Walk Down the Right Back Alley in Sin City...

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
"Griffith No More!" said:
*bump*

So, has anyone located a quality high resolution trailer yet? :)

I have. It's super fucking high quality. But you need to watch the Aviator to see it [I liked it]. It's one of the trailers. Now I should be off to basic training monday. Good day!

I feel like an ass with what I posted earlier.  I only watched the lady in red clip, I didn't watch the actual trailer.  This movie looks pretty cool.  Just not a fan of the whole black and white bit.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, it's not like any good movies have been made in black & white...

Anyway, since everyone failed to find me a high quality trailer, I had to do it myself, which if you know me, you know I HATE. =)

http://images.apple.com/movies/miramax/sin_city/sin_city_m480.mov

This one is actually a little different, some speed effects, and more high contrast to make it look even more like the comics. Though, it also looks a little funky in this trailer; pixely, so yet another trailer will bew needed I'm afraid. =)

I'm not saying black and white is this horrible thing. I'm just saying I perfer my movies to be in color. Black and white won't make or break this movie.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Black and white won't make or break this movie.

You shouldn't think so. Black and White isn't just a lack of color. And in this precise case, it was the right choice.

The use of B&W and choiced color gives it a "style"

the comic did it , so the movie will do it.

If it was all color it would lose some of the style it has, the B&W gives it a nice old film Noir style about it. With the added choiced colors giving it a certain comic'ish type effect.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
Aazealh said:
You shouldn't think so. Black and White isn't just a lack of color. And in this precise case, it was the right choice.

Movie is not exactly black and white. It uses color to highlight some of the main points in the scene, which i think is pretty cool. Just watch the trailer that griff posted, you will notice alot.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DemonX said:
Movie is not exactly black and white. It uses color to highlight some of the main points in the scene, which i think is pretty cool. Just watch the trailer that griff posted, you will notice alot.

I saw that already, I wasn't restraining what I said first to this precise movie. And I think that it's indeed a good idea to have some colored stuff in it.

BiQ_

" ... "
Since AFAIK it's now in theatres, at least in US, how about someone tells us lowly Europeans if it's worth it?

Griffith

dwarfkicker said:
What an awesome movie.  Definitly worth the 20 bucks I spent in total.

Yeah, what the fuck? I go to a matinee showing and buy a small popcorn and small drink... $16 fucking bucks. I should own a movie for that kinda scratch.

Anyway, I gotta see it again with my dad.

"Griffith No More!" said:
Yeah, what the fuck? I go to a matinee showing and buy a small popcorn and small drink... $16 fucking bucks. I should own a movie for that kinda scratch.

Anyway, I gotta see it again with my dad.

Damn, they got my number. ^_^;

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Saw it last night. It was a fun ride. My initial discomfort about the lack of realism and the sometimes overly-dramatic cinematography was squashed when i told myself it's based on a comic-book, and to calm down about wanting 100% realism. I think that's whats going to hurt the movie's recieving to less forgiving audiences. But once I accepted that, it was awesome. Its a visual candy store.

I think That Yellow Bastard was my favorite story of the three.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I would have to go with Marv's section as my favorite. The whole movie was great though, and well worth my money.

Griffith

Marv's story was always my favorite, remains the same in the movie. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't have minded seeing that story in it's entirety, done more brutal and realisically, and paced for feature length. But that's just me. ;)

Saw it again with Dad; liked it more the second time.

Post a comment in Griff's Sin City livejournal?

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I haven't read any of the comics, so when I saw Sin City last night I had no idea what to expect. The movie blew me away. I can't wait to see it again tomorrow with my friends for the second time. I'm sure I'll enjoy it just as much as I did the first time. ;D

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I found this article very interesting.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/600/600858p1.html

Added footage sounds great to me. ;)

Griffith

Kakkoii_Guts said:
I found this article very interesting.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/600/600858p1.html

Added footage sounds great to me. ;)

Sounds great, it's basically what I asked for above. I love all people named Rodriguez.

I wonder why he didn't use name placards during the film itself, it's cliche, but perfectly justified in this case.

What a ridiculous film.

I'll be seeing it again tomorrow.

It was totally bizarre, and my reaction was the same as Wally's. I was a little worried about all the branches the story had taken and them not having anything to do with each other, but it feels like they tied it up rather nicely.

It was completely over-the-top and I would have loved to see it done a bit more realistically, but he certainly accomplished what he set out for.

I'm not completely sure how I feel about it. There were parts that I liked more than others (Elijah Wood is a fucking freak, no matter what he's in), so I'll have to see how I feel about it after the 2nd viewing tomorrow.

Top Bottom