Berserk Figs by Todd McFarlane

I think it would be a great idea if Todd McFarlane made a Berserk Fig Series!!!! Am I alone?????? Do you think he would do a good job or change the characters into a crap McFarlane version? Or even change the characters into an even darker McFarlane version?

I personally own his best fig 12" Mandarin Spawn :chomp:

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
I think they would be great. Ever see his Dragon figure series? simply amazing-looking.

Not to say AOW isn't doing good. In my eyes AOW will always be the best Berserk Statue makers :)

IsolatioN said:
I think they would be great. Ever see his Dragon figure series? simply amazing-looking.

Not to say AOW isn't doing good. In my eyes AOW will always be the best Berserk Statue makers :)

Yup Ive seen those masterpieces! I really wish the McFarlane Berserk series would happen!

Kagami

Goo!
FEMric said:
Yup Ive seen those masterpieces!  I really wish the McFarlane Berserk series would happen!

The guy can do good stuff... but for some reason I don't like the cut of his gib.

Is he a big fan of anime/manga? I saw some Spawn manga in some random comic book shop when I was in New York (I hung out and read Vagabond vol 14 - 17 in one sitting then left heheheh). :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
(I hung out and read Vagabond vol 14 - 17 in one sitting then left heheheh). :guts:
"Knock, Knock."
"Who's there?"
"Kagami."
"Kagami who?"
"Kagami, the asshole!"​

I'd be interested in seeing what McFarlane can do. Maybe his studio can do decent facial work, as opposed so SOME licensed Berserk statue companies... However, you do realize that his incorporation into any franchise means that he'll make another Spawn variation figure. I can see it now... Spawn w/ Berserk's Armor! MalebolgIDEA! VIOLATOR VS ZODD DIORAMA!

He may even make a stipulation in the contract between Miura and himself that Spawn has to be included in the series, like what he did with Soul Calibur II. Now wouldn't that be tasty? :beast:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
I can see it now... Spawn w/ Berserk's Armor!  MalebolgIDEA! VIOLATOR VS ZODD DIORAMA!

Sad thing is, I'd probably buy it. Sounds pretty cool, actually. Saw a McFarlane Napoleon Dynamite statue the other day at the local Suncoast. Wonder if they'll cross that with Spawn? :troll:

I'd like to see Kaiyodo or Mcfarlane make some....

IMO Mcfarlane is great from a sculpture standpoint, but for both sculpture and the ability to change poses I think Kaiyodo is a bit better.

Just look at the Gungrave figure :).

Though Kaiyodo figures are quite expensive compared to mcfarlane so it's a trade off.

Mcfarlane would be good for making figures that are basically a cheap man's statue :p (like me).

Would love to see them do diorama's and have more characters then what Art of War does.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
FEMric said:
Or even change the characters into an even darker McFarlane version?

I'm against any alteration whatsoever, same with interactions with other series. So based on that I'd rather not see it. AOW has the potential to make great things on a side note, I think it's just a matter of will (money? :schierke:). Not that I would mind seeing what other companies can do, maybe Kaiyodo like Stiler said.

redria said:
Didn't someone post a link a while ago with something like that?

Yes, Headless Death posted about it last year (click to see the thread).

Rhombaad said:
Sad thing is, I'd probably buy it. Sounds pretty cool, actually.

Sad thing indeed... Pretty cool? A Spawn crossover? Come on...

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Aazealh said:
AOW has the potential to make great things on a side note, I think it's just a matter of will (money? :schierke:). Not that I would mind seeing what other companies can do, maybe Kaiyodo like Stiler said.

Nooo... Kaiyodo would make the heads even tinier than AOW... Please, no more teeny heads! Miura intended reasonable proportions for everything but the DS! *sobs*

Anyone pondering a McF Berserk line should ponder a NECA Berserk line instead. NECA's sculpts are just as decent (and their posability just as shit) as McF for half the price, or less after their line fails and goes on clearance. ;)

Americans working on the Berserk license? Bah! How would Kentarou do approvals? I think he would lose some control. He or someone he has authorized has to approve everything that comes out. Even stuff from AoW despite how bad you guys think the faces look :chomp:

Especially a company like the McFarlane which takes so many creative liberties. It is more important to them that it looks "Mcfarlane" than like the actual license. I'm going to have nightmares about Spawn wielding a Dragon Slayer. I want my action figures to have possability and my statues to be statues. Not the halfway between shit McFarlane puts out. Also who wants to see our beloved Berserk in Walmart and Target.

Btw if you think Todd works on anything design wise you are dreaming. (I say this just because the title is Todd McFarlane not McFarlane Toys)

If it had to be an American company I guess I'd say Neca. Sculpting is as good as McFarlane without the sacrilege. :badbone:

Kaiyodo might be interesting. Max Factory even better. Collector friendly packaging and lots of cool accessories. For non-figures though even with the issues that AoW has I can't see another company taking the line as deep as AoW has. Who else is going to put out characters like Wyald, Boscogne, Slan or high end watch. Also if it was Kaiyodo or Max Factory we couldn't buy anything direct.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Especially a company like the McFarlane which takes so many creative liberties. It is more important to them that it looks "Mcfarlane" than like the actual license. I'm going to have nightmares about Spawn wielding a Dragon Slayer. I want my action figures to have possability and my statues to be statues. Not the halfway between shit McFarlane puts out. Also who wants to see our beloved Berserk in Walmart and Target.

Well in case my post didn't convey it clearly enough, I was horrified at the idea. And I also think that AOW being small, its commitment to the Berserk line can only yield better results (not sure Miura invests much if any of his time in it though). Now if only they could lower their prices a bit and get the "superb" to "meh" release ratio to 10:0 that'd be great. :SK:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Sad thing indeed... Pretty cool? A Spawn crossover? Come on...

After re-reading my post, I'm not sure what I was thinking while writing it (if I was thinking at all). It wasn't even that late when I wrote it. *sigh* :judo:

FEMric said:
I think it would be a great idea if Todd McFarlane made a Berserk Fig Series!!!!  Am I alone??????  Do you think he would do a good job or change the characters into a crap McFarlane version?  Or even change the characters into an even darker McFarlane version?

I personally own his best fig 12" Mandarin Spawn :chomp:

It would be an awsome Idea id Todd Mcfarlane made Berserk Figs, His figures and busts and other crap are just amazing and I would like to buy his stuff :serpico:

Skullgrin140 said:
It would be an awsome Idea id Todd Mcfarlane made Berserk Figs, His figures and busts and other crap are just amazing and I would like to buy his stuff :serpico:

What busts has McFarlane Toys made. (I reiterate Todd doesn't make shit)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
Good Lord man, shut the hell up!

Umm, Mcfarlane doesn't "mcfarlane" up things like you're making it out to be.

He has a ton of non-spawn lines and he doesn't change JACK on them...

The only thing he does that with are his companies own creations, usually of popular myth/legend characters.

If he gets a liscense to do a figure he doesn't change the figure up...they just make it look like it's supposed to look.

Just like the anime figures they have already done in the past, Trigun, akira, etc.

Stiler said:
Umm, Mcfarlane doesn't "mcfarlane" up things like you're making it out to be.

He has a ton of non-spawn lines and he doesn't change JACK on them...

The only thing he does that with are his companies own creations, usually of popular myth/legend characters.

If he gets a liscense to do a figure he doesn't change the figure up...they just make it look like it's supposed to look.

Just like the anime figures they have already done in the past, Trigun, akira, etc.

HE HE HE!.......ug :chomp:

Maiku said:
What busts has McFarlane Toys made.  (I reiterate Todd doesn't make shit)
Exactly. Though his company makes some pretty detailed pieces. Though I don't really care (for the most part) about what company produces such things, as long as they do it with respect for and faithful to the source material.

Walter said:
Good Lord man, shut the hell up!
Hehe...
Skullgrin140 said:
Why dont you!
First off, giving admins lip isn't exactly the smartest thing you can do, hell it is stupid. But more importantly Skullgrin140, do you ever wonder why so many people react to your posts the way that they do? You may want to consider that question. Of course there is always the possibility that you are someone who posts such statements to annoy people intentionally. But I am baffled as to why of all the places to do such a thing, one would choose this site. You've been a registered member for about two weeks now, and already heralded yourself as the man who would bring about the second season of Berserk via flash animation and recommended that a live action Berserk film be made featuring the Rock as Pippen, spread through the bafflingly incoherent alphanumeric sequences that is your writting. I am not trying to pick on you. I am just suggesting that you reevaluate how you interact with the other members of this board.

(Sorry for going off topic all.)

jepn30 said:
Exactly. Though his company makes some pretty detailed pieces. Though I don't really care (for the most part) about what company produces such things, as long as they do it with respect for and faithful to the source material.
Hehe...First off, giving admins lip isn't exactly the smartest thing you can do, hell it is stupid. But more importantly Skullgrin140, do you ever wonder why so many people react to your posts the way that they do? You may want to consider that question. Of course there is always the possibility that you are someone who posts such statements to annoy people intentionally. But I am baffled as to why of all the places to do such a thing, one would choose this site. You've been a registered member for about two weeks now, and already heralded yourself as the man who would bring about the second season of Berserk via flash animation and recommended that a live action Berserk film be made featuring the Rock as Pippen, spread through the bafflingly incoherent alphanumeric sequences that is your writting. I am not trying to pick on you. I am just suggesting that you reevaluate how you interact with the other members of this board.

(Sorry for going off topic all.)

Alright Fine! But that dosnt mean any of you have to pick on me!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
Alright Fine! But that dosnt mean any of you have to pick on me!

Just stop complaining and posting compulsively man. Give your posts some thought, and don't submit a message if it's not necessary. Things are bound to be viewed critically on a message board, so if you don't want to be "picked on", make it so it doesn't happen.

Aazealh said:
Just stop complaining and posting compulsively man. Give your posts some thought, and don't submit a message if it's not necessary. Things are bound to be viewed critically on a message board, so if you don't want to be "picked on", make it so it doesn't happen.

ok. I'm starting that right now

Top Bottom