Other good works of music by Susumu Hirasawa??

B

Beave

I went over to cdjapan, and they have all sorts of other albums of his, but you can't get any clips to listen to like with cdnow, etc. so I can't test them out. Has anyone listened to any non-Berserk work of Hirasawa's? Is it any good? Any recommendations from all the albums he's released?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I have a few of his albums. Susumu's work is very hit or miss, in my opinion. He is very experimental. My favorite album of his is easily Kyusai no Gihou. Other great ones are Aurora and Kenja no Propeller.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Can someone give me some info on his song "Online Malaysia"? I like it very much, it's easily my favorite Hirasawa song. I can't find info online about it.

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
I have all his albums and some he did with other musicians, some live videos, videoclips and a few soundtracks.

http://s-hirasawa.com/hirasawa/e/index.htm

You can find info there, on s-hirasawa.com, the official site (it has some samples i think).

The song "On line Malaysia" is from the album "Siren", which is one of my favourites along with Kyusai no Gihou, Kenja no Propeller and Sim City.

The song "Halo" is from his latest album, "Blue Limbo", if you like the feel on that song, i also recommend "Cambodian Limbo".

Like Walter said, Susumu is very experimental on his works, his music sometimes needs to be digested before really appreciate his emotionally intense songwritting.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
All up to Aurora is pretty much "bad".
Solar ray is a great collection of rmxes, and Kyusai along with Blue Limbo are by far the best.
Stay away from anything pre 94 tough... :D

B

Beave

I am assuming that "Philosopher's Propellor" is Kenja no Propeller, and that Kyusai no Gihou is "Technique of Relief."

Thanks for the input everyone. The general consesus seemed to be those two albums plus Blue Limbo are the best-- or atleast, the most people agreed that they were good. Although Siren and Aurora each got mentioned as well. Cool. Sounds like the post '94 tip was very true. Probably start out with Kyusasi no Gihou. !!

B

Beave

Sorry for the two posts in a row--

A question though--
Did Susumu do the music for Millenium Actress too? I think I saw a link to it or something on the webpage you suggested Nightcrawler. Very cool if that's the fact-- that Susumu did the original soundtrack-- as I already enjoyed, in particular, the music to that movie, without knowing if it was his or not.

Does anyone know for sure about this?
edit: yes, I do. I looked a wee bit more, and indeed he did do the soundtrack to Millenium Actress, which is very very cool news.

Oh, and I know this is going to sound stupid, but is Susumu his first name or his last name? I assumed it was his surname, but perhaps they changed the order around for foreigners?

B

Beave

Meaning Hirasawa is his surname? I'm sorry but you're answer was unclear. Are you listing it in the american order, or the Japanese order? That was the point of my whole question, I couldn't tell which "version" they were posting it in.

nir085

Horse and Armor
Speaking of the guy who made the Berserk music, does anyone know who did the vocals for the Kenpuu Denki OST? I initially assumed it was Susumu because I wasn't thinking, but then I realized that if Susumu chose to sing, he would either sing in his own language or learn to or get someone who could fucking speak english. The people who did the vocals for "Tell me why" and "Waiting so long" had atrocious accents. Why the fuck did they try to sing in english in the first place if it was an anime that originated in Japan?

Top Bottom