What about a movie

CnC

Ad Oculos
nothing against the berserk world... but i prefer seeing the lord of the rings movies over a berserk one... primarily because it would suck

D

Dare

yeah
somebody saw the movie of hokuto no ken or the movie of guyver? well I believe hokuto no ken was good, but was godd because it was a little production movie
what do you believe be a Berserk movie? really like CnC say "IT WOULD SUCK "

M

Marcus

Its tooooo big a series to make into a movie.. it be like Star Trek, movie after movie after movie :-X

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
This thread shouldnt be here, shame on you >:(

If such a thing can succeed then the damn film bigwigs needs understand it would need to be true to the original storyline (hands down, a must!) and that means Miura would probably need to supervise the whole process! Now I don't think it would necassarily be a bad thing for Berserk to be a series of movies. Though it would have to be made in such a way that will keep both movie-goers AND fans interested. Lethal Weapon, The Godfather, and Star Trek(1-6) are good examples. Oh and ofcourse the original Planet of the Apes!  :p

Then theres the whole actor/actress casting dilemma...

BOB

poruno sutâ
jipeeeeeeee Is there goin to be a season two of the anime?
Where are free scans of the whole manga?

(for the sake of discussions everyone is fed up with) :D :D :D

jipeeeeeeee        Is there goin to be a season two of the anime?
                         Where are free scans of the whole manga?

(for the sake of discussions everyone is fed up with)  :D :D :D

thanks for making me want to murder you.

zod_the_imortal

im am searching for the strong one
:Dok ok ok shame on me i know that the essence of this beautiful story would never be a good movie primarily because those hollywood bloodsucking producers would never stay true to the manga but this is a great story and it should be respected as that so what the well are those jap's doing make a second anime series

BOB

poruno sutâ
But you have to get the image of the annoying little
Analking Skywalker from Episode I in your head to really appreciate that uncontrollable outburst of mine ;D

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
to give an appropriate example: just think of "X".
that is what happens if someone tries to make a movie out of a campaign.

-on second thought:

a berserk movie? i thought about that after having watched LoTR. if they would do 3 movies with the same length as the LoTR movies, it might perhaps work. (if they'd only do the Taka no Dan-Arc, otherwise... oh well.)
i couldn't imagine a movie about LotR either before it actually happened.
i think it could probably be quite cool due to almost everything that is imaginable can be realised in these days.

For a Berserk movie to be made alot would have to be cut out, the story is too long for just 3 or 4 movies they would have to make about 6 or 7 depending on how much longer Miura makes the story.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
For a Berserk movie to be made alot would have to be cut out, the story is too long for just 3 or 4 movies they would have to make about 6 or 7 depending on how much longer Miura makes the story.

that's why i said: "if they'd only do the taka no dan arc". i wouldn't even think about making movies on the whole thing.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
in such a film, do you think there would be any chance to have a chapter 83 glimpse ? ( with special effects that could be a famous coup de theatre between griffith-wounded and femto... :-[ )

kameshell

trying is the first step towards failure
I'd rather have a beautifuly animated series. Don't get me wrong, i loved the 25 epsiodes of berserk I have. But here's a shot in the dark, the animators from 'The Maxx' series, what if they bought the right to the series, re-animate from the beginning and continue it until the end.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'd rather have a beautifuly animated series. Don't get me wrong, i loved the 25 epsiodes of berserk I have. But here's a shot in the dark, the animators from 'The Maxx' series, what if they bought the right to the series, re-animate from the beginning and continue it until the end.
I really wish those animators picked up Maxx about 20 issues after where they started. The second story arc was fifty billion times deeper than the initial arc. Cool show still.

Top Bottom