Author Topic: New Headlong MOZGUS Kit!  (Read 2767 times)

Offline DirectDK

New Headlong MOZGUS Kit!
« on: April 26, 2006, 07:58:47 AM »
OH yahhh!!!  New Headlong kit.  MOZGUS!!!!

1/35 scale (too small!!!!), 125mm, 5000 yen

For more pics: http://www.geocities.jp/headlong037/b9/Mozgus.htm

Will be on YJ next week (it's debuting at WHF 23, 4/30)

Offline Maiku

Re: New Headlong MOZGUS Kit!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 11:43:39 AM »
God that is small.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:33:58 PM »
It took a while to release it, but is this really so new? :guts:

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=5116.0
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=5267.0

Anyway I have to agree with Maiku, it's pretty small. I don't understand why he doesn't make them at "regular" sizes.

Offline Tirade

• Of the Interstice
  • Hai Yai, Forces!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 03:03:53 PM »
About the only thing I can say about this is it will match up well with the 1/35 Locus I already have  :guts:
In search of Berserk TCG Authentic Kentarou Miura Autograph cards.  If you can help me in my quest, rest assured you will be well compensated!

Offline Mike_Mike

• Of the World
  • gotta love the post apocalypse parties
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:47:12 PM »
it looks very well done. now to make the heavy decision of whether i need to be collecting headlong kits as well as AOW  :???:

Offline Maiku

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 04:25:24 PM »
it looks very well done. now to make the heavy decision of whether i need to be collecting headlong kits as well as AOW  :???:

Headlong kits are okay IMHO.  I think people's views on this site are skewed because of how great a job Derek's painter does.  In reality the headlong kits are solid concepts and decent sculpts but there is VERY little fine detail in most cases.  This leaves alot up to the painter to really make the kits shine.  Now Derek may have a special deal with his painter because of all the business he sends him but in general buying a kit and getting it painted to that level is going to cost you more than a comparable AoW statue.

This all being said I still plan on picking up several headlong kits.  The first human Zodd they did has a much better pose than AoW and though small I like the Locus.  Mozgus is a maybe but it is just SO small.  Certain ones like the Headlong Berserker are in my opinion a bit of a waste when the AoW version is SO much better.

Offline Omega Tom Hanks

• Fanboy
  • Of the Interstice
  • The Raging Demon
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 05:19:01 PM »
True. But I always thought Headlong did a better job than AOW, with Zodd(human) on both kits, than anybody else that Ive seen making garage kits (except what joa recently commisioned) other than that though the only kits I really like from headlong are the wyald (Best wyald Kit out there)! and the Apostle Zodd
Why in God's name would I wanna keep writing about characters whose central preoccupation are weed and dick and fart jokes? I mean, ya gotta grow man. Don't you ever want anything more for yourself? I know this poor hapless son of a bitch does. I look into his sorry doe eyes and I just, I see a man crying out. He's crying out, "When Lord? When the fuck can your servant ditch this foul-mouthed little chucklehead to whom I am a constant victim of his folly, so much so that it prevents him from ever getting to kiss a girl! Fuck! When, Lord when? WHENS GONNA BE MY TIME?

Offline Tirade

• Of the Interstice
  • Hai Yai, Forces!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 07:10:16 PM »
True. But I always thought Headlong did a better job than AOW, with Zodd(human) on both kits, than anybody else that Ive seen making garage kits (except what joa recently commisioned) other than that though the only kits I really like from headlong are the wyald (Best wyald Kit out there)! and the Apostle Zodd

Well, AoW is more involved with statues than kits themselves.  Sure, they have some out there (most are unpainted versions of already released statues).  In regard to HEADLONG, it really depends on the artist.  Details either need to be painted on or added to give a kit the best look. 

As for the HEADLONG Wyald, I'm not entirely sold on their version.  IMHO, the Getsurou Wyald is better (and bigger too).
In search of Berserk TCG Authentic Kentarou Miura Autograph cards.  If you can help me in my quest, rest assured you will be well compensated!