Alucard, Vash and Dante

Lithrael said:
Aw, c'mon.  Episode 6 is great.  And the soundtrack is a lot of fun.
But yes, of course, the manga is where the good is at.  Yay gore!  Yay Rip!  Aw, Rip.

...what volume are they up to in Japan?  I only have up to 6, is 8 really out already?  Or do you mean the stuff that will be in 8 is out in Young King Ours?

I liked the hellsing anime until like incognito....The manga is better though cause it has pip!!!!

I could be and probably am wrong but i thought they just finished v.7 and  Victoria is kicking so much ass and taking names. She rocks my socks. A lot of crazy shit is going down its awesomeness.

I think with alucard and his imense power you are suppose to kind of wonder WHY he is so powerful like exactly what the hell is he.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
That doesn't really work for a main character, your supposed to go through some changes with the main character, and see them progressing, not just see them shredding up random beasts while cocking their gun with their teeth.

I think it's pretty much a given that Alucard is supposed to be Dracula anyway...

And don't even call Ceres a main character, she's an empty husk with big breasts.

With Alucard
hes more than that though. Yes he is Dracula but also hes more powerful because the organization i believe experimented on him perhaps? and with the shit hes pulling right now im kinda confused to exactly what he is or what he is capable of.

With Seras

in the anime maybe

in the manga no

The characterization of Victoria is very different.

Well you have to remember that Alucard is really Dracula, the first vampire (that is if Drac is supposed to be the first in the Hellsing series).  With that said, his powers should border on godlike.  Maybe not that extreme but he's definitly no chump.  Lesser creatures should be nothing to him.  More powerful foes should be able to hold their own against him for it would certainly make things more interesting.  But ultimately he will come out on top because he's been around for so long, being the first, there is no vampire greater than him.  And if vamps power increase as they age or during a state of dormancy then Alucard is extremely tough, being as he was imprisoned by the first Van Helsing to be much later awakened by the young Integra.

Azn He-Man666

Shouki Slann said:
in the anime maybe

in the manga no
Note that I was talking about the anime through the entire topic, and repeatedly stated I liked the manga.

dwarfkicker said:
Well you have to remember that Alucard is really Dracula, the first vampire (that is if Drac is supposed to be the first in the Hellsing series). With that said, his powers should border on godlike. Maybe not that extreme but he's definitly no chump. Lesser creatures should be nothing to him. More powerful foes should be able to hold their own against him for it would certainly make things more interesting. But ultimately he will come out on top because he's been around for so long, being the first, there is no vampire greater than him. And if vamps power increase as they age or during a state of dormancy then Alucard is extremely tough, being as he was imprisoned by the first Van Helsing to be much later awakened by the young Integra.
Look up a couple posts at mine, I know that he's supposed to be Dracula, his name is enough proof of that.

I just don't see how it's possible to like an action series where the main character can't even be challenged. The only person in the anime who even gave him a little trouble was Incognito, and when Alucard unlocked his "true power" or whatever he crushed him to.

Shouki Slann said:
With Alucard
hes more than that though. Yes he is Dracula but also hes more powerful because the organization i believe experimented on him perhaps? and with the shit hes pulling right now im kinda confused to exactly what he is or what he is capable of.

With Seras

in the anime maybe

in the manga no

The characterization of Victoria is very different.
Read my other posts would you, I said I liked the manga, I know Seras is better in the manga...

And I don't think Alucard was really experimented on so much as held in prison for a really long time.

Azn He-Man666

dwarfkicker said:
I know you mentioned he was Drac, I was just reiterating as to why he can be viewed as so powerful.
Thanks for the reminder  ;)

And I imagine this topic has kind of deviated, so I apologize to Alucard... the topic creator, not the character in question.

Wah wah wah said:
That doesn't really work for a main character, your supposed to go through some changes with the main character, and see them progressing, not just see them shredding up random beasts while cocking their gun with their teeth.

None of the characters in the anime are really dynamic at all except for Seras. Now Alucard is 567 years old. How much change do you expect him to go through. Hes old and insane. 

Wah wah wah said:
I just don't see how it's possible to like an action series where the main character can't even be challenged. ,

Integra and Seras I would honestly say are more main characters in the anime than alucard is actually.  A large portion of the anime is devoted to victoria's dealing with her new life even her past. I know you, however, find her to be an empty character but i disagree. Yes, she can be quite annoying and at moments dense, but she is suppose to be gradually growing through out the show. There is your heroic main character whether you choose to like her or not though is your business but i can understand why some pll tend not to like her.

And Integra, while not exactly being a completely dynamic character, does deal with hardships and struggle  too. So I guess people like the anime because really it is not just about Alucard, the unstopable.

To be honest, I don't mind an unstoppable character here and there. It mixes things up. Two equals duking it out make for a more intense battle. But a one sided fight is cool now and then.

Azn He-Man666

Shouki Slann said:
None of the characters in the anime are really dynamic at all except for Seras. Now Alucard is 567 years old. How much change do you expect him to go through. Hes old and insane. 

Integra and Seras I would honestly say are more main characters in the anime than alucard is actually.  A large portion of the anime is devoted to victoria's dealing with her new life even her past. I know you, however, find her to be an empty character but i disagree. Yes, she can be quite annoying and at moments dense, but she is suppose to be gradually growing through out the show. There is your heroic main character whether you choose to like her or not though is your business but i can understand why some pll tend not to like her.

And Integra, while not exactly being a completely dynamic character, does deal with hardships and struggle  too. So I guess people like the anime because really it is not just about Alucard, the unstopable.
Like I said I hate the anime, all the characters are shells and almost charicatures of themselves in the manga.

And seriously your reading way too much into it, people don't watch this anime for Integra and Seras, they watch it for Alucard, and maybe a little for Seras's breasts, and I have to admit Anderson is pretty badass in the anime as well as the manga.

However if you want to discuss the manga with me, I'd be more then happy to have a humoungous discussion on "what it's all about"

And Dwarfkicker, seriously I'd take the final fight in s-CRY-ed over the final fight in Hellsing any day. Completley one sided fights are cool once in a series, other then that they just bore me. It's just like Hellsing has a bunch of awesome side characters Anderson, Yan, Luc and such, yet they all just end up jobbing to Alucard in the end, it's really dissapointing.

(well Yan jobs to Ceres, but she needs it to show how powerful she's become I suppose... or at least thats their attempt at it)

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Wah wah wah said:
It's more that in the anime Alucard pretty much creams everything he comes up against, and you never feel he's in any real danger.

Ahhhh..  Ok, now I see what you mean.  I guess I could enjoy it despite his ridiculously unmatched power, because by the time I got far enough into the anime to see how stupid strong he was, I had started reading the manga and so I couldn't be arsed to be interested enough in the anime to care about the dull ending.  Best of both worlds and all that.  

Azn He-Man666

Lithrael said:
Ahhhh..  Ok, now I see what you mean.  I guess I could enjoy it despite his ridiculously unmatched power, because by the time I got far enough into the anime to see how stupid strong he was, I had started reading the manga and so I couldn't be arsed to be interested enough in the anime to care about the dull ending.  Best of both worlds and all that.  
Yeah I like the manga alot, too bad it releases so slowly...

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Alucard said:
Wait...  What?  I have no idea what you just said.

But it is done way too much.  Why are all three characters that much alike.  Whats more none of them are human.  Vash is a plant, Alucard is a vampire and Dante is a half demon.  I would sue.  Its like if a movie came out and everyone wore Armani and shades everywhere.  Wichouwskis would sue because they stole the look of the Matrix.  Anyway Vash acts too wimpy to be badass.
If you look at what are doing DC and Marvel at each other...they rip-off even what the competitor has ripped off from them ;D

Wah wah wah said:
Like I said I hate the anime, all the characters are shells and almost charicatures of themselves in the manga.

i can respect that.

Wah wah wah said:
And seriously your reading way too much into it, people don't watch this anime for Integra and Seras, they watch it for Alucard, and maybe a little for Seras's breasts, and I have to admit Anderson is pretty badass in the anime as well as the manga.

maybe thats what you watched it for and yea probably some other people too but, yea i certainly did read much more into it .I also know a plethora of others who did as well. Theres deeper issues in the show besides seras' assets and alucard killing things.

Wah wah wah said:
However if you want to discuss the manga with me, I'd be more then happy to have a humoungous discussion on "what it's all about"

Sure You can catch me on aim sometime! Otherwise, You can catch me at www.thehellsing.org forums or the impure-souls forum which is down still but the community lives on at the www.fear-the-dark.com forums and even though i dont post there www.bloodknight.net also has a kick ass community for discussion.

Wah wah wah said:
(well Yan jobs to Ceres, but she needs it to show how powerful she's become I suppose... or at least thats their attempt at it)

Yan got the better of Seras. He elbowed her in the head and left her and Walter to deal with the ghouls. Granted she went berserk on them but Integra took yan and out and then the rest of the ghouls. Seras doesn't really become "powerful" until the end and still in the anime its not really anything spectacular she does.

Azn He-Man666

Shouki Slann said:
Yan got the better of Seras. He elbowed her in the head and left her and Walter to deal with the ghouls. Granted she went berserk on them but Integra took yan and out and then the rest of the ghouls. Seras doesn't really become "powerful" until the end and still in the anime its not really anything spectacular she does.
Thats why she put him a police headlock and slammed him on the ground with little to no effort.

And to be fair Integra didn't kill Yan, he killed himself. She fired the bullets in his face but was just waiting for him to answer a question, he makes the spark that makes the bullets go off while laughing manically.

Wah wah wah said:
Thats why she put him a police headlock and slammed him on the ground with little to no effort.

Yes, and then he elbowed her in the head and took off.

Wah wah wah said:
And to be fair Integra didn't kill Yan, he killed himself. She fired the bullets in his face but was just waiting for him to answer a question, he makes the spark that makes the bullets go off while laughing manically.

True indeed but she basically had him cornered. There was nothing he could do except kill himself. so yea integra didn't exactly kill yan, thats true, but to say that seras took care of yan though would be way off.

Dude though we should stop muckin up the topic like ya said earlier im me or go to the hellsing forums.

Wah wah wah said:
Oh and for the record, Hellsing the anime is shit.

Agreed... Oh no wait I take it back the words I really wants to use to describe Hellsing anime is "A Huge dissapointment"  "Overated" yup but that's just mine opinion there.  ;)

But I wouldn't be surprise if the manga is better than the anime since the mangaka hasn't allowed Gonzo the animation company to do a second season. :p

It's moreso that in the anime Alucard pretty much creams everything he comes up against, and you never feel he's in any real danger.

That's one of the main problems I had with the anime he was well too invincible. :-X

The only character that I really like was Anderson other than that I didn't care much for any of the characters.

btw The Trailer for Hellsing is is better than the series itself lol. Sigh I was so pumped wanting to watch the series after I saw th trailer but then was dissapointed by how the series turned out to be. :-\

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Lithrael said:
Aw, c'mon.  Episode 6 is great.  And the soundtrack is a lot of fun.
But yes, of course, the manga is where the good is at.  Yay gore!  Yay Rip!  Aw, Rip.

...what volume are they up to in Japan?  I only have up to 6, is 8 really out already?  Or do you mean the stuff that will be in 8 is out in Young King Ours?
No, they just came out with the first chapter of volume 8 in Young King... =P

AntMan

I honestly think i sorta look like Gatts
Ok guys.. first of this topic was meant to ask why they all have the same guns.... Well basically the white and black guns.

I can tell you why for both alucard and vash, but i'm guessing for mr Dante

First Vash has the silver gun right? And whats his face (sorry haven't seen trigun in along time) had the black gun. This is to show the contrast between good and evil.

For Alucard it's kinda similar but see it's more of an inner conflict between just going fucking nuts for the hell of it or keeping his promise to Ms. Helsing (i'm going on the anime here... dam you guys know i wanna start reading the manga)

Dante i'm also guessing he has an inner conflict too... I guess

Anyways (based on the anime) I think alucard is all powerful, he basically is the man, and because he's lived so long he enjoys in chaos and destruction (but he has self-control) and honestly how can you go wrong with a protagonist who's FUCKING NUTS!? He's just a big fucking cat and everyone is a mouse. BTW i agree the story totally sucked in the anime, but alucard is hot!

dwarfkicker said:
Vash.............is just a pussy.  I have never seen a character cry so much.
Yep, but when he gets serious,  he can wipe out a city and blow a huge crater in the moon.
BTW, hellsing.keenspace.com is also a good site if you like hellsing.

The topic was similarities between the three characters: 1. They're not human 2. They all have red coats 3. They all have guns of which one is blakc the other white (Vash carried both for fifty years).

People seem less interested in that and more interested in commenting on the series which I have no problem with but I ask that you do it in a thread about Hellsing and its quality. I ask the next mod to see this to make a new thread from where this one derailed. I would love to discuss the subject myself. Thanks in advance. ;)

D

darkbane

Wah wah wah said:
But we all know he was ripping off of Alucard, whom ripped off of Vash. No excuse for the guns, not to mention long white hair in anime is the most trite of all. So combining long white hair with the red coat, and the black and white guns does not make Dante "the ultimate badass" it makes him "the ultimate cliched peice of shit" . Oh yeah, and the whole half demon thing, that makes it even worse.

The only reason Griffith gets away with white hair is because he did it back when it was fresh. And Sephiroth gets away with it because he was the first mainstream white haired villan weilding a katana.

Even Vicious from CB whom I like alot as a character is kind of cliched.

Oh and for the record, Hellsing the anime is shit.

As an aside: None of the mentioned (in this post and in the whole thread) manga/anime are terribly deep or intellectual or anything (My humble opinion, feel free to disagree). So, as a consequence, cliche is ok, since we're talking about second-rate anime (except CB, which I consider to be somewhat better than the other ones mentioned). I'm not sure about the whole sue-everyone-and-everything-that-has-two-legs-and-moves mentality in Japan, but I'm betting it's not nearly as bad over there as in the USA. Anyway I think the characters in question are all different enough for any court case to be a waste of time. OMG, he's wearing a red coat and handling two guns. Let's sue him. I would consider it more of a tip of the hat if anything - it was good enough to want to rip off 8)

darkbane said:
As an aside: None of the mentioned (in this post and in the whole thread) manga/anime are terribly deep or intellectual or anything (My humble opinion, feel free to disagree).

Once you sink your teeth into Berserk that's how all other Manga appears ;D

I'm not sure about the whole sue-everyone-and-everything-that-has-two-legs-and-moves mentality in Japan, but I'm betting it's not nearly as bad over there as in the USA. Anyway I think the characters in question are all different enough for any court case to be a waste of time. OMG, he's wearing a red coat and handling two guns. Let's sue him. I would consider it more of a tip of the hat if anything - it was good enough to want to rip off 

There is a big sue everything mentality in Japan :eek: I thought that was only in the states.

My point is that its a overdone formula. Vash was first (god help us) then came good old Alucard and finnaly Dante. Alot like blondes in Final Fantasy. Or white haired villains (Grifith excluded). But then again thats another thread: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=75e2817f3f304a30a12f6ece0a315355&topic=3958.0

Top Bottom