Author Topic: Will Griffith be able to REALLY love a girl?  (Read 12784 times)

Offline bakaneko

• Of the Interstice
  • Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Re: Will Griffith be able to REALLY love a girl?
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2002, 01:47:31 PM »
well I dont think Casca will ever hate Griffith as Guts would even after she finds out what he did to her and the hawks... and if they ever meet again we can expect Guts charging before talking again...

Drachenfels

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2002, 03:13:19 PM »
well I dont think Casca will ever hate Griffith as Guts would even after she finds out what he did to her and the hawks...

Yeah, right...  ::)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by 1031209200 »

Offline Kuroi-san

• Of the Nexus
  • Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2002, 02:20:28 AM »
OK, so you killed all my friends, raped me and made my love watch as you did it. Hmmm... you're forgiven!

I don't think so.
You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe. What's it gonna be?

Offline *Gyom*

• Of the Vortex
  • around the corner
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2002, 02:35:04 AM »
Griffith is her child, now
and she won't find recomfort with Guts, this is frankly plausible that she chooses Griffith instead of Guts
depends of her state of mine, mmm...

Offline mpd_psycho

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2002, 03:15:35 AM »
do u think that Griffith is fully aware that he's using Casca's baby for his rebirth?....i dont think so....

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2002, 03:17:44 AM »
I can easily see Casca both wanting revenge and not. Whichever, I do think she will want to see him out.

-Griffith

Offline Nadiaska

• Of the Interstice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2002, 03:48:42 AM »
Griffith doesn't love anybody (my friends adore this fact), he just uses the girls to arrive to your main objective. Casca is a step of the stairway that he steps to arrive to your main objective just represented by Charlote -  becomes king. Charlote is a stupid princess and terrible queen, logical that needs a wise and beautiful king. Griffith can like her, (my friends dislike this fact), but to love her is another thing. If Charlote doesn't root the princess, him nor would look at her, it seems that status tells for him. There are still your feelings for Guts that are not still totally clear regarding what for me they really mean. Guts sees him as a great person, an example to be proceeded and it seems that only. Sônia? what is that girl making in the history? I already know, it is one more step in the stairway of Griffith.  :P

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2002, 05:31:13 AM »
do u think that Griffith is fully aware that he's using Casca's baby for his rebirth?....i dont think so....

Judging by his reactions in volume 22, I think he is...

Offline All_4_Yume

• Of the Interstice
  • Yume Chaser
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2002, 08:50:48 AM »

he might change...but it will be than too late...
i think it will end up really tragic with griffith...

Before the stories end I think Griffith will have an epiphany like Guts did when he met the Hawks again after he left for a year.  He'll realize what he had and what he did he did to his friends for his dream and that will probably break him.  This super rush of guilt will allow Guts to finally slay him.  
"I can't live simply because I was born."
-Griffith

Offline trapped_soul

• Griffith fanboy
  • Of the Vortex
  • "This is it. It's over."
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2002, 09:10:46 AM »

This super rush of guilt will allow Guts to finally slay him.

how should i imagine that?

Offline *Gyom*

• Of the Vortex
  • around the corner
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2002, 09:25:46 AM »
i think griffith has already shown us he won't fall this way ... guilt ? he doesn't betray his dream, that is all ( to retake what our griff put under his avatar ^^ )

Offline Maximus

• Of the Nexus
  • Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2002, 11:14:30 AM »
i think griffith has already shown us he won't fall this way ... guilt ? he doesn't betray his dream,

yeah...not at all!
"Don't be afraid of the dark"

Offline Nomad

• Of the Vortex
  • "Bring the light of day"
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2002, 03:45:07 PM »
;D ;D ;D There it is.... Griffith has never experienced THE POWER OF PUSSY!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kuroi-san

• Of the Nexus
  • Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2002, 03:37:03 AM »

What the fuck are you on?
You die first, get it? Your friends might get me in a rush but not before I turn your head into a canoe. What's it gonna be?

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2002, 04:20:25 AM »

Before the stories end I think Griffith will have an epiphany like Guts did when he met the Hawks again after he left for a year.  He'll realize what he had and what he did he did to his friends for his dream and that will probably break him.  This super rush of guilt will allow Guts to finally slay him.  

Wow, Im sorry but thats the worst ending prediction I've EVER heard... EVER.

Griffith already realizes what he's done, he felt guilt over it for about 10 seconds during the eclipse. He wasn't reluctant to sacrifice them because he realized beforehand, he had already brought them into a shithole of an existence by having them follow his dream.

Griffith is in charge of his motives, Guts just flails about randomly.

And so, to one-up that ending predicton:

Griffith gets caught cross-dressing in a sleazy bar in downtown Midland, in front of the whole country, and everyone laughs, but then Guts swings down from a rope with a huge grin on his face, and a knife in his teeth, pirate style. Then, Griffith screams out all feminine: AIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE as Guts smashes Griffiths head in two. As Griffith's head is splitting in two, he tells Guts:

"Im sorry I killed our dudes, and raped your dudette. I suck."

"Thats right, you suck." Then Guts shits on Griffiths head and laughs like a madman.

Don't blame me for this crap, blame where I got the inspiration for writing it: FAN PREDICTIONS. I just mashed them all into one.

This is what people want for the ending of Berserk...right?

-Your bitter admin,
-Walter
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline mpd_psycho

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2002, 04:52:30 AM »
BWAGAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.... :D

ill die laughing if miura really make it happen in the manga

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2002, 05:59:19 AM »
Griffith already realizes what he's done, he felt guilt over it for about 10 seconds during the eclipse. He wasn't reluctant to sacrifice them because he realized beforehand, he had already brought them into a shithole of an existence by having them follow his dream.

But maybe he still has to realize that his dream wasn't worth it?

Offline bakaneko

• Of the Interstice
  • Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2002, 06:32:56 AM »
I dont think Griffith will ever feel guilty for what he did. He sees his men following him to help him accomplish his dream-they are not his friends so perhaps in his perspective that those people(his men that is) just come and go so sacrificing a few(or all) dont matter. He even said one time to Guts that he will only see another as his friend if he/she is att he same level or higher as himself-which right now its just the godhand (IMO).

Offline mpd_psycho

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2002, 11:54:22 AM »
well....its lonely at the top....^^;...maybe after he reached the top he will have time to think it all over again....to regret?....regret always comes late....maybe he deny it this moment...but who knows what will happen in the end?....i dont think that Griffith is a totally emotionless person...

Offline kimchan

• Berserk Lovin' Gal
  • Of the Vortex
  • "Should I be overcome by the vapors?
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2002, 12:36:51 PM »
well....its lonely at the top....^^;...maybe after he reached the top he will have time to think it all over again....to regret?....regret always comes late....maybe he deny it this moment...but who knows what will happen in the end?....i dont think that Griffith is a totally emotionless person...

Like Walter said, Griffith has already felt guilt for what he's done, but he's pretty much gotten over it.  I think he's convinced himself that all of the people who have died for his dream are just tools or "steps" to the castle.  So I guess it's possible he might feel regret someday in the future, but it seems unlikely, since he will have achieved his goal.  That will probably overshadow anything else in his mind.
Puck: He's my villa, Isidro.  And *he's* my main house, Guts.

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2002, 12:42:19 PM »
So I guess it's possible he might feel regret someday in the future, but it seems unlikely, since he will have achieved his goal.  That will probably overshadow anything else in his mind.

Why would it still overshadows everything else?

Offline kimchan

• Berserk Lovin' Gal
  • Of the Vortex
  • "Should I be overcome by the vapors?
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2002, 03:47:32 PM »

Why would it still overshadows everything else?

It's possible that once he achieves his dream, he'll think it was all worth it.  But it's also possible that he'll feel regret, I'm really not sure.  Griffith is one who can always keep you guessing.   :-/
Puck: He's my villa, Isidro.  And *he's* my main house, Guts.

Offline All_4_Yume

• Of the Interstice
  • Yume Chaser
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2002, 06:05:32 PM »

Wow, Im sorry but thats the worst ending prediction I've EVER heard... EVER.
-Walter

Wow man, you hurt my feelings.  Sike!  It's all good.  However I will say this:  Griffith hasn't achieved his dream yet so you don't know what he's going to feel.  Before the Eclipse Griffith was suicidal because he thought his dream was dead.  The Ceremony gave him a chance to get his life back and he didn't want to die before his dream could become reality.  Griffith is a fighter so he practically had to take the Godhand's offer.  However, once his goal becomes achieved there could be a chance it may not be all what it's cracked up to be.  There's a saying that goes something like "sometimes the journey is better than the destination." I mean this is the only way I could see Griffith getting his in the end.  Look at all the shit he's been through, his friend betrayed him, his army in shambles, his body fucked up, and he basically saw the most important thing in his life crumble before his eyes.  If he has no feelings Guts can't do nothing but kill him which is kinda weak considering all that Griffith did.  To me it would be more fitting to show that his reason for living was really worth all the energy he put into it.  What would be a proper ending for Griffith?  Watching Guts rape his girl or have Casca give to him with a really sharp strap-on?      
"I can't live simply because I was born."
-Griffith

Offline Graywords

• Of the Interstice
  • Bettychu, I choose YOU!
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2002, 03:06:56 AM »
The big question that will help us figure out whether Griffith will like it at the top:

WHY did he want to go to the castle?

This is never really explained.  Did he just really really REEEALLY wanna be a king and rule and have a big stoney castle for a house?  Or is there something in specific he wanted to DO as king?  He could've had something in his childhood that made him wish he were in control, so he could change the rules.  Or maybe he was just really smart and felt he deserved the power to control the fate of a nation.

If his goals were to better the country, he probably won't regret it unless he fails at that task (much like Gaiseric, who ended up causing suffering to the people in the end).  If instead he realizes his goals were more selfish than anything, he'll likely fall into regret right away.  *shrug*
*SPANKspankspankspankspankspankspankspank*  *hug*
-Luca

ゆだねろ~

Offline trapped_soul

• Griffith fanboy
  • Of the Vortex
  • "This is it. It's over."
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2002, 04:23:01 AM »
The big question that will help us figure out whether Griffith will like it at the top:

WHY did he want to go to the castle?

This is never really explained.  Did he just really really REEEALLY wanna be a king and rule and have a big stoney castle for a house?  Or is there something in specific he wanted to DO as king?  He could've had something in his childhood that made him wish he were in control, so he could change the rules.  Or maybe he was just really smart and felt he deserved the power to control the fate of a nation.

If his goals were to better the country, he probably won't regret it unless he fails at that task (much like Gaiseric, who ended up causing suffering to the people in the end).  If instead he realizes his goals were more selfish than anything, he'll likely fall into regret right away.  *shrug*

quite interesting. but do you really think one would sacrifice his friends, in order to make midland a better country? i beg to disagree.

i like Olivier's thought. I also think Griffith is at last going to realize that his dream wasn't worth all this.