Passing on the armour...

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
It is obvious that guts won't be wearing the Berserker indefinitely, as the strain and damage it inflicts on his body would eventually become irreparable . Still, it would be a waste to dump such a fine piece of enchanted wargear.

So i ask: who do you think will be the next wearer of the BA in guts' little band?

I think it's possible (not likely but possible) that Guts might use the Armour til the time he fights Griffith, and it would be interesting to see Guts go Berserk during the final Battle but then there might be something more interesting ready for the last fight.

Anyway If he does stop using it it's gone, and it won't be used by any other member of his group.

Why would they? When it comes to the point where Guts says "not even I can handle this anymore, it has majorly fucked me up and I was totally reckless to use it for as long as I did" or something do you think Isidoro or Serpico will be going with their hands up "ohhh ohhh me me me me next, I wanna try it!"

Nup, they will either leave it somewhere safe or just destroy it totally.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
redria said:
puck! ::)
thats a good question actually
As Once posted by a7051 on the hawks Strix from Skullknight, 

Damn, wrong armor. ;D
But still a funny pic. ;D

I agree with Sparnage, If or when he ditches the armor, it will most likely be distroyed, since the armor wasn't to be taken lightly.  Which was why Flora had kept it sealed.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
IgnusDei said:
It is obvious that guts won't be wearing the Berserker indefinitely, as the strain and damage it inflicts on his body would eventually become irreparable . Still, it would be a waste to dump such a fine piece of enchanted wargear.

So i ask: who do you think will be the next wearer of the BA in guts' little band?
Your question makes the assumption that the cycle of Causality will continue after Guts' final confrontation (whoever it may be with). I believe Guts will be Berserk's Armor's final owner.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
As Once posted by a7051 on the hawks,

Damn, wrong armor. ;D
But still a funny pic. ;D

Yeah, well, no need to quote his name, since he just took it from Strix (which is a member here btw).

As for the armor, I also believe Guts will be its final owner, and my guess would be that he'll find some way of using it without losing himself in Elfhelm, otherwise he'll obviously have to do without it.

The key to a better control might also be to simply heal Slann's wound, it was what triggered the transformation in the first place, and what helps bringing out the Beast every time.

I don't think it's obvious that he won't be wearing it indefinitely at all. If anything it's kinda pointing towards him being slowly consumed by it - possibly becoming a shell of his former self, Skully style. But other than Lord Miura, who knows.

Just something that crossed my mind;

One way or another he does have to obtain more power than he currently has to fight Griffith with a chance, thats fact so what if he leaves the Berserker armour somewhere for safe keeping in the near future when it does become too much for him (which at this stage is quiet plausible), then decides to go back to the normal Black swordsman once again and slowly becomes stronger naturally or at least by safer methods.

Towards the end of the Manga the inevitable battle against Griffith finds itself coming ever closer, Guts realises that he still isn't strong enough to kill Griffith despite the progress he has made since he abandoned that armour, so he reluctantly comes back for it's dangerous power for the final battle.

By that stage he would have become much stronger than he currently is (prehaps even with in current beast mode?), so when he uses it for the first time in prehaps years his current strength combined with the Armour (and probably losing himself to the beast once more) would give him incredible power unlike we have ever seen him with, and the chance to kill a reborn demon king.

I have heard Miura said he wanted to keep Guts human, so unlike Skullknight his final step to obtaining such power could inevitably lie in the Berserker armour as thats pushing his humanity to the limits when it takes over him as it is.

When they finally catch up to this elf king we should expect great things to happen to start a new era, Caska becoming sane once again is of course would be the biggest news but on top of that it is a chance for Guts to finally have his etheral wound well and truely healed as something Flora never had a chance to do, so on top of that I believe there is a chance he will help Guts to essentially augment his body. Prehaps that will be the chance for him to make the decision to leave the Armour with him, oblivious to the fact that he may one day call upon it's power to take over him once again.

Well thats my take on the situation anyway, at least some of that could happen. :)

BTW if no one has thought of this theory before in the past for future speculation then I got dips on it.

Valtial

"Perhaps one day I will be able to Destroy them"
I believe he will continue to use the armor until the final battle. I just think that the power of the armor is necessary to even hold a candle to the enemies he will need to face.
Just like how he needs the Dragonslayer to destroy the higher powers he needs the Berserk Armor. Perhaps in those last moments he will realize how to let go of his hate, enhancing the power of the armor even more and shed the chains that weaken his sword.

I

Italian_demon

Walter said:
Your question makes the assumption that the cycle of Causality will continue after Guts' final confrontation (whoever it may be with).  I believe Guts will be Berserk's Armor's final owner.

Cycle??
Isn't the Destiny running in a spiral now??

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Italian_demon said:
Cycle??
Isn't the Destiny running in a spiral now??

It's not just now, it was like that before... And yes, Causality (not destiny) is a spiral from what Flora said.

Now, he said cycle and not circle, and a spiral can go through cycles, that's why some events happen in a similar fashion recurrently (the Occultation and its mirroring during Griffith's incarnation ceremony), but with differences, even minor ones.

I

Italian_demon

Aazealh said:
It's not just now, it was like that before... And yes, Causality (not destiny) is a spiral from what Flora said.

Now, he said cycle and not circle, and a spiral can go through cycles, that's why some events happen in a similar fashion recurrently (the Occultation and its mirroring during Griffith's incarnation ceremony), but with differences, even minor ones.

Thx Master i've never noticed the difference in Italian I'd say it in a different way ;)
When "casuality" is not casual but planned as Idea mannipulates it, i don't feel very confortable in using it as word

Sparnage said:
One way or another he does have to obtain more power than he currently has to fight Griffith with a chance, thats fact so what if he leaves the Berserker armour somewhere for safe keeping in the near future when it does become too much for him (which at this stage is quiet plausible), then decides to go back to the normal Black swordsman once again and slowly becomes stronger naturally or at least by safer methods.

Yeah but we don't even know how powerful Griffith is yet so we do not know whether or not he'll need it

NeoBerserker said:
Yeah but we don't even know how powerful Griffith is yet so we do not know whether or not he'll need it

I am going to assume Griffiths true power is way beyond that of Guts even with the Armour, but has yet to show his full abilities.

Sparnage said:
I am going to assume Griffiths true power is way beyond that of Guts even with the Armour, but has yet to show his full abilities.

His power probaly is more powerful than Gatts but i was thinking, what if they are not that much more powerful than apostles and they are mainly just seen as "holy" creatures like priests or something.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
it's not really a question getting enough raw power to match Griffith, but whether or not Guts earns the mere capabiliity of killing him. A cobra is pretty weak compared to a full sized human being, but its bite is still fatal, no?

IgnusDei said:
it's not really a question getting  enough raw power to match Griffith, but whether or not Guts earns the mere capabiliity of killing him. A cobra is pretty weak compared to a full sized human being, but its bite is still fatal, no?

So the question now is how could Griffith get killed

xechnao said:
So the question now is how could Griffith get killed

Watch their weaknesses are gonna be something like missle toe, and Puck being the comical character he is, is gonna throw some by accident and kill one of them.

IgnusDei said:
A cobra is pretty weak compared to a full sized human being, but its bite is still fatal, no?

Yeah... The cobra might die when he encounter a human, but if he manage to bite that guy in his vital areas... the poison might slowly kill him even after the cobra is dead...

NeoBerserker said:
His power is probaly is more powerful than Guts but i was thinking, what if they are not that much more powerful than apostles and they are mainly just seen as "holy" creatures like priests or something.

The Godhand you mean? If they were but a bit stronger than Apostles then the story would almost not be worth making into an epic over, but I think the power between an Apostle or Godhand (reborn or not) is quiet great and there is much evidence to support that is so.

Griffith being in the physical world certainly makes him the closest Godhand around for Guts to kill, but IMO the Idea of this epic story continuing is the concept of his new goal to hunt down such powerful beings. To me the Idea of him actually managing to kill them is still at this point impossible to even fathom the idea that Guts could succeed, yet he has come too far to just turn around.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
What's probably going to end up happening is that Guts will defeat Griffith with the Berserk Armor, but will ultimately be consumed by it, killing him. But hey, who knows?
Wouldn't it be interesting if Griffith got to it?

Sparnage said:
The Godhand you mean? If they were but a bit stronger than Apostles then the story would almost not be worth making into an epic over, but I think the power between an Apostle or Godhand (reborn or not) is quiet great and there is much evidence to support that is so.

Well it has proved to be an epic so far hasn't it? It was just a suggestion, i was just exploring the possibilities

Boon

On the hilltop he cried, his red eyes made redder
Hi. New to this forum. Just love this manga.

Probably Gutz gets to kill Griffith but the other "Hands of God" (sorry but i really have some difficulty with English translation of the names) would remain untouchable as Griffith is the only one humanised again in flesh. But yeah my money is on Gutz being killed in the end too. Can't imagine him fighting every night till he's 80. Unless his brand is removed upon the death of Griffith. Which would make sense since he was sacrificed by Griffith in the first place.

My guess though is that when Gutz and gang reaches the supposedly elf homeland, they are likely to be met with a destroyed one. Since Griffith didn't take chances with Sherkie's teacher he wouldn't leave the witches who are living in the elfland too. The moonchild most probably is the elf king who will become an ally. Maybe he escaped or something. I don't really think Miura will end up having Gutz leading an army of elves.

Who knows... Gutz might become an ally of the Kushans in fighting Griffith's army? :p

Top Bottom