...maybe allying with Griffith OR some apostles to try to kill Guts. Women are more sneaky that way.

What does that have to do with her being an apostle or not? I didn't say anything about her age and how she didn't understand what was going on...she obviously did, or she would not have made the threat in the first place. But I don't think a behelit is going to cross into her hands. I think she' s got other plans...maybe allying with Griffith OR some apostles to try to kill Guts. Women are more sneaky that way.
Are you sure you read my post?
Because it seems to me that or you didn't or my english was really, really bad.

Walter said:
Added to that, we haven't seen her since... oh, 1991? For her to suddenly be reintroduced to Berserk, for the specific purpose of exacting her "revenge" would be ludicrous.

Yeah i highly doubt that she will appear again, but wouldnt it be more interesting if she does appear -trying to screw things with guts, like a fly in a ointment-? I mean she cant say taking revenge for fun

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Maybe Griffith will fuck her too. ::) ;D

Schwabe

*cough*
Actually it might be intresting to see her introduced as futility. Guts has his grand revenege of destroying griffith who is relatively all powerful.

It'd be amusing to see her challange guts in parallel light only to be struck down instantly by his blade. What he might eventually experience with femento.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
one doesn't have to sacrifice a mortal in order ot become an apostle, only what is most dear to them.

and jill coming back wouldn't be a total suprise.

What about that sick girl and his friend that falls from cliffs? They should be back too with some new orgie flicks.
I would not be surprised...

Top Bottom