21 grams, the cooler, lost in translation

BOB

poruno sutâ
Anyone watching movies like these or is it all about the passion of christ or starsky and hutch these days?

might add mystic river to that list, too. great films worth checking out.

Saw Lost in Translation with my family the movie is good. People think it's a romance film but it's really not.Just people trying to find themselves in life.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
I saw lost in translation and it's truly a great movie. I was suprised to see Bill Murray portray such a serious role so well.

Uyennie

Next stop: Bedlam!
I saw Starsky and Hutch. It was a fun, entertaining movie but also lazy. Some of the skits were predictable and rehashed from other movies they've done.

I was expecting/hoping for more of the Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore quality of work (I know, Owen Wilson didn't write Starsky).

Nevertheless, see it for just a good time.

yeah, these were parts of a film festival here in town. the museum's film society got sick of us not getting any independent or, as they labeled it, "underground" movies so they gave us 14 to choose from.
i rushed out to see scarlett's sexy ass on the big screen. i loved that and the movie t'weren't too shabby either.
i missed the cooler, though i have time to see it before they take it out of the theaters.
21 grams = meh. Amores Perros is MUCH better. it just seems like innaritu [sic] made the movie, cut it up, and scattered it into the wind and however it landed is the way he printed it. i really didnt see any rhyme or reason for the editing. it was distracting. i guess thats the point, to distract you from noticing that the movie is a big cliche. =/
[SIZE=-15](naomi watts is fucking hot)[/SIZE]

theres a couple others, but i just cant remember them right now.

EDIT: oh yeah, has anyone else seen that fabulous french(canadian) cartoon The Triplets of Belleville?

B

Beave

I thought Lost in Translation was the best movie of the year, 2nd favorite going to .... oddly enough, Pirates of the Carribean. I loved both, for obviously different reasons, but .... I just thought each accomplished what it set out to do.

I thought 21 grams was good, but I agree, that it wasn't as good, cathartic, etc. as Amorres Perros.

As for Mystic River, I thought it highly overrated.

I'm still waiting to get my butt into gear and see Whale Rider. Has anyone seen it? I've heard it's very good.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
ranemaka13 said:
i rushed out to see scarlett's sexy ass on the big screen. i loved that and the movie t'weren't too shabby either.
another reason to see lost in translation: Scarlet Johansson (god shes so hot!!!!!!!!!)

Malf

You cannot escape YOUR FATE!
I saw Hildago, not bad, it was pretty good. Its not some indian jones movie itas about indians and horses. It wasnt amazing like lord of the rings but it wasnt bad like triple x

Top Bottom