Nice website, but Aazealh you're too much

T

temijun

So, i do have a problem, and its specifically not being able to speak my mind. I don't like being put in a box, or being shut down for asking questions (i would say its safe to say that is the same for just about anyone). Aazealh, you don't want posts to get out of hand thats fine, but i have had 3 posts now that i wanted feedback/conversation on and i have been closed down 2/3. I did get feedback, and it was from you in a personal message (walter on one as well) which i would actually like to honestly thank you for. What i am missing out on though, is the feedback/input from other peeps who have a different opinion/idea than you. You aren't the absolute final word on all that is berserk. That isn't to say you dont' know your stuff, but you definitely aren't the final word. I have got a certain feeling about you from your other posts (i have read alot of them doing the infamous pre-post searches), and while you do have sincerety in most you also have a "look down on everyone" and "please don't waste my time about anything i deam trivial" attitude, it aint jiving.

i dont' think i can continue to post here, good luck with your website.

feel free to delete this post as well

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Man, I don't know why I am posting this since I am 10000% sure Aaz and Walter are both capable of defending themselves( :serpico: ) but ahh well.

Aaz and walter are the admins of this forum, so they really can act however they please. If they wanted to, they could make any damn rule they like. After all, they are the ones who pay for us to have this service.

Aaz knows a lot about Berserk. and I mean A LOT. Just read through his posts: he knows what he is talking about. Probably the closest to a "berserk god" we have around here. If you look around you see many topics with big discussions going on in them. People state their mind etc.

Aaz and Walter really only close topics that are pointless or are asked constantly, which in essence is pointless to ask in the first place. They constantly say use the search function because it clutters the forums and the database with topics constantly appearing about the same damn thing.

Now lets say you make a topic and it is locked and or deleted, and you receive a PM from Walter or Aaz, explaining out the answer to your questions. First off it's nice enough of them to even bother doing that, when you could just search for the answer yourself. And what they DO tell you IS indeed the truth, or whatever the biggest belief for the question at hand is. Yes, some things can not be given full truth or set in stone. Berserk is constantly changing, so new theories and hypothesis's pop up everywhere. There are already topics to post these in, no need to create your own.

Personally I don't find anything wrong with how Aaz, Walter, or any of the mods/admins at this place post. I have been at forums where the admins were just plain pricks. I really do not think Aaz or Walter are trying to "put you down" or "looking down on everyone". They are telling you the facts, and informing you on the subject. Knowledge is neutral, it doesn't condescend anyone.

Yes, debates happen here. I myself have been in one or two, with Aaz I believe. But that is what it is, debating. And if I may say so myself, he is an excellent debater as you may tell by looking at other conversations. I don't think him or anyone on these boards is trying to not allow you to "speak your mind". Look at everyone else, they are speaking their minds. I am speaking mine right now. Hell, for all I know Aaz or Walter may completly disagree with me on what I am saying. But I am speaking MY mind, and they would be speaking THEIR minds by doing so. Thats how a forum works.

From my personal view, this looks like a standard case of a sore looser. You were beaten in some sort of conversation, or debate, or your theory was proven wrong, or something around those lines. So you took immediate offense to who proved you wrong, IE in this case Aaz.

I don't know. I don't really have any right to be involving myself in this topic, but I am just speaking my mind, right? Walter and Aaz have invested a lot of time into this place. They take their own time to inform us on what is correct or what is the most widely and most probable answer to your questions. They aren't "picking on you".

If you take offense from this, then I take it you don't go to many (good) forums.

(oh yeah. I know someone is going to say it so mine as well say it now: OmG u R so SUXIng up 2 teh admins yuoh suckup!111111!!!11")

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
Yeah, I didn't notice that :guts: if you are going to complain about something, atleast try to do it in the proper section.

I'm sorry if I sounded like an ass, because I wasn't trying to be. But the admins really aren't bad guys.

(oh yeah looking over that post of mine I noticed that I rant.... A lot.) :serpico:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Moved it to its rightful section. Oh, and just so you guys know, the topics he was referring to were titled:

"can't get the 267 link to work"

and, drumroll please...

"Why, when Femto was "born", did he nail casca?"

:serpico: :guts: :troll: :) :D ;D :eek: XD​

bennyhill.wav

King-2E

I'll kick him in the head
I don't think the reaction would be so bad if it didn't happen on a daily basis.

True, people with intimate knowledge on certain subjects can seem over-bearing, but its not because they are high and mighty, its because there are other ways besides hounding them for answers then getting angry when it comes time to listen to their reply. Which is simple and direct. Search.

Why? Because they've answered it countless times to countless people just like you, and at some point, I'm sure it gets old.

Aazealh is agressively informative, yes.. but informative none the less.

Do what I do; decode the sub-par, smart ass comments and voila.. you've got yourself a reply!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, stuff happens when I sleep. :isidro: Well after reading all of this I don't really get temijun's problem. Anybody reading the rules should expect what happened to happen. People should search for old threads instead of incessantly posting new ones to ask if Zodd has zits on his ass or not. Other people's opinion about everything is in the 200+ replies existing on whatever newbies clumsily and repeatedly ask, now if people can't take the time to read old stuff and aren't even grateful for me to waste my time and PM them about it... Whatever. Not like anybody else would answer anyway. I wonder though: if searching for old posts before asking stupid questions is "infamous", what about reading this thread or answering said stupid questions?

So yeah, 2 threads deleted, a gross one last week asking about scans to which I replied and informed our good friend that we aren't keeping scans of old episodes online (we get at least a thread like that every week, in spite of having a RULES thread specific to that section that explains it), instead of just deleting it I actually nicely answered and patiently explained how things work and why, even greeting the guy here. The other thread temijun made consisted of clumsy quotes from existing posts, with 5 lines at the end where he was getting confused. The whole thing was pretty ugly to the eye (the title Walter gave should be a good indication), but the real question is "why make a new thread when there are already others on the subject that you are actually quoting?" For the sake of being disgraceful? I responded by PM because I thought that'd answer the question, nothing impeded him to learn his lesson from the delete and to repost correctly to get more feedback.

I had already merged the Zodd thread and replied to it after Walter, is it getting other replies? Is it locked? Was it deleted? No, but nobody cares about it and it's natural, discussions exist on the topic and it's up to newcomers to go ahead and read them. He was told to stop making new threads for no reason and to search for old ones, reviving them if needed. I'm not going to spend all my time cleaning after people like I'd clean after a dog shitting everywhere in the house... What it comes down to in the end is cowards that don't want to respect the rules/other members and make a fuss about it because they think it'll look like they have balls if they tell the admin he's a meanie.

King-2E said:
Do what I do; decode the sub-par, smart ass comments and voila.. you've got yourself a reply!

I'm still waiting for somebody to point out any "sub-par, smart ass comment" I made though, it's more of an urban legend than anything as far as I know. The kind of claim people can't back up and resort to when they don't have anything else to say. Like IsolatioN said: "Knowledge is neutral, it doesn't condescend anyone". Maybe someday I'll really be bitter and aggressive for a while, just so people know what it's like and stop whining.

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
What a strange way to vent some stored-up frustrations! Well, i just want to say that i for one appreciate the amount of actual work our dear admins/mods put into decontaminating these forums for our collective reading pleasure. And i'm not writing these lines at gunpoint..or am i? :???:

Let me take this opportunity to suck up to the mod's as well. I know if I was the one dealing with this site, the constant threads posted about "how did Guts escape the eclipse?!!" etc. would drive me insane. I think they handle things alot nicer than they could. I've posted dumb shit on here too. They put up with me, so I can't see a reason to complain.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
JUSTIN%20TIMBERLAKE.jpg

Cry me a river!

IsolatioN said:
(oh yeah. I know someone is going to say it so mine as well say it now: OmG u R so SUXIng up 2 teh admins yuoh suckup!111111!!!11")

:-* OmG u R so SUXIng up 2 teh admins yuoh suckup!111111!!!11" :-*

xDDD just kidding man.

Shiet, I don´t understand how could anyone get offended by shuch a trivial thing... what a world... what a world... my grandpa used to say.

IsolatioN

Last Soldier Standing
haha :serpico:

But I do have to agree with you. I really don't understand why anyone could get offended by someone on the internet, talking about a manga. I mean, I love Berserk and all, but I'm not going to get upset if my theory is proved wrong or something :schierke:

and for the love of god, SaiyajinNoOuji, NEVER post that again :judo:

SaiyajinNoOuji

IsolatioN said:
haha :serpico:

But I do have to agree with you. I really don't understand why anyone could get offended by someone on the internet, talking about a manga. I mean, I love Berserk and all, but I'm not going to get upset if my theory is proved wrong or something :schierke:

and for the love of god, SaiyajinNoOuji, NEVER post that again :judo:
You know you want more :carcus:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
This seems like old news, but that was surprisingly serene for one of these crap posts. I think he deserves a shiny tin medal. Unfortunately, we're out of pins so nails will have to do.

Forest Wraith

Evil is born when we lose power over ourselves.
I'll admit that at first I was a little blind-sided by Aazealh's rather authoritative stance. Fortunately, I try to keep an open mind and it soon occurred to me that the nature of this forum requires that it be specific in terms of fact; in order to eliminate discussions that lead nowhere or just dig up the Dead Horse so it can be beaten some more . . . Although I'm thinking we should have our own meme for over-done topics referring to Justin Timberlake as an example for what not to do . . . Or maybe Donovan/Guts as well as Femto/Casca . . .
Anyway like I was explaining, it really is necessary due to how the manga is paced and the lack of consideration from average new members.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
I've looked for topics with the search function, found a thread that seemed apropriate to what I had been searching for, then posted my opinion, only to get the "..not this again" from someone.

I know alot of this shit has been hashed out between forum members, mods, and admins before. Sure, the four and five year veterens of SK.net have seen it all, read it all, and been Hagued for it all in the past, but cut some slack to those who do use the Search function, or better yet, program the server to randomly search its database and delete newer threads that have five or more keyword entries in common with older threads. That way you don't waste time grousing over this.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
I've looked for topics with the search function, found a thread that seemed apropriate to what I had been searching for, then posted my opinion, only to get the "..not this again" from someone. ...cut some slack to those who do use the Search function, or better yet, program the server to randomly search its database and delete newer threads that have five or more keyword entries in common with older threads. That way you don't waste time grousing over this.
What is this, the peanut gallery? Grow some thicker skin dude. Everyone gets roughed up here, including the admins/mods, as you can see. And here's another tip for your sensitive skin: you might want to consider changing your name to something other than "Trashcan," before you complain you aren't being treated with respect.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Walter said:
What is this, the peanut gallery? Grow some thicker skin dude. Everyone gets roughed up here, including the admins/mods, as you can see. And here's another tip for your sensitive skin: you might want to consider changing your name to something other than "Trashcan," before you complain you aren't being treated with respect.
You have hurt my feelings and I am now looking for compensation! :puck:

Top Bottom