Author Topic: What's the deal with Mozgus?  (Read 4039 times)

Offline Castaway

What's the deal with Mozgus?
« on: November 14, 2005, 06:28:34 PM »
Hey, i was wondering how did Mozgus turn into that giant feathery-thing that looks like The Thing from Fantastic 4? Did he just believe so much that he sprouted wings and gained superstrength? Did he always have the power? Is he an apostle? Or like a Demi-Apostle? This has always confused me... Also, did the same thing happen to his Deciples? How'd they sprout wings?

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
Re: What's the deal with Mozgus?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 07:04:43 PM »
Mozgus, along with his disciples were "pricked"/injected with a needle like appendage of the Beherit apostle (who didn't have many abilities on its own but had the ability to instill apostle like power in others.  Another victim of this was the goat man in vol. 19.
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Online Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 07:06:39 PM »
For some reason this is a common question.  But if you look closely at the beginning of volume 20, it's quite clear that the Beherit-Apostle gave Mozgus and his disciples some power, turning him into an Apostle-Spawn.

Damn, beaten to it... Next time, Gadget.. NEXT TIME!
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Castaway

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 08:56:47 PM »
I think it's a common question because at that point, you don't really know anything about the Beherit-Apostle, so some people don't know it's powers. (like me)

Offline CnC

• Of the Abyss
  • Ad Oculos
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:59:45 PM »
I think it's a common question because at that point, you don't really know anything about the Beherit-Apostle, so some people don't know it's powers. (like me)

Again, its clearly illustrated in 19 with the goat man. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 09:05:26 PM by CnC »
I'm sick of following my dreams.  I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later...
- R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
CnColors!

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 09:07:15 PM »

There's nothing hard to understand, you just have to pay attention.

Besides, there are threads explaining this already, please search for answers on the board before posting in the future.

Offline DoM

• Of the World
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 12:40:07 AM »
The strangest thing about him is his face ^^
He and Azan must have been doing the same prayers!

Offline Vaxillus

• Of the Interstice
  • The one and only severed head
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 07:30:28 AM »
In Castaway's favor, I missed this too on my first read through.  Then again, I was rushing through trying to get caught up since I was (and probably still am) just a noob.  Just goes to show how you have to reread things sometimes for them to make sense.

Offline HawaiianStallion

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 01:18:36 AM »
Mozgus was bad ass. If it werent for the wound in his chest from Guts dive from above, he might have broken the DS, with his teeth no less, and beaten Guts.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 01:52:37 AM »
If it werent for the wound in his chest from Guts dive from above, he might have broken the DS, with his teeth no less, and beaten Guts.

That's a very big "if" here. Whatever he "might" have done, he didn't actually do much. And Guts threw a knife in his eye to free the DS, the wound in his chest came into play later on. That's not the topic of this thread anyway, I'm locking it since the original question was answered.