Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Flying Zodd PVC Statue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berserker PVC Statue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Now as many of you know I am a big fan of AoW and Berserk merch in general. But even I have to say WTF sometimes. So here is a poll of things that have made me or other people say WTF. Be it because of the price of say a PVC statue or just the product making sense like the watch. I will be honest and say that I own a few things on the list.

BTW if you are a hater don't try to be clever and click other and then list a bunch of stuff. One vote per person. (CnC I'm watchin you :void:)

CnC

Ad Oculos
Maiku said:
BTW if you are a hater don't try to be clever and click other and then list a bunch of stuff. One vote per person. (CnC I'm watchin you :void:)

I voted for the ring.

And to clarify. My 'hating' isn't really _what_ they put out (the point of this thread) but rather how they put it out. In that its anatomical and representational defects and the ridiculous prices they set for them. The ring being one of the latest price debacle, hence the vote.

Perhaps derek or you should start another poll as to what you'd like to see AoW release next the most.

CnC said:
I voted for the ring.

And to clarify. My 'hating' isn't really _what_ they put out (the point of this thread) but rather how they put it out. In that its anatomical and representational defects and the ridiculous prices they set for them. The ring being one of the latest price debacle, hence the vote.

Perhaps derek or you should start another poll as to what you'd like to see AoW release next the most.

I also voted for the ring. :serpico:

Good idea.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I voted for the Brass Zodd. Super expensive (I didn't believe they'd ever top the watch), and the same sculpt than the first Zodd they released. The "white" watch model and the ring were a tie, but the most expensive and less original one won. A new sculpt would have made all the difference to me.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
I also voted for the ring...maybe because I'm a lemming...

I gotta agree with Aazealh about the brass Zodd though. I guess we should be thankful that it wasn't met with much popularity; imagine AOW re releasing every old statue in brass!

I also considered voting for the wooden puck or behelit, but alas the ring was the most ridiculous.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
I voted for the Brass Zodd. Super expensive (I didn't believe they'd ever top the watch), and the same sculpt than the first Zodd they released.

Yea the zodd was pretty bad. The only reason I didn't vote for it was that the sculpt was decent. Same deal with the watch (at least the black looked good). So while both share ridiculous prices, one could argue that a lot of what AOW sells is overpriced.

I suppose it comes down to whats worse for you, a different (but stupid) re-release of a decent product or a new (but stupid) idea. Both lack ingenuity, both are overpriced.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Voted for the ring, too.  Not a big fan of man-rings.  But I mostly thought it was ridiculously expensive for what you get.  And I actually like the idea of sculpts cast in metal.  I just wish they would have done it with a new sculpture.  I'd buy one of Locus transformed, if it turned out nice.

SMZKAH said:
I gotta agree with Aazealh about the brass Zodd though. I guess we should be thankful that it wasn't met with much popularity; imagine AOW re releasing every old statue in brass!

I kinda want a brass SK. :badbone:

Gotta agree with Sky Traveler. A metal cast Locus would be awesome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Gotta agree with Sky Traveler. A metal cast Locus would be awesome.

Indeed, it'd be awesome. I don't even dislike the idea of wooden or metallic statues, but $1300 for a re-release of an old sculpt? I know I can't overlook that. I feel the same about the wooden Puck & beherit but at least the price wasn't as outrageous. Concerning the ring, what kills me is that there are actually amateur-made ones that are MUCH better (more original, in full silver, better execution) that sell at hobby conventions for 3 times less. And they're hand-made and all so I don't care about AOW's excuses.

I voted Brass Zodd. I think the idea is great, and I personally would LOVE to have it, but man, the price was just tooooo ridiculous! Are they still going through with it anyways??? Maiku, I know you ordered one, what's the latest information?

voted for the watch repain because like Walter stated the origional hasnt sold out, then to wait so long and simply change the color just seems like a money scam to me. Just how they do DVD's and there "Director's cut, special edition, limited edition" junk

I chose "other".
Sure the Brass Zodd is way too expansive (and I am afraid of imagining the shipping cost via EMS :judo: ), but for the one who can properly spend the money, it will be a cool purchase.

What seems ridiculous according to me is the Blood work on the Guts: MAKEN statue for instance... or the face (and left arm) of the Berserker with a crocodile/apostle base.
Anyway, the brand ring has also a point.

I chose the Wooden Behelit because wood is a really bad choice to make something out of. It should be made out of the same stuff the busts or kits are

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Skullgrin140 said:
I chose the Wooden Beherit because wood is a really bad choice to make something out of. It should be made out of the same stuff the busts or kits are

Not to be rude but that's a pretty stupid reason. As a matter of fact, beherits were made in resin early on, the wooden one was just a variation on the theme. And in itself wood can be a very cool and classy material to make something in, after that it just depends on personal tastes.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
I also voted for the ring, which is ungodly expensive for such a relatively simple design.

i just got the guts berserk armor "thing"... i say "thing" because it has one moving part which means its not a statue and its has one moving part which means its not an action figure... i am so confused :???:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I also voted for the ring for the same reasons everyone else gave. I guess I'm one of the only people who dreamed of having the brass Zodd statue. Only in my dreams it was made of solid gold. The real reason I wanted it was because of the "grand wooden case" which sounded really cool. I think I was more interested in this than the actual statue itself. Does anyone have pics of this?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
The real reason I wanted it was because of the "grand wooden case" which sounded really cool. I think I was more interested in this than the actual statue itself. Does anyone have pics of this?

Hahaha, you just wanted the box? You can get a super pretty wooden box for $50 you know man. :SK:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Licensing fees and all :void:
More like "gullible tax." Anyway, if you want a nice looking box with a brand, there's always the BRANDED BOX for the PS2 Berserk game :guts:

Off topic, but any word from AoW on a Ganishka Fog-Form Ice Sculpture yet? I'll bet they could REALLY charge high for that one. I envision an "encased in carbonite" marketing ploy :carcus:

Top Bottom