Smallville

Mo

The Warrior
Awesome series; just got into it. Anyone else watch it?

I spent 12 hours straight watching it last sunday... addictive as hell.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Clark, look at me, I'm hideous! I had a breakout last night. Look at all these zits!"

*uses heat vision to melt them off*

"Ohhhh, Clark!"

Personally, I don't think the WB teen-drama formula works with superheroes, but then, I'm continually proven wrong by the show's unprecedented popularity. I've read they're writing Brainiac in ... Brainiac, bottler of worlds; Brainiac, the super robotic genius. Brainiac, in a teen drama. Wonder how that will go over. :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I hate to admit it, but it is very well shot. I love the colors they've been able to acheive in some of the episodes.

Can't say much else for it though. They tend to drag the "will his identity as a super being be revealed" schtick all the time. And I'd like to see how the hell they're going to pull off the switch to glasses Clark, they've introduced almost every single person in the Superman series and they've all seen/interacted with Clark without glasses.

Can't speak for characters or story though, as I haven't really watched too many episodes. And those I have watched are prob. out of order (if there is an order). Other than that, s'ok..

what really gets me is how it is possible that after they both move to metropolis, lex doesnt know that superman is his best friend since childhood... ??????

Mo

The Warrior
Walter...hahaha  yea it get cheesy sometimes, but, I've always been a sucker for shows with an underprivileged/gifted teenager as the antagonist... I guess I can relate to a lot of the scenarios that exist in that drama.  No superpowers though :)  

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Psymont 2.0 said:
what really gets me is how it is possible that after they both move to metropolis, lex doesnt know that superman is his best friend since childhood... ??????

They could always pull off some stuff about his memories of Clark being erased in the last episode or something equivalent.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
They could always pull off some stuff about his memories of Clark being erased in the last episode or something equivalent.

I think everyone needs a memory wipe, then. If it hasn't happened already, as i recall memory wipe is a popular method to forget alter egos in these shows...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
I mostly watch for hilarity such as Aquaman wearing a orange shirt and green shorts talking about a Junior Lifegaurd Association.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
I mostly watch for hilarity such as Aquaman wearing a orange shirt and green shorts talking about a Junior Lifegaurd Association.

Wow, there's even Aquaman in there...

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
They should have stick to the basics. But no, WB had to make it a real letdown for all those Superman fans. I kinda liked it at first,but now I wish Clark eats a piece of kryptonite on his lunc, since it seems that stuff is everywhere.

D

darkbane

Smallville is no better or worse than any of the other teen/family series out there. I don't remember ever hearing any forced behind-the-stage audience laughter in Smallville though, so that's one saving grace right there :S

Mo

The Warrior
Damn... I guess I'm alone on this huh :judo: :judo: :judo: not even the girls like it?? Oh clark... I'm turning into a metrosexual :judo: :judo:

Honestly I love Smallville for quite a long time(since the first season to be honest)and I can't even wait for the next season to start here (on french tv)so you can call me a "fan" :casca:...
I know that (often :guts:)the story sucks, it's always(often :guts: ) the same thing : "somebody saaaaaaaaave meeeeeee" then a freak born from Kryptonite try to kill Clark or a sibling Clark run super fast beat the freak and then go away super fast tandandan "somebody saaaaaaaave meeeeeeee" the end...
It's stupid but I just love it...being a "fan" of  the old Superman movies(and the few comics I saw) I liked the idea of a serie about Superman youth but I must admit that it's IMPOSSIBLE than this Clark can hide his true identity as Superman..."Unfortunately" now that I'm addicted I want to see the end ;)

Majin_Tenshi

Mad Angel Loki said:
I liked the idea of a serie about Superman youth but I must admit that it's IMPOSSIBLE than this Clark can hide his true identity as
Erm... I think it was Superman Birthright.... Clark remembered being best friends with Lex as a kid but Lex has no memory. They didn't even give a decent explanation for it. Anyways, it can be done.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Majin Tenshi said:
Erm... I think it was Superman Birthright.... Clark remembered being best friends with Lex as a kid but Lex has no memory. They didn't even give a decent explanation for it. Anyways, it can be done.

As kids. In the series Clark is over 18 and Lex is over 20, and already turning evil. I foresee everyone getting their memory wiped soon. :schierke:

Majin_Tenshi

CnC said:
As kids.  In the series Clark is over 18 and Lex is over 20, and already turning evil.  I foresee everyone getting their memory wiped soon.  :schierke:
"kid" "high schooler" they're interchangable. You should look into Birthright regardless.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Majin Tenshi said:
"kid" "high schooler" they're interchangable. You should look into Birthright regardless.

I see, well if its in the comics I suppose they'll be going on precedent. Still seems a tad too implausible to me. But then again the glasses were never much of a disguise, either.

Majin_Tenshi

CnC said:
I see, well if its in the comics I suppose they'll be going on precedent.  Still seems a tad too implausible to me.  But then again the glasses were never much of a disguise, either.
The disguise is more then just glasses.  They're really think and hide the almost glowing blue eyes.  Clark walks with a slight hunch, pretends to be a meek weakling, and acts like a klutz.  He's not trying to disguise his face, for him its no real problem if someone goes "that guy kinda looks like Superman" cause anyone who spends five minutes around him would find the notion of him being superhuman absurd. 

Top Bottom