What's your favorite anime of all time?

Mo

The Warrior
I'm trying to get some ideas on what to watch/buy next, and from experience, I can tell you that there is plenty of garbage out there. I'm fairly new to anime, so I want to know some of your favorite anime's/adult cartoons.

Mine include:
Spawn
X-Men (Mid 90's series, not that crap new one)
Spiderman (mid 90's series, not that crap new one)
Gargoyles
Cowboy beebop
Ninja Scroll

If you've seen Cowboy Bebop, then I suggest Samurai Champloo, which has just aired its 21st episode in Japan (I know they had a dvd release in America, don't know about anywhere else though). The series is directed by the same guy who did Cowboy Bebop.

If you're more into philosophical stuff, then I suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion (my favorite anime btw).  Others who have seen this also suggest Rahxephon.

For a little mix of action, emotion, and drama, I'll suggest Full Metal Alchemist.

incognitoX

you fail me
American:

-Batman the animated series (not the one that's out now..the one that was out back in the mid 90s)
-Spawn
-South Park
-The Tick (not really adult but I loved this series)
-The Critic (underappreciated)

Japanese:
-Berserk (obviously)
-Samurai Champloo
-Ninja Scroll (movie and tv series)
-Record of Lodoss war ova
-Guyver
-Fist of the Northstar (series)
-Vampire Hunter D bloodlust
-Kite

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Berserk
Grappler Baki (Check it Mo, I know you would dig it)
Hellsing
Ranma 1/2 (Ending was garbage)
DBZ (Classic, not the Funi crap)
Return of the OVerfiend (Obvious)
Cool Devices (Obvious 2x)

;D

Edit: One Piece (Not the 4kids version, dirty communists!)

Neon Genises Evangelion (very deep yet still action packed, but, don't whatch the movie unless you wan't a) spoilers and b) a big depression)

The Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) first OAV don't touch the rest unless you pick up the manga.

Hellsing has little plot in the anime (and little more in the manga) but great action and well drawn characters. Bad ass central is Alucard. Not to say he is a deep or complex a character as Gutts of course.

Excel Saga (especially episode 3) if you want to laugh.

Full Metal Panic! is okay and its second season Fumoffu is hillarious even more so than Exel Saga.

American wise... South Park.

Stay away from the Samurai Deeper Kyo, DBZ (sorry saiyajin), Naruto and the new Gundams if you want story and action as deep as Berserk's is. ;)

ghadrack

Not a llama or your momma!
I would add SDF Macross (Japan, not robotech version) to the list of classic anime series worth watching. It has a soap opera vibe at parts, but it is a really monumental series.

Mo

The Warrior
wow thanks guys! I'll be sure to check em out. You guys should really checkout The Spawn series, it's really great. It's for adults and gruesome, but hey, so is berserk. :p

Outlaw Star- for some reason i can watch that series over and over again
Trigun
Bastard
Jin-Roh
FLCL
Twelve Kingdoms
Ghost in the shell
Gundam 8th MS team

And others, but you guys named them

D

darkbane

Here's my Top 10. Some are already mentioned but if they're mentioned more often it just gives them more weight:

Hellsing
Record of Lodoss War TV
Record of Lodoss War OVA
Full Metal Panic (first season)
Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex
.hack SIGN
Rurouni Kenshin OAV
Serial Experiments Lain
Martian Successor Nadesico
Golden Boy

Edit: I say top ten, but Berserk isn't included for obvious reasons. :)

I like some of the main stuff, like Hellsing, Ninja Scroll, Berserk. I have watched multiple other animes, but they just suck compared to the others. Alot of the anime for sale in stores, yes brick and mortar not ebay, are geared towards little kids. When I look at the manga/anime sections in most places, it is bright green, purple, neon yellow, and five year olds running around. Most of the places don't even carry Berserk because it is too "violent". That upsets me because it is still one of the top selling mangas in the U.S.. Oh well, as long as it does well, who am I to complain ?

- C

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The only three I've ever enjoyed watching, and in order of appreciation:

Legend of Galactic Heroes
Slam Dunk
Berserk

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
My favorite anime series is Rurouni Kenshin seasons 1 and 2 and the two OVAs. Next in line would have to be Berserk.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
My top 3 favorite series:

Escaflowne
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (well, it's an OAV, but...)
Berserk

From then on all the rest of my faves become a disorganized mass of other stuff I like.

Hmmm....

Berserk
Scryed
X
Full Metal Panic
Trigun
Puni Puni Poemi
Samurai X (all OVA's over the Wandering Samurai series anyday)
Gantz
GITS

And of course classics like Akira and Ninja Scroll.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
RISE FROM THE GRAVE!

Well its not so much of all time... but I just got done with Love Hina... Good stuff!

Im into the whole romantic slap stick comedy. Also im glad cause it had a fucking REAL RESOLUTION.

Anyone else have any suggestions for around the same type of genre? I have the whole Full Metal Panic which is kinda....sorta.... like it... but with mechs... yea... anyways! :guts:

EDIT: Oh yea, another thing, just got done with Samurai Deeper Kyo.... yea... it had its moments but the ending sucked the ball sack like you wouldnt believe.... yea... :sigh:

Favourite anime series:

Berserk
Vision Of Escaflowne
One Piece
Tekkaman Blade
Transformers Galaxy Force
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Naruto
X: The Series
SDF Macross, Macross Plus and Macross Zero

Favourite American cartoons:

Batman: The Animated Series
Justice League Unlimited
Beast Wars
Spawn
The Tick

My personal favorites would include:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Both seasons)
Gungrave
Trigun
Berserk
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories
Monster
Tenchi Muyo! OVA
Record of Lodoss War OVA

Top Bottom