Ms. Answerman

I was bored and just killing time until later this evening. I was doing some random google searches on Berserk, when I came upon Ms. Answerman. Here is the link to what I originally found, which is just a filler with a email to this person from June 6:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/columns/answerman.php?id=203\

It hasn't been answered yet because it is too new, according to the filler at least. I then did a search on the site and came up with a profound debacle of a description given to the Berserk manga by this site, here is the link:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/manga.php?id=2298

I believe this is just preposterous, especially for a site that actually does a bit of business. I was just curious what everyone else thinks. I put this in the nursery because I was not sure as to the correct section this would go into, it is directly Berserk related, if you choose to move it Aaz, or if this is the right section, then here it is.

Should I or someone else maybe send them an email or get in contact to clean the name of Berserk up a bit, or should we just let a dead dog lie? ???

- C

PS. maybe we could get them to put a Skullknight.net link in there for better info, yes? 8)

So you have a problem with their plot summary which btw are not added by them it's added by people. Well if you want sign up on their website then your able to contribute to their Encyclopedia you can add summaries, titles of each volume, number of how many volumes etc.

Or if you want go here which is the Encyclopedia forum:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8

Post what's your problem with the description of Berserk and ask if they can change it.

A bit off topic I've known that website for over three years now.

Why thank you. I must apologize because I just get pissed off when I see Berserk butchered like that. I only stayed a few moments after I read the whole plot summary, looking for any redeemable instances, but found none. I obviously didn't stick around long enough to figure out how to get in touch with them. I think I might try their forum when I get a chance and try to maybe get them to patch or replace the summary. If anyone has a good paragraph or two that summarizes Berserk without giving away the story, feel free to post here. I am too tired to think about it now, maybe tomorrow. :-X

- C

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's the good section, C. Well, that summary's not the best, but it's not far from Berserk's wikipedia entry either, if you see what I mean. It's just common for Berserk summaries to be bad on non-Berserk fansites. It could be better, but it could be worse, too. Nothing worth being mad about IMHO.

ZODDGuts said:
Post what's your problem with the description of Berserk and ask if they can change it.

A bit off topic I've known that website for over three years now.

Well, you could have corrected that summary a bit if you've been there for 3 years. Or maybe that's your summary C was talking about? :p

Aazealh said:
Well, you could have corrected that summary a bit if you've been there for 3 years. Or maybe that's your summary C was talking about? :p

You obviously don't know me very well I'm a lazy bastard heck even my mom tells me to get off my ass off the bed and get a damn job. -_-

I've seen that summary thought about adding a better summary years ago but I suck at doing summaries myself. So... eh yeah.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Im all about creating a good, complete summary. My effort on it is in the Encyclopedia. It's easy to debunk it from the sidelines, but so far, I havent seen any competition 8) So step up!

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I wasn't making fun of your encyclopedia, it's great. I was making fun of the fact that nobody cares when somebody actually does a good job, only when people do a bad job.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
I wasn't making fun of your encyclopedia, it's great. I was making fun of the fact that nobody cares when somebody actually does a good job, only when people do a bad job.
Oh, well that's true. But this topic has made me realize the summary in the enc. is pretty retarded (grey matter? ::) ). So anyone who feels like improving on it, please do so. Let's make it perfect.

Top Bottom