FF Tactics Sequel

This is excellent news. I was really disappointed with Tactics Advance, being as how they fucked up the battle system by making it simpler and applying that god awful judge system, but then again, it was geared more towards kids.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was really excited about this until I read that it's a FFTactics ADVANCE sequel. To all of those who played the original abomination, all I have to say is... SnOwBaLL FiGhT! :troll:

I really hope this will be a return to the original Tactics style. What a fucking letdown Advance was... "Hey! You attacked with a sword! That's against the RULES for today! Time out for you, buddy!" Fucking bullshit. Square-EA had better not try any of that nonsense with the sequel.

PS: I do wonder though... if that Ramza graphic is just for show, or is really part of the concept art. If so... :isidro:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Well, I was really excited about this until I read that it's a FFTactics ADVANCE sequel. To all of those who played the original abomination, all I have to say is... SnOwBaLL FiGhT! :troll:

I really hope this will be a return to the original Tactics style. What a fucking letdown Advance was... "Hey! You attacked with a sword! That's against the RULES for today! Time out for you, buddy!" Fucking bullshit. Square-EA had better not try any of that nonsense with the sequel.

PS: I do wonder though... if that Ramza graphic is just for show, or is really part of the concept art.
Blarg, I thought you were incorrect so I went back and looked at it... well hopefully it will be but just on the DS. I didn't mind the FFTA so much but then again I didn't get far into it.

Clarification Edit: What I meant above was... im hoping that it will be the equal to FFT but just has the Advanced name on it since its on the DS.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
The original FFT is being ported and updated for the PSP as well.
Oh, they're still making games for that clunky thing? :ganishka:

We (well, most of us) read the article. It's just that no one cares about the PSP.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I read about that yesterday. There are so many Tactical RPGs planned these days (and most of them for the NDS :badbone:), it really makes me happy. Especially since the NDS isn't region locked, so I can play the US versions if they decide not to localize them in Europe (which is exactly what happened with the original FF Tactics). Anyway, while everybody, including me, is already taking it for granted that the game will be for the NDS, the system still hasn't been announced. More information should be revealed in the next few days.

I wasn't a big fan of FF:TA, so I'll wait till we know more about it to get excited. For now there are other games looking more promising to me.

Walter said:
Square-EA had better not try any of that nonsense with the sequel.

Final Fantasy: Madden Tactics 2007?

dwarfkicker said:
The original FFT is being ported and updated for the PSP as well.

Yeah, they're calling it "Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War." The updates are really light though, there'll be one new class (Onion Knight) and new cinematics, that's all. Honestly I'm not sure why they're porting the game now when it should normally be available through the PS1 emulator system soon.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'd rather have the port of the original than ADVANCE 2; new doesn't mean better.

But then I'd rather just play the original altogether on a playstation or emulator.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Griffith No More!" said:
I'd rather have the port of the original than ADVANCE 2; new doesn't mean better.

Can't say I disagree here. Which is why I'd like to see more ports of "classic" games on the NDS. Still, I'm willing to give that FF:TA2 a chance for now, let's be optimistic.

EDIT: Final Fantasy Tactics A2 has been confirmed to be a NDS title.

Top Bottom