Japanese Berserk Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Hey Olivier, I’m curious about the Japanese Berserk Message Boards.  Do they have a bunch of different theories from ours?  For instance, what’s their take on Locus and the upcoming chapters? What are their big theories on what happened with Gaiseric & God Hand and other important events?

-Griffith

Do they have a bunch of different theories from ours?

Their theories aren't that different (well, they don't think Guts is en Elf... actually, they made fun of that "Occidental" theory, once... I guess that makes the author famous, now?  ;D )...

For instance, what’s their take on Locus and the upcoming chapters?

Most of them think Locus (Roch?) is an Apostle, as far as I can see...
Apart from that... I don't know, I think they aren't speculating about future events as much as we do... Sometimes, they wonder about the way the series will end, sometimes about the next episode, sometimes about the Skull Knight's origins... But apart from that...
I haven't seen a lot of theories about what Griffith will do from now on or about Guts' trip to Elfhame, I think?...

What are their big theories on what happened with Gaiseric & God Hand and other important events?

There was a theory about Gaiseric being split into the Skull Knight and Void. But I already saw that on Occidental boards (and I don't reeally buy that, I must say  :-/ ).
But it's an old one, anyway...

By the way...
A few months ago (maybe a year ago? jeez, I can't remember...  ??? ), some anonymous guy posted what he claimed to be the whole truth about what happened 1000 years ago. He did that on quite a few BBS, the exact same message. Some webmasters got scared ("what if?...  :-[ ) and removed it.
I still don't know how I feel about that whole thing, actually... I hope it's not the truth, because as it is, it's not satisfying in my humble opinion... I'd think Miura would think of something a bit more convincing, but... well, there are some details...
Let's just say I hope I'll be surprised _and_ satisfied when the Skull Knight's origins will be explained in the manga... ^^;;

If you want me to talk about it, well... I can, but...
1) if it's true, it's an huge spoiler
2) even if it's not, some may believe it is and think it's a let-down... and I don't want people to give up on Berserk because of me. ^^;;;

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I'd love to see it... but if it's that sucky, why not send it to me in a private message? Or mail it?

I promise I won't give up berserk, and will promptly forget the whole thing if there are spoilers... ;)

Griffith

I must know, just put a big silly spoilers warning at the top of it!

-Griffith

Like I said, it's not very satisfying... But there are some details that sound "authentic" (and some other one that are just...  :p )...

Anyway...

SPOILERS
(maybe  ;D )
An Occultation occurred at the Tower of Retribution a thousand years ago. That was Void's "birth".
Two years later, another "artificial" Occultation was to be triggered by a man. That's how the Skull Knight was eventually created.

Gaiseric wasn't in the Tower of Retribution.
The screams of the wiseman who was kept in the torture room of the tower gave birth to the God of the Abyss (the Idea of Evil) who was still "chaotic" (bad English?  :-/ ) and wasn't "shaped" yet before that. The God of the Abyss answered to the screams by initiating the Occultation.

Gaiseric, in his capital of Midland, heard about that phenomenon, and wanted to become a "god" himself by triggering an Occultation and sacrificing his people.
Void saw that and, with the help of "Apostles" he created, destroyed Midland to punish him. The frontier between our world and Void's wasn't clearly established yet, back then (Olivier: that's got to be the worst part of the whole thing :( ).

Gaiseric was badly wounded, but survived. As he was dying, he was saved by Elves, whose existence was still legendary at that time.
But because of what happened to him, he was too weak to fight anymore, he couldn't even wield a sword. The leader of the Elves saw that Gaiseric felt guilty for his sins, so he (she?) told him about the Elves' origins and explained him that he could expiate by being "revived" by them into a Skull Knight to destroy Void, the monster he created.

The Crimson Beherit was created by the God of the Abyss from Void's crystallized tear of blood.

The Elves are the materialization of feelings, just as the God of the Abyss is. They're just the "opposite" of the Idea of Evil. They were created by men and symbolize their hopes and positive thoughts.

Well... As you can see, there are some problems...
An "artificial Occultation" _2 years_ after a regular one? That reminds me of what happend with Femto's birth and Griffith's rebirth... A bit too easy...
Also, if Void was the first God Hand, he should have been born less than 1000 years ago... Of course, there's always the possibility that the Skull Knight killed a God Hand...
The whole explanation about the 4/5 Angles who destroyed Midland is extremely fishy, in my humble opinion.

Apart from that...
Well, that would explain why the corpses in the Tower of Rebirth weren't "eaten" and all had the brand on their forehead...
That would also explain why Puck sensed some "Elven aura" around the Skull Knight...
I guess the whole thing about Griffith's last tears being "crystallized" (volume 13) would make more sense if that was supposed to explain the Crimson Beherit's origins...

Er... I sure hope it's a bit more... convincing and less... simple? than that. ^_^;;

Fishbomb

???

Yeah... that wasn't very... arousing at all. And not really what we have come to expect from Miura in depth and complexity.

To tell you the truth, even if this was once an idea that Miura had about what went on, my bet is that it isn't really the same now anyway. Plots change over time, and although some things are interesting I bet that when the story is finally told it will be told a damn well better than this.

Intersting things though:

Skull knight is Gasaeric transformed by elves... would explain the elven feeling, yet I feel a bit doubtful. Have we seen elves doing much of anything besides protecting so far?

Void is the wise man... and an enemy of Gasaeric, or at least that is what I think it said. That is close to my own speculations...

Void is the First god hand. Well.. to be the first god hand, and create four apostles in two years to destroy Gasaerics empire? No... that seems very dodgy. And why should they punish him? So far Idea seem very keen on letting anyone willing to sacrifice enough becoming an apostle. Why would gasaeric be different if he was willing to sacrifice his empire?

Behelits as crystalised tears of those that become chosen to be apostles. Interesting, and the crimson behelit being the very first tear. In that case the behelits would be like seeds, spreading the plague of Idea further, every new apostle giving rise to new behelits. Cool. Skull Knight would have his hands full eating all those... and that means that Griffith's tears might have become Behelits as well...

No... this is probably not the 'whole truth', at the very most it sounds like someone had a late night drunken conversation with Miura, chatting away about things, and decided to post what he made sense of...

But it was interesting anyway!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
::)

Its basically an amalgamation of 3 or 4 different theories. I dont buy any of it, personally, outside of Void being "the" wise man involved, and the part about Gai being saved by the elves and granted a new body/armor and eventually turning into Skully as we know him. None of these things do I believe to be "concrete", but they are ideas that work, and that is what makes them so...convincing.

The whole Void being born first, then Gaiseric being turned into a "god" by creating an artificial eclipse? Utter trash.

The man who wrote this just found a way to (loosely) tie all the ends together with the information that has been provided. Even if it was Miura's original idea, he is sure to have gotten word of its spread, and certainly has changed his ideas around by now. However...a frightening piece of evidence to this whole "mysterious man who knows so much", is that assuming this happened sometime between volume 17-current day (I dont know why i choose these dates), Miura has been rather slacking off on the Gaiseric/1000 years ago information. Shying away? Or giving time/room to develop new ideas in light of a "rat"?  

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it. But for the purposes of debating, Im sticking to my good ol' theory that is basically a really fucked up version of the one Olivier gave me a loooong time ago.

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
FreeTranslation.com es un sitio fácil de usar para una traducción rápida. Puede obtener el sentido general de un texto y de páginas web en un idioma extranjero.

THE TOWER OF THE RETRIBUCION BUT WELL THE TOWER OF THE RENAISSANCE SEEMS. THEN ALL THE ONES THAT COME TO BE AHI, they SUFFER A CHANGE THAT MODIFIED THEIR LIVES FOR ALWAYS?

Griffith

Well, I hate to say it, but I didn’t think it was all that bad, maybe I just went in with low expectations. I don’t know if it’s something I’d like to see happen in the manga, but as a theory (rather than a foretelling) I think it’s very good. It delves into things I haven’t seen in other theories, the Behelits, origin of Apostles, it’s more about God Hand than it is Gaiseric (perhaps we focus on him a bit too much). And why should it (if true) drive anyone from Berserk? Gaiseric’s story in relation to the rest Berserk is just a subplot. Whatever your take on this thing, good or bad, it’s interesting nonetheless and I’m sure what Miura puts out will be different. I like it simply because one can derive a lot of new idea’s from it, and I think we should examine those idea’s rather than putting them away.

-Griffith

P.S. What can I say? It excites me.

Fishbomb

Yeah, it makes for fun things to discuss... I especially liked the origin of the Behelits... it made perfect sense in a way.

And it do parallell some of our own speculations...

lyricaldanichan

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun!
wow interesting background (if it may not be true)! Now I just wish Somebody could get Mirua to come to one of the US conventions and tell us what is in store in Berserk! :p

Danielle

Fishbomb

I think Miura should come to sweden... he could live in my apartment, and then could cook for him. ;)

I am a good cook.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I also have plans for Miura! I have vowed that before I die I will have breakfast and brunch with Miura, and discuss things like the stock market, and fashion, and architecture. I really do want to meet him.

And no, Im not joking.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely not! From the manga experience, one can assume that he has absurdly odd sexual tastes...And while it would be sex that one could brag about to family, friends and all over the internet ("I had sex with the man that created a character named GUTS") it would most likely end in tragedy...sigh...

PS Goddamn its late...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
alright! Lets all have sex with a demon goat cult leader! Oh and while youre at it, serve me up some of that "childrens fingers and eyeballs brew" MMMMM MMM GOOD!

Absolutely not! From the manga experience, one can assume that he has absurdly odd sexual tastes...And while it would be sex that one could brag about to family, friends and all over the internet ("I had sex with the man that created a character named GUTS") it would most likely end in tragedy...sigh...

why not?
im sure he'd only want to draw your ass over and over again...
the pictures would be tasteful no doubt

Fishbomb

alright! Lets all have sex with a demon goat cult leader! Oh and while youre at it, serve me up some of that "childrens fingers and eyeballs brew" MMMMM MMM GOOD!

;D I am black/death metal chick, so... why not? :p

That demon goat cult leader is... yummy! Even though I do prefer the girls... vol 18... dreamy... *sighs longingly*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom