God Hand Symbolization

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Well I've done some thinking, and I have thought of each gods hand form, and how it relates to themselves.

Slann- This is the most obvious one. She is sexy, so the best word for her is that she is a temptress. I cant really tell you anything you havn't realized yet.

Ubik- I have done some thinking, and even if there has not been that much information on Ubik, I have related him to another charecter who shares alot of his traits. Foss. With their problem of dwarfism out of the way for now, they both decieve and control for the problem to work. Ubik decived griffith with his childhood memories, causing griffith to give in, just as Foss has decieved the the nobels who planed to assassinate griffith by burning them alive, or at least took part in the plan. Also, back to his size, he seems to be coming up short compared to all the other god hand members. However his charisma and cunning make up for that. So basicly he is viewed as deception and (cant find 1 word for this) coming up short.

Conrad-Like Ubik, He is not mentioned as much either, but
when i reread volume 17, I noticed he took shape from rats. So in the end i finalized that he was the rats all along, which spread the disease. He is not a big talker, but he talks only when nesissary, and when he does, its loud as hell (first eclipes). Like the plague, he could be called the "silent killer", not being realized until it is too late. So he can be viewed as disease and silence (as in death).

Void-Now even though he was the one who talked the most (aside from slann), he was very hard to draw a conclusion from. But then I realized his face. His brain sticks out (bigger then a normal head) and his eyes are sowed shut. The large brain could show that he is very wise, and probably knows more then any of the other god hand members (if they dont know the same stuff). However, his eyes are sowed shut, which shows his ignornace of possibilities. Just as in the 1st eclipes, as wise as he is about fate, he did not forsee skull knight coming in to save the day. The rest of him, like the frount part of his face being pulled off by a string and stuff like that could just hint that he was tortured. So he could be viewed as the wise but ignorent.

Griffith/Femto form - This was very easy to see why he was like that. It is because what he has went by thoughout the whole story. A hawk. He has the Hawk helmet on his body, and he even has wings. The wings, though, could also symbolize griffiths dream to have a kingdom in the clouds, and those wings will fly him there. He could most likely be viewed as false hope, because in the end, when the hawks needed him most, he sacrificed them. Now, in the current chapters, more and more people are starting to belive in him, starting to belive in the false hope.

Comments will be welcome ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Only two lines on Slan but fully developed paragraphs on Conrad and Ubik? That's some imagination you have...

Void's ignorance of possibilities? To me, its just the opposite. His panel in volume 13, after Slan's mention of foreseeable possibilities, seems to me to infers that he knew more than the others. Perhaps even about SK's intervention.

Of course, what the hell do we know? We haven't seen the other God Hand in their true forms for over 13 volumes. Besides, their personalities aren't the heart of the matter. Their intentions are what concern me.

DarkBlademaster

Walter said:
Only two lines on Slan but fully developed paragraphs on Conrad and Ubik?

Well i really didnt think anything i could say about her would actully be somthing that no one has thought of.

Smith said:
Your imagination really amaze me :eek:

What can I say, when im bored i think ;D

I

Italian_demon

AngelX said:
Well I've done some thinking, and I have thought of each gods hand form, and how it relates to themselves.

Slann- This is the most obvious one. She is sexy, so the best word for her is that she is a temptress. I cant really tell you anything you havn't realized yet.

Ubik- I have done some thinking, and even if there has not been that much information on Ubik, I have related him to another charecter who shares alot of his traits. Foss. With their problem of dwarfism out of the way for now, they both decieve and control for the problem to work. Ubik decived griffith with his childhood memories, causing griffith to give in, just as Foss has decieved the the nobels who planed to assassinate griffith by burning them alive, or at least took part in the plan. Also, back to his size, he seems to be coming up short compared to all the other god hand members. However his charisma and cunning make up for that. So basicly he is viewed as deception and (cant find 1 word for this) coming up short.

Conrad-Like Ubik, He is not mentioned as much either, but
when i reread volume 17, I noticed he took shape from rats. So in the end i finalized that he was the rats all along, which spread the disease. He is not a big talker, but he talks only when nesissary, and when he does, its loud as hell (first eclipes). Like the plague, he could be called the "silent killer", not being realized until it is too late. So he can be viewed as disease and silence (as in death).

Void-Now even though he was the one who talked the most (aside from slann), he was very hard to draw a conclusion from. But then I realized his face. His brain sticks out (bigger then a normal head) and his eyes are sowed shut. The large brain could show that he is very wise, and probably knows more then any of the other god hand members (if they dont know the same stuff). However, his eyes are sowed shut, which shows his ignornace of possibilities. Just as in the 1st eclipes, as wise as he is about fate, he did not forsee skull knight coming in to save the day. The rest of him, like the frount part of his face being pulled off by a string and stuff like that could just hint that he was tortured. So he could be viewed as the wise but ignorent.

Griffith/Femto form - This was very easy to see why he was like that. It is because what he has went by thoughout the whole story. A hawk. He has the Hawk helmet on his body, and he even has wings. The wings, though, could also symbolize griffiths dream to have a kingdom in the clouds, and those wings will fly him there. He could most likely be viewed as false hope, because in the end, when the hawks needed him most, he sacrificed them. Now, in the current chapters, more and more people are starting to belive in him, starting to belive in the false hope.

Comments will be welcome ;D

About Void i think his eyes shut are a just a sign of the tortures as well..... He was probably tortured to death when the Eclips arrived and the Behelit have been activated by his blood...

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Well, if they are the godhand, then they must exist as an extension of god to fulfill its will. Being unable to perform every task itself, the hand forms tools, which it uses to perform the will of the mind that drives it. The "tools" in this case are apostles, and just as tools have to be shaped, sharpened, forged, or manufactured, so must the raw material for apostles(humans). Each member of godhand possesses skills, abilities, and insights unique to themselves, and all play some role in developing the tool from its raw state. Slann acted as a comforter of sorts at the eclipse, showing Griffith that things would turn out fine after he accepted his fate. Ubik played the part of the wise councillor, showing Griffith the path he had taken, and how such a path had only two possible destinations: Hell or wish-fulfillment. Conrad acted as a witness to the event, and an exhorter(a loud one). Finally, Void was the authority charged with hearing Griffith's decision and meting out judgement accordingly. Of course, this only the final forging process. The GH spend time shaping, chipping, grinding, melting and reforming the entire world of man to find promising people to make into tools..

DarkBlademaster

Very interesting, Yama. I would like to add that femto, as a godshand, ended up leading the apostles, the last GF to shape the "tools". (He is still a godshand, I dont see why him being the most recent makes him any different from the others).

I

Italian_demon

DemonX said:
Very interesting, Yama. I would like to add that femto, as a godshand, ended up leading the apostles, the last GF to shape the "tools". (He is still a godshand, I dont see why him being the most recent makes him any different from the others).

My Theory to comment:

If you noticed Griffit got the Most important finger of the Altar shaped as a Hand (is it called "the index figure"??), and certainly Idea planned since the beginning to make him the Reincarned GH so he actually is if not the Leader of the GHs at least the most important between them!
Idea says to Griffit "be as you wish" and something like "your Will is my will..."
Seems like Griffit and Idea wish the same thing... probably to have their own world... So i guess the other GHs are just tools themselves to prepare the fifth to reincarn and throught him to prepare the descent of Idea into the New World!!
Idea is an entity but someway not yet able to be a living complete Entity, i think that the last Goal of IDEA is to be a "living entity" with a Soul and a body and a material world to live in!! (that's why he collects flesh and meat... not just souls!!)
If he's been created by humans common conscience, and this is his own force's source, he probably is not indipendent by them as well... not before he'll have his own body and world to live in, at that point he won't need humans anymore, or he'll just be their Master!
But he needs to reincarn into the human world and somehow to destroy the barriers between the different levels of the dimentions to arrive to his final Goal!
According to the Enciclopedia there are no Entities allowed to penetrate 3 dimentional layers... Maybe that's why he sent Griffit to Melt the human and the Spiritual world??

What i wonder about is: is Griffit destinated to be Idea himself in the End of "world's melting" process or just the greatest Tool throught which Idea moves??

I'm waiting comments ;)

i think griffith was kinda like beta vcr's,

it seemed like a really good idea at the time  :D,

but whether it was great or not,

it didnt catch on,

in this case, he might possibly be destroyed by a large metal object ;D,

in which idea would have to come up with a new patent 8)

- c

Top Bottom