Comments on the Holy See symbol a parallel to Christ

I was just thinking about this the other day:

What if Griffith is a messiah like Jesus (in a sense, not exacly), sent here by the Idea of Evil to sacrifice himself to rescue either to save humans or apostles, or both (that I'm not sure of).

At first that idea seemed far-fetched, but after taking a look at the Holy See symbol, it might not be all that far from the truth. I mean, the symbol shows a hawk (possibly Griffith) being crucified, like Jesus was. Then at the bottom it shows a beherit connected to the dead hawk, which could symbolyze Idea's power of Causalty over the hawk (this part I'm not sure of either).

So I'm asking you guys, what do you think about this Idea? I'm open to any criticism as long as it isn't insulting to me.

Also, I'm sorry if I've offended any fellow Catholics or any other believers of christ.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I don't know of Jesus conquered the romans before going on the cross, and I don't think that Peter could turn into a horned minataur. However I'm not all too familiar with the bible.

But seriously...
Well whether or not Idea has any other motives for Griffith is unknown. And I seriously doubt all this conquering on Griffith's part is going to end up in him sacrificing himself. He ain't goin' that quietly :griff:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Void Swordsman said:
What if Griffith is a messiah like Jesus (in a sense, not exacly), sent here by the Idea of Evil to sacrifice himself to rescue either to save humans or apostles, or both (that I'm not sure of).

The most commonly compared character with Griffith is the antichrist in this context. The fake messiah, bringing false peace and who will eventually doom humanity. You might find the prophecy interesting in that regard, if you don't know about it already:

"When the Sun will have died five times, a red lake will appear at the West of the city with a name both new and ancient, and it will be the sign that the fifth angel, the Falcon of Darkness, is born. He will be both master of the sinful black sheep and king of the blind white ones. The one who shall bring an age of darkness upon the world."

You might also want to search for older threads talking about it, there are some interesting discussions regarding all of this. To get more information about the prophecy, go there.

Void Swordsman said:
the symbol shows a hawk (possibly Griffith) being crucified, like Jesus was. Then at the bottom it shows a beherit connected to the dead hawk, which could symbolyze Idea's power of Causalty over the hawk (this part I'm not sure of either).

I don't think the Hawk on the symbol is supposed to be crucified... We do see a bird crucified to make it look like the symbol once (beginning of volume 17), but it doesn't give this impression in itself IMHO. Same thing for the beherit, the symbol just has a ball at the bottom from where the spiral starts, with 2 other balls at the top. There are variations, but that's the standard shape the Holy See uses.

HolySymbol.jpg

It can be interpreted in several different ways, and there are threads on the subject already, I recommend you that one in particular: The Brand and the Symbol.

Void Swordsman said:
I'm open to any criticism as long as it isn't insulting to me. Also, I'm sorry if I've offended any fellow Catholics or any other believers of christ.

Mozgus2.jpg
"How dare you take the name of the LORD in vain, you liberal scum?!" XD

Aazealh said:
The most commonly compared character with Griffith is the antichrist in this context. The fake messiah, bringing false peace and who will eventually doom humanity.

So maybe it's possible that he is a messiah for apostles. Because by dooming humanity, apostles rise to the top.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Void Swordsman said:
So maybe it's possible that he is a messiah for apostles.

It's not just a possibility, they adore him. They also adore the other God Hand members though, but Griffith is the one leading them at the moment. Notice how furious Locus gets when Ganishka tells him he won't stop opposing Griffith, the "god that came down to earth".

Wait... if I remember correctly, isnt the antichrist an idea that was developed much later in christianity? I'm rusty on the subject but I read a wonderful paper explaining that the idea of the antichrist or the antithesis to all god stood for was a idea developed much later in time and simply a misguiding idea that many people think is an actual part of the christian faith?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
Wait... if I remember correctly, isnt the antichrist an idea that was developed much later in christianity?

It's in the New Testament, albeit they don't talk about it so much (understandable). It describes a false prophet, "a liar denying that Jesus is the Christ". Now I don't see how this holds any interest in the context of this discussion anyway.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
After a fashion, Griffith already died and was reborn-if you count his transformation into Femto as a "death" of his human form, followed by his subsequent rebirth in the Demon Baby's body.

As to when the notion of the Antichrist first popped up in Christianity, I believe Paul mentions it in one of the epistles. He tells the people who are living in fear of the Rise of the Antichrist that "there are already many antichrists in our midst" or something like that. So, it cropped up during the lifetime of the Apostles at least.

When I look at that Holy See symbol again, it kinda looks like the hawk is flying up out of the spiral, which is emanating from the ovoid spere at its base. Just my take on it.

Top Bottom