Half Life 2 Vs Halo 2 Vs Doom 3 Vs Killzone Vs ...

First person Shooter of the year in your opinion?

• Halo 2

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Half Life 2

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Doom 3

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • KillZone

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Call Of Duty United Defensive

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Unreal Tournament 2004

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Battlefield Vietnam

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E

ELEKTROFUNK

Yea CoD is pretty sweet, great Single player campaign (the best for a WW2 shooter and one of the bests for fps imo) and it is also pretty good to play online or at LAN's.

IMO...

Halo 2: The inferior Half life 2 for X box. ::)

Doom 3: Good for a scare and intense gaming, but very repetitive at times.   

KillZone: Never played it.   

Call Of Duty United Defensive: Good for a bit of fun, but nothing brilliant.   

Unreal Tournament 2004: The same as the others but with better graphics and Vehicles, I got bored with it after not too long myself.   

Battlefield Vietnam: Good for some fun but more or less the same as the other battlefields.

I'll put my vote on Half Life 2. So far I have only seen it played to be honest, but so far alot of gamers I trust with very high standards all say it's great fun. Can't wait to play it.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

ZODDGUTSU said:
OMG Where's Metroid Prime 2: Echoes??? :p

I Own Metroid Prime and I think it sucks. Sure nice graphics but sucky gameplay and the Freelook is usuless while shooting in that game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ELEKTROFUNK said:
I Own Metroid Prime and I think it sucks. Sure nice graphics but sucky gameplay and the Freelook is usuless while shooting in that game.
Yeah and the game makes you read. If I wanted to read, I'd pick up a book! What a bunch of crap.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Metal Soldier said:
Killzone has generally been panned by all critics.

Killzone isn't as bad as the critics said it was, the game was just overhyped, the controls are descent and the single player is also descent, multiplayer is "ok" but nothing worthplaying making you come back after maybe a couple of days playing online specially since the weapons seem to be very unbalanced (shotgun >all).

Walter said:
Yeah and the game makes you read. If I wanted to read, I'd pick up a book! What a bunch of crap.

nah not really, I am just used to playing alot of first person shooters, and the controls of that game just suck, Anyhow for reading I have a bunch of books that I have not yet finished reading and that I want to read ( I am reading being and Nothingness by Jean Paul Satre at the moment ) , plus I need to finish reading 3 more books to finish getting my MCSE certification before the end of the year (I passed test 70-290 today :D yay! I only need to finish my core exams :D)

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Halo 2 - Best FPS I've ever played, gets a little repetitive at parts in the single player game, but multiplayer is incredible. You could litterally entertain yourself for hours online hopping from game to game. And the guest feature is pretty good, considering alot of my friends don't have an Xbox.0

Doom 3- Very pretty graphics, but it's all in all a pretty boring game.

KillZone- I was very dissapointed with this "Halo-killer" my ass, this game didn't live up to it's hype at all. But then again, I knew it wouldn't.

Call Of Duty United Defensive- Has some cool moments when the music just gets you pumped and you rush out to battle, but all in all it's just your average PC shooter, I can't really see anything outstanding about it.

Unreal Tournament 2004- I have to say, I kind of hate this game. Maybe it's just because people claim it's the best FPS ever, but it's way to fast paced and you just charge around jumping shooting rockets wildly, while shitty "hardcore" music plays and an announcer tries to sound badass or "in ecstasy"

Battlefield Vietnam- Same as Call of Duty.

Half-Life 2- Haven't played it yet, and it looks pretty, some of the best graphics I've seen, but I can't see whats so innovative about it. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it basically just looks like a suped up version of the first one.

E

ELEKTROFUNK

Wah wah wah said:
Unreal Tournament 2004- I have to say, I kind of hate this game. Maybe it's just because people claim it's the best FPS ever, but it's way to fast paced and you just charge around jumping shooting rockets wildly, while shitty "hardcore" music plays and an announcer tries to sound badass or "in ecstasy"

There is much more skill involved in ut2k3/4 than just running around shooting rockets ( takes to much time to master that game I really never did) you probably didn't play outside the public srvrs.

Wah wah wah said:
Half-Life 2- Haven't played it yet, and it looks pretty, some of the best graphics I've seen, but I can't see whats so innovative about it. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, and it basically just looks like a suped up version of the first one.

Neither does Halo 2 :) hehe

btw Battlefield 2 looks really sweet and so does the new medal of honor game.

Walter said:

Most Nintendo Games Make you Read. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Make You Read ALOT And Does Tales of Symphonia. Wait thats a Namco Game. Anyway Metroid Prime 2: Echoes dosnt suck, it just makes you read.

ELEKTROFUNK said:

Well Metroid Prime Plays like the first one so if you like the first one then 2 wont be much diffent, so i think 2 is better then the first.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Headless Death said:
Yes, they are all first person shooters, but not all first person shooters are the same game. :D

:D

:-\

:(

>:(

:-X

Sick.gif

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!!

d00kiemastah

All I want to do is...bicycle.
If I'm not mistaken, it has literally changed systems four times now. I've now been waiting for the game for over half of my life.

Top Bottom